2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sasacb said:

They only asked me in 2018 RFE for good moral character! That was all!

they never asked for my divorce, birth certificate or other thing !

Thank you so much dear ! 
I remember you from the past helping me ! 
thank you god bless you 

Congratulations. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

Congratulations. May i know who is your lawyer who filed Madamus? 

I consider my case relatively weak. Very few documents, weak psychological evaluation as psychologist was not good. I received 2 RFE's so far. 2nd was on 6 page long asking all minor details about my case. Last status update was correspondence received in Sept 2021, nothing since then, recently i inquire through congressmen, got to know i am stuck in background check, dont know what they are checking, I am getting restless. I am thinking to file Mandamus, what you recommend? what are the criteria's, requirement for mandamus? Would it turn negative for me? I cant even travel as they could anytime deny my case i am being abroad.   

her website also her number 

Melanie Shapiro

(781)461-0100

melanieshapiroesq.com

Hi guys I’m getting a little nervous - I read that people’s cases get transferred but in my case I just got a notice saying my I-130 case got transferred to Vermont! What does it mean? It is my original filing from the abuser.

EB2E152D-5FBD-4832-8027-EA694EE7361D.jpeg

15 hours ago, krychy said:

Mine took about 5 months if I'm remembering correctly!

Thank you. This is very interesting.

From C-31 EAD approval to i-360 approval notice, i have heard from 5 days to months with some feedback in other forums that its the same. Any idea how to get approval notice sooner? I have received c-31 ead 

11 hours ago, Members990 said:

Hi everyone please mentioned your vawa filling date and approved date so we can all know the real processing time . Thanks 

Anyone knows what year and months vawa cases uscis are processing now ??

November 2019- submitted I-360

March 2020- RFE for good moral character

No prima facie, still waiting. 

Senator, congressman and Ombudsman did not help. :(

5 minutes ago, Memo@ said:

I’m also waiting since 2019 , did you ever received any response from congressperson or senator? Is it under background check? 

Yes,  they inquired to USCIS many times and the answer was that my case is still under review, pending, has issues or in background check...it felt like they didn't even check what's going on but every time sent a generic letter to get rid of me.. :(

10 minutes ago, ax1990 said:

After more than 7 years, my 485 status changed to new card being produced. Went through 2 interviews with 3 interview cancellations, 3 RFEs, denial, MTR, 7-8 EADs.

My case history is way too long but here’s a summary of recent events: Case moved to nbc earlier this year, they issued RFE in August 2022 for BC. Then case moved to field office, medical RFE was issued in mid October. I didn’t receive the rfe notice, luckily my attorney received a copy in November. Responded in November, then waited 2.5 months for a decision.

After being traumatized in life for so long, it feels unreal, and I still keep thinking about what’s going to go wrong again. Fear has become my second nature. Missed out on the most important 5 years of my life. I can have some peace now and go see my parents, although I still feel stressed about international travel. I thank you all and this community for being there for each other, I’ve spent years reading your posts and comments.

HUGE Congratulations.

On 1/26/2023 at 6:45 PM, Sasacb said:

Another update to all members from this amazing forum ! 

Time line 
**March 2018 - filed vawa and ask the USCIS to hold the I485.

Since 2018 they never took any action on my case ‘always renewing prima facie and work permit’. I sent a lot inquires from congressman to USCIS and they always saying ‘background check’.

**July2022- I fired the lawyer who filed my case and hired a new one. The new lawyer was doing everything to make uscis take action on my case and that didn’t make any difference to USCIS they was saying background check again and again.
My new lawyer recommended that I hire another lawyer to sue USCIS ‘MANDAMUS’.

**September2022 - I hire a lawyer to sue the uscis that cost me $5k and the amazing lawyer assured me that my case would be approved based on my evidences against my abuser.

**November 2022  - vawa approved.

**December14/2022 - RFE i693 

**January26/2023 - i485 APPROVED no interview

THANK YOU THANK YOU everyone finally my journey is completed so far 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I sent my I693 to USCIS on 01/17/2023 and they approved me today 01/26/2023 .

DONT GIVE UP, I hope everyone who is passing thru this long and stressful process can enjoy from this glory 🙏🙏🙏

2FBAF77F-21E4-487C-A057-67DB15808658.jpeg

Congratulations!

29 minutes ago, ax1990 said:

After more than 7 years, my 485 status changed to new card being produced. Went through 2 interviews with 3 interview cancellations, 3 RFEs, denial, MTR, 7-8 EADs.

My case history is way too long but here’s a summary of recent events: Case moved to nbc earlier this year, they issued RFE in August 2022 for BC. Then case moved to field office, medical RFE was issued in mid October. I didn’t receive the rfe notice, luckily my attorney received a copy in November. Responded in November, then waited 2.5 months for a decision.

After being traumatized in life for so long, it feels unreal, and I still keep thinking about what’s going to go wrong again. Fear has become my second nature. Missed out on the most important 5 years of my life. I can have some peace now and go see my parents, although I still feel stressed about international travel. I thank you all and this community for being there for each other, I’ve spent years reading your posts and comments.

Congratulations 🍾🎈🎊🎉 so happy for you! Live life to the fullest! Every day gone is lost forever! Everyone, please NEVER put your life on hold for anyone or anything! 🥂 🥳

3 hours ago, ax1990 said:

Big Congratulations! So so happy for you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, ax1990 said:

my 485 status changed to new card being produced.

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.