Tonez

RFE evidence sent to USCIS - USIS sent another RFE for same evidence

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I received an RFE for my I-485 application, from a K1 visa. I sent everything required in the original packet, including a valid medical with full vaccinations (DS-3025 completed, signed and in date) from my medical in London, before moving to the US. The RFE asked for I-693 to be completed (another medical) and when I queried USCIS they said there was nothing they can do about it, I just had to follow the RFE notice. I had my medical (at cost of $280) and sent it via USPS to the address in the RFE notice. I have a tracking number, and the USPS website says it has been delivered on September 14th at 11:28pm, to the address I sent it to. There was no update to my online account for a few weeks, so last week I contacted USCIS and asked about the evidence I sent, they said they couldn't determine if the evidence had arrived at the USCIS field office here in Tucson, AZ or not, and I just had to wait. I logged in today to again check the status, and I have another RFE notice asking for EXACTLY THE SAME EVIDENCE I just sent to USCIS. I again contacted them, and all they did was keep redirecting me to what to do when I receive an RFE notice. I ended the conversation and contacted them again, hoping to get another agent. This time, the agent said he would escalate my case to a higher tier agent and I would get a response in a few days via phone call or email. I am contacting you to see if there is any legal action I can take if nothing happens. As I said, I included the required medical forms and information with the original I-485 application, and I can only assume it was lost somehow by USCIS which is why I was sent an RFE for the same info, but via I-693 form. I had another medical and sent the form to USCIS, with proof of delivery, and I can only assume they lost this too, as they have told me to have another medical and send another I-693 form otherwise my application will be denied. Any help or advice will be very much appreciated, has anyone else has a similar experience? If so, what did you do?

Time Line:

• I-485 packet recieved by USCIS April 11 2022
  • Interview scheduled for June 28th 2022
  • Interview cancelled without reason on June 3rd 2022
  • RFE sent to me asking for I-693 to be filled in and sent back, notice dated August 25th 2022
  • I-693 sent via USPS and tracking shows as delivered on September 14th at 11:28am
  • 2nd RFE sent to me asking for I-693 to be filled in and sent back, notice date October 4th 2022
Edited by Tonez
Formatting

Timeline

No vaccines declined, infact I had extra ones done at the medical in London to make sure they were up to date and completed. I already had my full covid-19 vaccination before the medical, with proof, and it was signed off on the DS-3025 form.

The medical I had a few weeks ago, the civil surgeon literally said "I see you have all your vaccinations, so you are all good there" and again, I can see they are all signed off on the copy of the I-693 form I have.

3 hours ago, Tonez said:

No vaccines declined, infact I had extra ones done at the medical in London to make sure they were up to date and completed. I already had my full covid-19 vaccination before the medical, with proof, and it was signed off on the DS-3025 form.

The medical I had a few weeks ago, the civil surgeon literally said "I see you have all your vaccinations, so you are all good there" and again, I can see they are all signed off on the copy of the I-693 form I have.

Hmmm, very odd.   USCIS does sometimes make mistakes.   All I can think of is for you to re-send the same documents.   But first, hopefully someone comes along with more ideas.   It is kind of baffling!

3 hours ago, Tonez said:

I received an RFE for my I-485 application, from a K1 visa. I sent everything required in the original packet, including a valid medical with full vaccinations (DS-3025 completed, signed and in date) from my medical in London, before moving to the US. The RFE asked for I-693 to be completed (another medical) and when I queried USCIS they said there was nothing they can do about it, I just had to follow the RFE notice. I had my medical (at cost of $280) and sent it via USPS to the address in the RFE notice. I have a tracking number, and the USPS website says it has been delivered on September 14th at 11:28pm, to the address I sent it to. There was no update to my online account for a few weeks, so last week I contacted USCIS and asked about the evidence I sent, they said they couldn't determine if the evidence had arrived at the USCIS field office here in Tucson, AZ or not, and I just had to wait. I logged in today to again check the status, and I have another RFE notice asking for EXACTLY THE SAME EVIDENCE I just sent to USCIS. I again contacted them, and all they did was keep redirecting me to what to do when I receive an RFE notice. I ended the conversation and contacted them again, hoping to get another agent. This time, the agent said he would escalate my case to a higher tier agent and I would get a response in a few days via phone call or email. I am contacting you to see if there is any legal action I can take if nothing happens. As I said, I included the required medical forms and information with the original I-485 application, and I can only assume it was lost somehow by USCIS which is why I was sent an RFE for the same info, but via I-693 form. I had another medical and sent the form to USCIS, with proof of delivery, and I can only assume they lost this too, as they have told me to have another medical and send another I-693 form otherwise my application will be denied. Any help or advice will be very much appreciated, has anyone else has a similar experience? If so, what did you do?

Time Line:

• I-485 packet recieved by USCIS April 11 2022
  • Interview scheduled for June 28th 2022
  • Interview cancelled without reason on June 3rd 2022
  • RFE sent to me asking for I-693 to be filled in and sent back, notice dated August 25th 2022
  • I-693 sent via USPS and tracking shows as delivered on September 14th at 11:28am
  • 2nd RFE sent to me asking for I-693 to be filled in and sent back, notice date October 4th 2022

Are you sure that you need send the rfe to your office in Arizona or to another office ?

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

If it's asking for the "same thing", have you maybe thought that you sent the wrong things both the first and second time?

Post both RFEs please so we can advise and a copy of your AOS packet cover letter showing everything in detail of what you sent. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
11 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

If it's asking for the "same thing", have you maybe thought that you sent the wrong things both the first and second time?

Post both RFEs please so we can advise and a copy of your AOS packet cover letter showing everything in detail of what you sent. 

Lol, you really think I misread what was asked for? While I appreciate the advice, I'm not going to be insulted like that.

I'll post the RFEs later when I get home.

Edited by Tonez

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tonez said:

I'm not going to be insulted like that.

Welcome to this thing called the “internet”. Which isn’t worth getting upset over some pixels on a computer screen. 

good luck with your application. 

Lover and hubby to 1, Daddy to 2. I do enjoy growing older but not growing up.

A filthy, dirty oilfield engineer.

N400 through marriage to another filthy dirty oilfield engineer.

3 hours ago, Tonez said:

Lol, you really think I misread what was asked for? While I appreciate the advice, I'm not going to be insulted like that.

I'll post the RFEs later when I get home.

It wasn't an insult.

It's extremely common to misunderstand what an RFE is asking.

Posts of this topic are in the thousands. Many others were so sure too.

Hence why more details as asked above are needed to help you. 

(What you sent EXACTLY, what the RFE said).

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline

Screenshots of both RFEs (RFE_01 is dated August 25th 2022, RFE_02 is dated October 4th 2022)

My response to RFE_01 was a completed I-693, completed, dated and signed by a civil surgeon listed on the "find a doctor" page on the USCIS website.
(note: due to the way this website displays the attachments, RFE_02 starts with the second headline "Why We Are Writing You")

Also, the version of the I-693 that was sent is Edition: 07/19/22 which is the most up to date form (and is the one that is mentioned in RFE_02 with the one that has to be used after October 5th 2022), and therefore should have been valid for RFE_01 as well.

RFE_01.png

RFE_02.png

Edited by Tonez
More information

Based on the $ amount you paid for new medical exam (I-693), sounds like the doctor did only a limited “ exam and form” without the usual blood work , etc. 

Nonetheless the 2nd RFE does not acknowledge they received the first medical and that it is deficient in any way. 

Contact your congressman and ask for help , they will get you a pretty fast response…BEFORE deadline to respond. 

Your interview was canceled because they had you on track to approve without an interview once they received new medical. 

Edited by Family

Timeline
19 hours ago, Family said:

Based on the $ amount you paid for new medical exam (I-693), sounds like the doctor did only a limited “ exam and form” without the usual blood work , etc. 

Nonetheless the 2nd RFE does not acknowledge they received the first medical and that it is deficient in any way. 

Contact your congressman and ask for help , they will get you a pretty fast response…BEFORE deadline to respond. 

Your interview was canceled because they had you on track to approve without an interview once they received new medical. 

"Limited exam?" $280 is expensive for all the quotes I got here, I only went with them because they could fit me in quickly. And they definitely took bloods, no one said anything about it being a "limited exam"

It's been 2 weeks since I contacted my congresswoman, I haven't heard anything back 

Edited by Tonez

3 minutes ago, Tonez said:

Limited exam?" $280 is expensive for all the quotes I got here, I only went with them because they could fit me in quickly. And they definitely took bloods, no one said anything about it being a "limited exam"

It's been 2 weeks since I contacted my congresswoman, I haven't heard anything back 

Edited 1 minute ago by Tonez

Then you got a fabulous deal as prices vary wildly by location. Follow up with the congressman’s office, email and call , remind them that it’s a time sensitive issue. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Family said:

Then you got a fabulous deal as prices vary wildly by location. Follow up with the congressman’s office, email and call , remind them that it’s a time sensitive issue. 

Thank you, i have followed up this morning with an email and included some new information, if I don't hear back within 24-48 hours i will give them a call

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Update:

Was contacted by my congresswoman's department. I sent them all the info they required. They called me today to say they spoke with USCIS yesterday and they said my Green Card application has been approved.

I received a call from USCIS a couple hours later saying my RFE evidence (I-693) arrived on September 14th (which I already knew due to USPS tracking) after the first RFE, and my application has been approved and my card is being produced. When I queried the second RFE and asked why I was asked to send the same documents a second time, the agent stumbled over his words "erm..well...er...I think that what might have happened was...er... Someone didn't upload the documents to the system...and...er... Therefore the system didn't recognise we had those documents"

Well ok then. Anything to avoid admitting blame I guess.

Anyway, my Green Card is now being produced. Celebration time 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.