Sarge2155

October 2022 - AOS Filers

133 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, BH&JK said:

Hey everyone, about how long should it take once the I-485 is approved to actually receive the greencard? My wife's I-485 was approved on 3/3, but the status hasn't changed since then, and the only thing we've received was the approval notice (I-797) on 3/14. 

Me and my husband is in the same situation,  he was approved 3/2, except they sent the EAD card instead and he got the approval notice , still no greencard or evidence that it's been sent

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 minutes ago, BH&JK said:

Hey everyone, about how long should it take once the I-485 is approved to actually receive the greencard? My wife's I-485 was approved on 3/3, but the status hasn't changed since then, and the only thing we've received was the approval notice (I-797) on 3/14. 

It seems like USCIS has approved a lot of applications recently which has created some backlogs in card production. Just hang in there. Good things you know she was approved 😊 

On 3/16/2023 at 8:18 AM, BH&JK said:

My husband’s case was approved on 02/19. Still no GC yet. The status is still on approved. Did you get yours yet? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Polly3 said:

My husband’s case was approved on 02/19. Still no GC yet. The status is still on approved. Did you get yours yet? 

Same situation, status still on approved and no GC yet 😕 

Timeline
Just now, Polly3 said:

I read on USCIS website that they redesigned how green cards look in January 2023. Im assuming this could be the delay. Im not sure 😕 

Yeah we had heard that as well. I’ve seen estimates from 3-4 weeks all the way to 30 days for welcome packet + 30 days for GC arriving (60 days total). My wife has some job interviews soon and we’re hoping this delay won’t cause issues if she ends up getting an offer. Best of luck to you and everyone else waiting right now 🤞

1 minute ago, BH&JK said:

Yeah we had heard that as well. I’ve seen estimates from 3-4 weeks all the way to 30 days for welcome packet + 30 days for GC arriving (60 days total). My wife has some job interviews soon and we’re hoping this delay won’t cause issues if she ends up getting an offer. Best of luck to you and everyone else waiting right now 🤞

Oh wow! Thats alot. We are already past 30 days now and the only reason im worried is because we’re traveling in April and im afraid we wont make it. 
doesnt your wife have her work permit? Good luck to you too

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Polly3 said:

Oh wow! Thats alot. We are already past 30 days now and the only reason im worried is because we’re traveling in April and im afraid we wont make it. 
doesnt your wife have her work permit? Good luck to you too

Hope it works out for you all, so frustrating to feel like we’re finally done with the waiting only to be hit with this. 
She doesn’t, her GC got approved before EAD/AP.

22 hours ago, BH&JK said:

Hope it works out for you all, so frustrating to feel like we’re finally done with the waiting only to be hit with this. 
She doesn’t, her GC got approved before EAD/AP.

Our status just changed to card produced today morning. 
i think it’s because we chatted with emma. Im not sure but maybe you guys should try that as well. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Polly3 said:

Our status just changed to card produced today morning. 
i think it’s because we chatted with emma. Im not sure but maybe you guys should try that as well. 

Oh great! Ours also changed yesterday evening, I looked on the r/USCIS subreddit and I guess a ton of people who got approved in early March all had their status change yesterday. Glad it finally happened for you all! 

Edited by BH&JK

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

This process for sure isn’t for the weak. I’ve seen some cases where the AOS was submitted this year and they’ve their work permit. I expedited my work permit and they haven’t acknowledged the docs I faxed. I changed my address over a month ago, I haven’t gotten a letter. Just wanted to share my thoughts to keep my sanity

• 2 months later...

Hey all!

Just to let you know I was approved on 6th June and had my green card in hand on the 12th June.

Wish you all a speedy process too!

😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.