2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sasacb said:

If you sent to USCIS everything from your abuse pictures etc etc etc why they gonna denied your case ? 
they can ask for a RFE but denied a case with a lot evidence …I don’t think so 

That’s why I never thought that way cause I sent to then everything …pic, police report , restraining order, hospital visit etc etc etc 

I received 2 RFEs, I am from April 2020, my 2nd RFE was 4-5 page long. I did not had many pictures, just few selfies, my ex deleted all from my phone. My auto insurance was from another state but had her name on it. I kept that because it was cheap and I explained the same in my statement. Bank statements had very few transactions because we were using cash. I had no job that time. We lived only 4 months together as married. Dates for close to 1.5 year. I feel my case is weak. I could be and hope I am wrong. 

my case is in background check. Last 2nd RFE was in Feb 2021, responded April 2021 and last update was in September 2021 corresponds received. I got my EAD and Ap in may 2022. And getting a PF’s as well. I am not sure if I am over thinking or shall I just travel. It’s been 8 years I saw my mom. Her tourist visa denied thrice because they were not able to find me in the system. 

51 minutes ago, sandranj said:

A green card holder cannot be denied re-entry into the U.S, but the person  can be referred to an Immigration hearing if the person has a criminal record  or if the green card holder lives abroad . If you NEVER applied for asylum then you can travel to your home Country, and you will be able to reenter without any problem.

Thank you so much @sandranj!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@Acoxy Can you tell what was the RFE you got for I-360?

57 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

I received 2 RFEs, I am from April 2020, my 2nd RFE was 4-5 page long. I did not had many pictures, just few selfies, my ex deleted all from my phone. My auto insurance was from another state but had her name on it. I kept that because it was cheap and I explained the same in my statement. Bank statements had very few transactions because we were using cash. I had no job that time. We lived only 4 months together as married. Dates for close to 1.5 year. I feel my case is weak. I could be and hope I am wrong. 

my case is in background check. Last 2nd RFE was in Feb 2021, responded April 2021 and last update was in September 2021 corresponds received. I got my EAD and Ap in may 2022. And getting a PF’s as well. I am not sure if I am over thinking or shall I just travel. It’s been 8 years I saw my mom. Her tourist visa denied thrice because they were not able to find me in the system. 

Hello @Aadi135 What was your both RFE about?

Spoiler

Progress related to Form I-130

01/15/2021 - Received date for I-130,  I-485, I-765, I-131
01/21/2021 - We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.

01/23/2021 - Received notices for I-130,  I-485, I-765, I-131

02/05/2021 - The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 and Form I-765 were taken.

04/13/2021 - I-693 Deficiency Notice

05/24/2021 - We are ready to schedule your Form I-485 for an interview.

06/17/2021 - We received your request for expedite processing for Form I-765.
06/23/2021 - Your request to have your case expedited, was assigned to an officer for response for Form I-765.

06/23/2021 - We sent a response to your request to have your case expedited for Form I-765.
06/23/2021 - Your request to have your case expedited, was completed for Form I-765.

06/28/2021 - We approved your request for expedite processing for Form I-765.

06/28/2021 - We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485.

07/18/2021 - We sent a response to your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time for Form I-131. 

07/28/2021 - We ordered your new card for Form I-765.

07/29/2021 - We approved your Form I-765 with 2 year validity. We approved your Form I-131 with 2 year validity.

07/30/2021 - We mailed your new card your Form I-765, directly to the address you gave us.

08/02/2021 - The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Form I-765.

08/05/2021 - Initial interview for Form I-485. Spouse also attended but separated. Told IO that I-360 was filed. Did not take any evidence to prove the marriage is valid so later got a RFE

08/11/2021 - Request for evidence to prove bonafide marriage and form I-130A and I-693. 

08/19/2021 - Submitted the RFE directly to Field office. 

08/24/2021 - Your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, was completed for Form I-131.
Progress related to Form I-360

06/17/2021 - Mailed Form I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131

06/25/2021 - We received your Form I-485, Form I-131, Form I-765.

06/29/2021 - We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-360

06/29/2021 - Received notices for I-360,  I-485, I-765, I-131

07/22/2021 - Fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 and Form I-360 have been applied to your case

08/05/2021 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 1 year. Expiry 08/05/2022

02/26/2022 - We ordered your new card for Form I-765.

03/01/2022 - We mailed your new card your Form I-765, directly to the address you gave us. We approved your Form I-765 validity for 2 years and combo card. We approved your Form I-131.

03/02/2022 - The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.

07/28/2022 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 6 months. Expiry 01/24/2023

01/18/2023 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 6 months. Expiry 07/17/2023

01/28/2023 - Mailed Form I-765, I-131 for renewal in C09P

02/09/2023 - We received your Form I-131, Form I-765.

03/01/2023 - Received notices for I-765, I-131. We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, I-131

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Aadi135 said:

I know is hard to said but  Vawa processing time take 32 months to get approved or seeing !

Mine took almost 5 years to get approved with all those evidences !

unfortunately not everyone has the same lucky unfortunately idk why some cases get approved with 16months and others like mine in 5 years.

Just try to enjoy life with your combo card , work , travel etc and soon you gonna hear something 

On 1/27/2023 at 8:39 AM, 2020filer said:

Hi guys I’m getting a little nervous - I read that people’s cases get transferred but in my case I just got a notice saying my I-130 case got transferred to Vermont! What does it mean? It is my original filing from the abuser.

EB2E152D-5FBD-4832-8027-EA694EE7361D.jpeg

Hi guys - following up on this. Has this happened to you too in the process? Just trying to see if this is on the right track. 

19 hours ago, Ozy7 said:

I’m not in Removal proceeding, what are the risks to travel?

Mine has always been smooth. I have travelled at least 5 times since I received my combo card. Every time you get in you go to a secondary inspection room (not as scary as it sounds), they ask a few questions like where did you go and what for, what do you do for living and that was pretty much it for me. 

44 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Mine has always been smooth. I have travelled at least 5 times since I received my combo card. Every time you get in you go to a secondary inspection room (not as scary as it sounds), they ask a few questions like where did you go and what for, what do you do for living and that was pretty much it for me. 

I really appreciate w all responds!! I wish I could be that brave..

Greetings to all. How much is the renewal for EAD C(31). I want to renew and saw on the USCIS website that there’s no fee attached. What documents do I need to attach when renewing? 

12 hours ago, God's son said:

Greetings to all. How much is the renewal for EAD C(31). I want to renew and saw on the USCIS website that there’s no fee attached. What documents do I need to attach when renewing? 

There is a fee for C31 however C09 is free. 

You just need copy of your current EAD, 2 passport size pictures and application for i-765. 

1 minute ago, balo101 said:

There is a fee for C31 however C09 is free. 

You just need copy of your current EAD, 2 passport size pictures and application for i-765. 

Thank you @balo101. Do you know how much it cost? Does it make sense to renew it? I still have a valid C09 that expires in September. 

13 minutes ago, God's son said:

Thank you @balo101. Do you know how much it cost? Does it make sense to renew it? I still have a valid C09 that expires in September. 

The fee is $ 410.

It all up to you if you want to renew c31. Even if you want to renew i would say do it c09 which is free. 

Mine c31 is expiring next month but my c09 is expiring on 2024. So i am not renewing c31 i will renew c09 if i have to which would be free. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Can someone let me know how long after I485 being approved and or ordered your new card I can expect receive my green card please 🙏 

01/26 ordered your new card 

01/27 we approved your form i485 

Thank you 🙏

27 minutes ago, Sasacb said:

Can someone let me know how long after I485 being approved and or ordered your new card I can expect receive my green card please 🙏 

01/26 ordered your new card 

01/27 we approved your form i485 

Thank you 🙏

You should get a “We mailed Your Card” notification, then I can estimate 4-5 days after that… as it happened in my case!😊👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.