2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
53 minutes ago, anonymousVAWApet said:

Broadly speaking, file an I-360 or wait to collect all of the information?

For example, police clearances, completed psychological eval.

You should collect everything that you need before your file.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, J2020 said:

When I first submitted the application form for the 360 petition, I choose that I want to do Adjustment of status by filing 485 in the United States, but I didn’t end up filing 485, I changed my adjustment of status to consular processing through immigration visa. 

So I didn’t file 485, do they still send my approval to the NBC then the local office even if they didn’t receive the 485 form, or do Vermont keep the approval until 485 is filed then they send it to the NBC?

I just want to understand where my case is at now 

If you didn't file I-485 and you chose consular processing then your case will go to NVC not NBC, and you will have your interview in your Country.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, anonymousVAWApet said:

Broadly speaking, file an I-360 or wait to collect all of the information?

For example, police clearances, completed psychological eval.

Submit all forms, a police clearance, a psychological evaluation, your affidavit, your family and friend's affidavits, and documents showing a bonafide marriage and mailed all documents together.As a self-petitioner you will fole form I-360, not form I-130.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Today I got a call from my lawyer saying the USCIS sent a letter asking for my medical exam 🤩🙏🎉🎉🙏🤩

OMG can’t wait to hold the card 🥹🥹🥹

Time line 
**March 2018 - filed vawa and ask the USCIS to hold the I485.

**November 2022 - vawa approved.

PS: I hired another lawyer to filed a mandamus on September 2022.

My form I485 didn’t update on the USCIS website, it’s saying finger prints added on 11/04/22

How long after I sent the exam you guys think I can hear the approval notice ?🙏🙏🙏😭.

hope everyone can hear some good news very very soon, after a long journey I’m almost there FINALLY 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

2 hours ago, Sasacb said:

Today I got a call from my lawyer saying the USCIS sent a letter asking for my medical exam 🤩🙏🎉🎉🙏🤩

OMG can’t wait to hold the card 🥹🥹🥹

Time line 
**March 2018 - filed vawa and ask the USCIS to hold the I485.

**November 2022 - vawa approved.

PS: I hired another lawyer to filed a mandamus on September 2022.

My form I485 didn’t update on the USCIS website, it’s saying finger prints added on 11/04/22

How long after I sent the exam you guys think I can hear the approval notice ?🙏🙏🙏😭.

hope everyone can hear some good news very very soon, after a long journey I’m almost there FINALLY 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

mine took about two and half month, just FYI

and I am in NYC.

Congrats! You're almost at the finish line ❤️

Edited by vawa2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, tashay said:

she said everything is good

Believe your lawyer and Stillwinning!!! -- everything will be fine.  I posted a good joke that will probably help. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

i just got rfe for medical in atlanta after filing writ of mandamus i got rfe nove 6 2022 i was 2019 filier in december 

on oct 18 2022 fingerprint was taken or applied 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
40 minutes ago, vawa2020 said:

and I am in NYC.

did they ask for medical rfe sasaab or u sent with out asking?

5 hours ago, sandranj said:

If you didn't file I-485 and you chose consular processing then your case will go to NVC not NBC, and you will have your interview in your Country.

I know that, but the question that I’m trying to understand is, does my case stays in Vermont  till I file 485 for AOS or 824 for consular processing, or does Vermont automatically transfer it to the NBC right upon approving it since I mentioned on the i360 petition that I want to file 485? 

do they keep/retain the approved 360 in Vermont service center location until the petitioner files the form 485 then they take the action of shipping it to the NBC

or does Vermont ships it to the NBC regardless of submitting the 485 or not? Since the 360 application stated that I will file 485 in the future 

What I’m trying to understand is does Vermont office keep the approved petition UNTIL the next form is submitted or they send the approved petition to the NBC right away without waiting for 485 to be submitted?

Edited by J2020

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
3 hours ago, vawa2020 said:

and I am in NYC.

Hi.can you tell me how long after your VAWA approval did you get the RFE for medicals in NYC??

Hello VJ family, how much is to renew a EAD
i sent my i-601 waiver last month on November 7 as RFE so that uscis can make a final decision on my green card. But uscis hasn’t cashed the check I sent with my waiver application yet. I thought maybe I’ll get my green card faster but they’ll make a decision only if I send them a i601 receipt. I’m thinking of renewing my EAD because the current one expire in February 2023 and also I may not have have a green card by that time of February 2023

2 hours ago, J2020 said:

What I’m trying to understand is does Vermont office keep the approved petition UNTIL the next form is submitted or they send the approved petition to the NBC right away without waiting for 485 to be submitted?

You indicated you just want to know where your file is …if you filed w Vermont and approval was from Vermont and you never received notice that case was transferred, then it’s safe to assume it’s still w VSC
Plus shortly after approval you filed I-824 and that too is w Vermont.

The old 6 mo processing time was not “real” anyway and the change they implemented in the new calculation is probably more realistic as they tackle backlog and you know the challenges for everyone w consular delays. ..but don’t feel singled out, even a simple I-90 can take 2 years.

From what I know, a stand-alone I-360 just stays w VSC ..for those whose previously filed I-485 ( old one w the I-130) that was held in abeyance/ on hold then VSC would initiate transfer to another service center ( shared workload) and then to Field Office… 

The email you received recently Re DOS actually is encouraging and I think they are working on your file. 
Keep up your spirit 

44 minutes ago, Family said:

You indicated you just want to know where your file is …if you filed w Vermont and approval was from Vermont and you never received notice that case was transferred, then it’s safe to assume it’s still w VSC
Plus shortly after approval you filed I-824 and that too is w Vermont.

The old 6 mo processing time was not “real” anyway and the change they implemented in the new calculation is probably more realistic as they tackle backlog and you know the challenges for everyone w consular delays. ..but don’t feel singled out, even a simple I-90 can take 2 years.

From what I know, a stand-alone I-360 just stays w VSC ..for those whose previously filed I-485 ( old one w the I-130) that was held in abeyance/ on hold then VSC would initiate transfer to another service center ( shared workload) and then to Field Office… 

The email you received recently Re DOS actually is encouraging and I think they are working on your file. 
Keep up your spirit 

thank you for the response 🙏

Yeah I just wanna know if my case stayed in Vermont or it’s in the NBC since I never filed 485. 

Yeah the 6 month processing for 824 in Vermont is nonexistent. The processing time for 824 in Vermont is now 16 months. My 824 has been pending for almost 9 months now. Vermont responded to my congressman yesterday saying that my 824 is still awaiting to be assigned to an officer and it takes more than a year in average. 9 months and the request has not been assigned to an officer. Even tho it takes 2 months to be approved in California. 

im not worried about the scheduling of the appointment in the US embassy in the home country because they are fast where I live and  most of the people I asked got the Interview letter within one month of being documentarly qualified and the immigrant visa were approved within a month. even if it takes more, it’s a less painful experience than just waiting for Vermont to transfer a simple approval to the NVC

My biggest issue is being stuck for 16 months waiting for Vermont to transfer my approval to the NVC because 824 takes so long in Vermont, unlike CSC and the NBC. I’d rather wait 16 months at the NVC stage working on new steps than waiting this long for Vermont to just transfer my approved petition to the NVC

I can’t do anything about it now, but I just wanted to know if Vermont still has my file or it went somewhere else like National Records Center as other people were telling me. 

Edited by J2020

23 minutes ago, J2020 said:

I can’t do anything about it now, but I just wanted to know if Vermont still has my file or it went somewhere else like National Records Center as other people were telling me. 

I am certain your I-360  file is at VSC but even if it had been transferred ..it would make no difference because the I-824 for a VAWA is assigned to VSC so no use putting yourself through green eyed misery. ..

You know what they about a watched pot..bloody thing never boils. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.