2,974 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, asimove said:

yes i am shopping for bring along lawyer, what will be the reasonable fees should i go with? 

For the reasonable fees. I dont have any idea. Kindly see with @Sandra G.. She is an immigration attorney specialized in vawa cases. She may refered you to someone available in your area.

Don't Panic, remain calm and always trust in God and it shall be well with you.

1 hour ago, Rhema1 said:

For the reasonable fees. I dont have any idea. Kindly see with @Sandra G.. She is an immigration attorney specialized in vawa cases. She may refered you to someone available in your area.

Don't Panic, remain calm and always trust in God and it shall be well with you.

thank you so much!!!

Yes i do trust in GOD ALWAYS!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Desert Storm said:

Hi All, I have my N400 naturalization interview coming up in a week. As a recipient of Green card through, what documents do you all think I should carry with me to the interview? 

Are there any other things I should be aware of ? 

@Sandra G.

Please check your inbox 

Timeline

Dear friends this forum has helped so many people getting their goals 

I have a request that kindly the member who already got there green cards and about to apply for citizenship in like 4-5 months time  please reply to this post so that we can share our views my citizenship is due in next 3 months 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 hours ago, asimove said:

Sandra thanks for reply!!

what do you think what will be the outcome

and what i do here

please

thanks again

She is asking what did the denial letter say without that piece of information no one here can tell you the next steps. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

10 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear friends this forum has helped so many people getting their goals 

I have a request that kindly the member who already got there green cards and about to apply for citizenship in like 4-5 months time  please reply to this post so that we can share our views my citizenship is due in next 3 months 

This idea is very good and will help us to know more better about this process.

Guess there is already a thread for citizenship on this VJ-- platform 

Edited by Rhema1

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rhema1 said:

This idea is very good and will help us to know more better about the process.

Guess there is already a platform for naturalization with VJ---

Can you send me the link of that group for visa journey group naturalization. 

On 8/14/2023 at 1:12 AM, Desert Storm said:

Hi All, I have my N400 naturalization interview coming up in a week. As a recipient of Green card through, what documents do you all think I should carry with me to the interview? 

Are there any other things I should be aware of ? 

@Sandra G.

Hi!

Can you please share your timeline?

And did they use your old fingerprints?

Thanks and wish you a good luck next week

1 hour ago, Braveheart123 said:

How do you guys evaluate the vawa process in terms of service request responses of USCIS from applicants not from congressional liaisons?

Just curious 🤨🤨🤨🤨

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Wednesday -- time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

====================================

WELL, SINCE YOU ASKED...

Michael's wife, refusing to accept that she was looking older, went out and bought a new line of expensive cosmetics that were guaranteed to make her look years younger.

After many hours in front of the mirror while applying the "miracle" products, she asked her husband, "Darling, honestly -- if you didn't know me, what age would you say I am?"

Looking her over carefully, Michael replied, "Judging from your skin, 20; your hair, 18; and your figure, 25."

"Oh, you flatterer!" she gushed.

Just as she was about to tell Michael his reward, he stopped her by saying, "WHOA, hold on there, Sweetie -- I haven't added them up yet!"

:P 

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, Sandra G. said:

The Law states if a judge found an asylum application frivolous the person will be permanently barred from adjusting status (See INA § 208(d)(6); 8 C.F.R. § 1208.20), including VAWA petitioners. The Immigration Officer can deny the AOS, in case of "frivolous asylum". VAWA is adjudicated by VSC and Nebraska Center, but the AOS is adjudicated by the local office.  

Whaoooh!

Thanks so much for this info.

Very important to know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.