2,974 posts in this topic

Can someone help me. 

How do I write to Vermont to send all mails to me instead of my good for nothing attorney? I’ve been trying to get a hold of my attorney to talk to her on the phone since March and no response back. I basically have to send over 10 emails and calls to the office to even get my newest prima facie document sent to me. 
recently she was like I’m being disrespectful by not waiting till when she feels like talking to me, so i did her and myself a favor and fired her from my case.

i need to write a letter to Vermont to inform them but I’m not sure how to write it or where to send it to. 

any help is greatly appreciated. 

41 minutes ago, Koi1 said:

Can someone help me. 

How do I write to Vermont to send all mails to me instead of my good for nothing attorney? I’ve been trying to get a hold of my attorney to talk to her on the phone since March and no response back. I basically have to send over 10 emails and calls to the office to even get my newest prima facie document sent to me. 
recently she was like I’m being disrespectful by not waiting till when she feels like talking to me, so i did her and myself a favor and fired her from my case.

i need to write a letter to Vermont to inform them but I’m not sure how to write it or where to send it to. 

you need to write to vermont. Just let them know your attorney is not representing you anymore. I would say involve your congress person. 

Edited by balo101

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Koi1 said:

Can someone help me. 

Your attorney has to send in a form to say they are no longer representing you and to send all correspondence to your address. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

@balo101is right. No company can't boards you in their aircraft without a valid visa or travel document to the USA for the sake of asylum.

it's not even advisable to be asking for asylum when you have already an approved form I-360.

So, you have to exercise a lot of patience and go through the entire process or try to expedite if you can be able to prove your case as expeditious.

5 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

They may argue that if his or her life is in danger, he or she can still go to any neighboring country for safety.

@Rhema1 You are right. Since I-360 has already been approved, its better to expedite the case. 

Spoiler

Progress related to Form I-130

01/15/2021 - Received date for I-130,  I-485, I-765, I-131
01/21/2021 - We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.

01/23/2021 - Received notices for I-130,  I-485, I-765, I-131

02/05/2021 - The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 and Form I-765 were taken.

04/13/2021 - I-693 Deficiency Notice

05/24/2021 - We are ready to schedule your Form I-485 for an interview.

06/17/2021 - We received your request for expedite processing for Form I-765.
06/23/2021 - Your request to have your case expedited, was assigned to an officer for response for Form I-765.

06/23/2021 - We sent a response to your request to have your case expedited for Form I-765.
06/23/2021 - Your request to have your case expedited, was completed for Form I-765.

06/28/2021 - We approved your request for expedite processing for Form I-765.

06/28/2021 - We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485.

07/18/2021 - We sent a response to your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time for Form I-131. 

07/28/2021 - We ordered your new card for Form I-765.

07/29/2021 - We approved your Form I-765 with 2 year validity. We approved your Form I-131 with 2 year validity.

07/30/2021 - We mailed your new card your Form I-765, directly to the address you gave us.

08/02/2021 - The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Form I-765.

08/05/2021 - Initial interview for Form I-485. Spouse also attended but separated. Told IO that I-360 was filed. Did not take any evidence to prove the marriage is valid so later got a RFE

08/11/2021 - Request for evidence to prove bonafide marriage and form I-130A and I-693. 

08/19/2021 - Submitted the RFE directly to Field office. 

08/24/2021 - Your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, was completed for Form I-131.
Progress related to Form I-360

06/17/2021 - Mailed Form I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131

06/25/2021 - We received your Form I-485, Form I-131, Form I-765.

06/29/2021 - We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-360

06/29/2021 - Received notices for I-360,  I-485, I-765, I-131

07/22/2021 - Fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 and Form I-360 have been applied to your case

08/05/2021 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 1 year. Expiry 08/05/2022

02/26/2022 - We ordered your new card for Form I-765.

03/01/2022 - We mailed your new card your Form I-765, directly to the address you gave us. We approved your Form I-765 validity for 2 years and combo card. We approved your Form I-131.

03/02/2022 - The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.

07/28/2022 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 6 months. Expiry 01/24/2023

01/18/2023 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 6 months. Expiry 07/17/2023

01/28/2023 - Mailed Form I-765, I-131 for renewal in C09P

02/09/2023 - We received your Form I-131, Form I-765.

03/01/2023 - Received notices for I-765, I-131. We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, I-131

1 hour ago, MontseLe said:

I am getting a little frustrated I applied for VAWA back in October 2020. I have received a work permit maybe 8 months after applying and renewed it once as well. This is the status of my VAWA online and has been for 34 months now. Does this mean they have never asked for extra evidence or anything at all? 

IMG_0914.jpeg

Sorry for your case taking so long 😔

But most people don't receive any RFE before approval.

I myself didn't receive any after nearly 22 months before approval. The normal processing time was 24 months at the time.

Compare to now, you are almost there.

You are most likely gonna be approved soon.

Keep trusting God for a better ending 🙏🙏🙏.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ontarkie
This post was recognized by Ontarkie!

Sandra G. was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

On 8/1/2023 at 1:03 PM, Priya25 said:

Hi @Sandra G. I have few questions , recently I received my C31 EAD and I have C09 combo card which is expiring on May 2024. My questions are :

1. Can work using C31 and use C09 for travel?

2. can I apply for a new advance parole based on C31 before the current Advance parole expires?

Anyone who has experience with this please share as well.

Thanks

As long your I-485 is pending you can travel with your valid advance parole. You can renew the advance parole 6 months before expires.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ontarkie
This post was recognized by Ontarkie!

Sandra G. was awarded the badge 'Helpful Reply' and 1 points.

19 hours ago, Koi1 said:

Can someone help me. 

The letter should be sent to the office where your case is pending.(Vermont(, but if you submitted your I-360 this  year then you should mail the letter to the  Nebraska office.

6 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

Sorry for your case taking so long 😔

But most people don't receive any RFE before approval.

I myself didn't receive any after nearly 22 months before approval. The normal processing time was 24 months at the time.

Compare to now, you are almost there.

You are most likely gonna be approved soon.

Keep trusting God for a better ending 🙏🙏🙏.

Thank you! I wasn’t sure if it would tell me only if any RFE was needed. My lawyer is not the best at keeping me updated so I just go by what it says online. Thank you! 

On 8/5/2023 at 9:51 AM, Demise said:

Credit card, I've been looking at my statements daily to see if they finally charged it. So right now I'm just wondering if I should wait, or if I should just refile, the issue is that I don't want to get double charged because you know, $1225 is a decent chunk of money.

Hey! As I have previously mentioned they have received my I-485 application on June 14.

They have just recently charged my cc on July 28th.

Still no receipt.

I would suggest you to wait a bit longer since they have received your application later than mine if I remember correctly. Hopefully they process your payment this week 🤞

Best of luck 🍀 

21 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Your attorney has to send in a form to say they are no longer representing you and to send all correspondence to your address. 

They said they did. Do i still need to send in one as well? 
Does anyone know the address where i need to send it to? The Vermont address they had before 

2 hours ago, Inzya said:

Hey! As I have previously mentioned they have received my I-485 application on June 14.

They have just recently charged my cc on July 28th.

Still no receipt.

I would suggest you to wait a bit longer since they have received your application later than mine if I remember correctly. Hopefully they process your payment this week 🤞

Best of luck 🍀 

Yeah this is pretty much the only reason why I'm just still anxiously waiting. Someone else mentioned it takes them like 6-8 weeks to issue a receipt notice which is completely ridiculous.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

On 8/7/2023 at 8:22 AM, MontseLe said:

I am getting a little frustrated I applied for VAWA back in October 2020. I have received a work permit maybe 8 months after applying and renewed it once as well. This is the status of my VAWA online and has been for 34 months now. Does this mean they have never asked for extra evidence or anything at all? 

IMG_0914.jpeg

Yeah, that is literally the "We received it" status for I-360. If they'd RFE you it'd say that they RFE'd you. If they'd approve it, it'd say that they mailed you the card.

Anyways, looks like it's still a ways away before when you can inquire what's the hold up. The humanitarian section of USCIS kinda sucks:

image.png.1c32183a2de435e7ae24a155bd6fda7b.png

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

On 8/7/2023 at 7:37 PM, Demise said:

Yeah this is pretty much the only reason why I'm just still anxiously waiting. Someone else mentioned it takes them like 6-8 weeks to issue a receipt notice which is completely ridiculous.

I have finally received my receipts in the mail today. I also received a letter from uscis saying that they have transferred my I-485 application from Nebraska to Vermont service center “in order to speed up processing”. Weird.

Although I have filled up an electronic notification form I haven’t received any email or text messages from them, so keep checking your mailbox.

Edited by Inzya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Our Official Weekly and Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Jokes are known to dislodge approvals*, engender positive news*, and cause everyone to laugh until milk (or beer) comes out your nose.  Accordingly, here is Wednesday's Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

*that is, if correlation = causation

=======================================================

TOO MUCH ALIKE

A depressed blonde, very down on herself, walked into a bar.  The bartender asked, "What's the matter?"

Nearly in tears, the blonde replied, "Well, I have these two horses, and I can't tell them apart.  I don't know if I'm mixing up their riding times or even feeding them the right foods."

The bartender, feeling sorry for the blonde, suggested, "Why don't you try shaving the tail of one of the horses?"

The blonde brightened up and said, "That sounds like a good idea.  I think I'll try it."

A few months later, she returned to the bar in worse condition than she was before.  "What's the matter now?" asked the bartender.

The blonde tearfully said, "I shaved the tail of one of the horses, but it grew back, and I can't tell them apart again."

The bartender, now just wanting her to shut up or leave, says, "Why don't you try shaving the mane?  Maybe that won't grow back."

The blonde stopped crying, had a few drinks, and left.

A few months later, she was back in the bar.  The bartender had never seen anybody in this sorry of a state.

Without being asked, the blonde spoke of her problems.  "I... I shaved the mane of one of the horses, and... it... it grew back!"

The bartender, now furious at the blonde's general stupidity, yelled, "For crying out loud, just measure the stupid horses.  Maybe one is slightly taller than the other one!"

The blonde couldn't believe what the bartender had said, and she stormed out of the bar.  The next day, she came running back into the bar as though she had just won the lottery.

"It worked, it worked!" she exclaimed.  "I measured the horses, and the black one is two inches taller than the white one!"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.