2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 12/25/2022 at 2:49 PM, sandranj said:

You should hire an attorney to file the  mandamus.It's very complicated the writ of mandamus.

Ok thank you so much @sandranj

1 hour ago, @GodsChild said:

Hello my attorney sent a request to the vawa hot line email address. Does anyone here have experience with it. My attorney sent them an email 12 days ago and still no response from them. Does anyone how long does it take them to reply back.

I’ve contacted them on it 7 months ago and they haven’t responded 

What happens when someone requests for an asylum while 485 based on vawa is still pending? 

if circumstances changed for someone and they have to apply for asylum for their safety? 

Hello all!

I'm wanting to ask a question about the I-693 medical exam. I took mine for the 3rd time last week (1st time was for I-130 in 2018, 2nd for I-360 in 2020, 3rd one for I-360 again since it's only valid for 2 years). Apart from the physical exam, the doctor was also asking me about mental health. I've been seeing both a therapist and a psychiatrist for medication on and off since I broke it off with my abusive husband. I guess my question is, would I be inadmissible since the doctor stated that I have PTSD and have history of self harm due to it? I do have an attorney representing me so I'm not sure if this is something I should tell them now... 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Wednesday means that it's time for our hilarious, highly effective Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

===============================================

THE LAST DINOSAUR BRUNCH

Three hungry dinosaurs stumbled across a magic lamp.  They rubbed it, and a dino-genie appeared.

"I have three wishes, so I'll give one to each of you," the genie announced.

The first dinosaur thought hard.

"All right," he said, "I'll have a big, juicy piece of meat."  Instantly, the biggest, juiciest piece of meat he'd ever seen appeared in front of him.

The second dinosaur, who wanted more, said, "I know!  I'll have a shower of meat!"  Immediately, huge pieces of meat rained down around him.

The third dinosaur, not to be outdone, thought even harder than the previous dinosaurs.

"I've got it!" he cried.  "I want a MEATIER shower!"

The rest is history. 
:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

7 hours ago, J2020 said:

What happens when someone requests for an asylum while 485 based on vawa is still pending? 

if circumstances changed for someone and they have to apply for asylum for their safety? 

The two cases just kinda run in parallel. If you get asylum first and technically nothing prevents you from adjusting via VAWA.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

1 hour ago, anonymousVAWApet said:

Is obtaining the EAD or AP conditional on getting a Prima Facie on the I-360?

No, that's only conditional on the I-485 being pending.

1 hour ago, anonymousVAWApet said:

What is the real world difference between paying the fees for the 485, 765, and 131 and filing the 912 fee waiver?

A) Identical processing time

B) Less than one month processing time difference

C) More than one month processing time difference

Well for starters you need to have a good cause for seeking the waiver, which generally means that you are broke. Also, if your I-485 ends up pending for more than 2 years you will have to pay for EAD/AP renewal(s) or get another I-912 fee waiver.

From the options you've provided, it should be less than a month for them to review your fee waiver.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Hello VJ family, 

I need help. My local office is awaiting for the i-601 waiver receipt notice for them to make a final decision on my green card. My lawyer sent the I-601 waiver package to Vermont office on November 7, the package got returned that it went to a wrong address and sent to Dallas Tx office on the 14 of December. Until now, my check hasn’t been cashed by USCIS yet for me to receive a receipt notice to send to my local office. Now in just a WEEK TIME my 60 days RFE extension will be up. What should I do?

1 hour ago, God is a good God said:

Hello VJ family, 

I need help. My local office is awaiting for the i-601 waiver receipt notice for them to make a final decision on my green card. My lawyer sent the I-601 waiver package to Vermont office on November 7, the package got returned that it went to a wrong address and sent to Dallas Tx office on the 14 of December. Until now, my check hasn’t been cashed by USCIS yet for me to receive a receipt notice to send to my local office. Now in just a WEEK TIME my 60 days RFE extension will be up. What should I do?

Why did he send it to Texas? It should have gone to Chicago, per these instructions.

Make 2 complete copies of the waiver , include the rejection notice from VSC , proof of mailing to Texas and send a short letter explaining attorney address errors .

Send the one with a new check to Chicago street address with FedEx ( see in link) and the other copy in response to RFE

https://www.uscis.gov/i-601-addresses

If your Form I-485 receipt number (located on the I-797C Notice of Action) begins with "MSC" or "IOE" or does not have a 3-letter code at the beginning of the receipt number, then mail to:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
Attn: AOS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680

49 minutes ago, Family said:

Why did he send it to Texas? It should have gone to Chicago, per these instructions.

Make 2 complete copies of the waiver , include the rejection notice from VSC , proof of mailing to Texas and send a short letter explaining attorney address errors .

Send the one with a new check to Chicago street address with FedEx ( see in link) and the other copy in response to RFE

https://www.uscis.gov/i-601-addresses

If your Form I-485 receipt number (located on the I-797C Notice of Action) begins with "MSC" or "IOE" or does not have a 3-letter code at the beginning of the receipt number, then mail to:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
Attn: AOS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680

She sent it to Texas because, Vermont stamped an address on top because my receipt number starts with SRC. So in this case , I make another check and copy of original i601 and send it to my local office with a letter explaining that we haven’t received a receipt number from Texas as per uscis vermont direction?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.