2,974 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, ruchit12 said:

i have pending i 485 my vawa was approved may 6 2020 waiting in atlanta ga

i got update on october 18 2022 fingerprint was applied to case contacted senator but it’s says it’s in normal processing time any one els also waiting thant long?

coincidently i also got same date on status Oct 18 fingerprint was applied

what is your tracking saying about I 485? 

October 6, 2017 We received your case Form I-360,

June 4, 2021 Case Was Approved

September 2, 2021 We received your Form I-485

January 26, 2022 Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was transferred to another office for processing.

October 18, 2022 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

52 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

You will complete the I-864w.  

What evidence did you send with I-824 paperwork?  

I sent in 

Copy of both kids passport 

Copy of both kids birth certificate

Copy Vawa approval notice i797

Copy of i485 application form

Copy of i485 approval notice i797

Copy of green card ( both sides)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Sumar9909 said:

I sent in 

Copy of both kids passport 

Copy of both kids birth certificate

Copy Vawa approval notice i797

Copy of i485 application form

Copy of i485 approval notice i797

Copy of green card ( both sides)

OK  just check passport.  I ran into issue with passport expiring.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

NBC is not a field office, it is a clearing house before your file is sent to field office.  You are waiting in line when it is in Lee Summit.  Regardless of when you filed I-485 and asked it to be held, you start date is not until when NBC received your file from Vermont.  NBC will go through your file and check what you need and send you an RFE.  They will also send you the interview letter when they receive it from field office.  

Thanks. Would they take their sweet time to check before issuing RFE ? Any way to speed up this ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Need your prayers guys.

Prayers.

Fingers crossed.

Thinking hard about which jokes might prove luckiest if they're posted. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

2 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

OK  just check passport.  I ran into issue with passport expiring.

Do you know what document will be listed on the checklist? I know that the kids will need to take the passport and original birth certificate to the interview.

I'm trying to prepare myself so that I don't delay the process when I get the welcome letter. 

8 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Need your prayers guys. I finally sent my i-601 waiver . It took me almost 3 months to gather proofs for i-601.

As a reminder : I had 204c fraud on i130. Received NOID on i360 because of that 204c. Responded to NOID and i360 approved. Went for i485 interview last august and received a notice to submit i-601 waiver. Just sent the waiver and hopefully I get my green card.

I bring good tidings…I have a good feeling! Remember to give God thanks! 🙏 😊

I feel so down and depressed, I’ve waited so long for my 360 approval 2+ years and now stuck with the 824 for 8 months with no update. Processing time increased from 6 to 16 months since I first submitted. 

I’ve tried everything, expediting, contacting senator, contacting congressperson. I’m struggling to cope with this wait and I don’t know what to do anymore. 

i don’t understand why it’s taking forever to move this i824 and forward my approval to the NVC 💔

Timeline
18 hours ago, sam012019 said:

Thanks. Would they take their sweet time to check before issuing RFE ? Any way to speed up this ?

There is no expedite.  You have an approved visa and your EAD/AP.  They do not see a reason to expedite because you are impatient.  At least you know it is at NBC.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Sumar9909 said:

Do you know what document will be listed on the checklist? I know that the kids will need to take the passport and original birth certificate to the interview.

I'm trying to prepare myself so that I don't delay the process when I get the welcome letter. 

Don't worry about the checklist, you already have the documents sent in, you just need the I-864W.  You do not need to submit everything on the checklist.

How old are your children, as they will need a police cert and proof of non- marriage if they are 16 and older.

Also, you need permission from their father for them to leave.  If you cannot find him, you will have to write a detailed letter of how you made attempts to contact him.  Including calling, brother, sister, mother, grandmother, other relatives, and using whats app and social media to contact him and the same people, including his close friends.  This letter will have to be notarized.

1 minute ago, Pinkrlion said:

Don't worry about the checklist, you already have the documents sent in, you just need the I-864W.  You do not need to submit everything on the checklist.

How old are your children, as they will need a police cert and proof of non- marriage if they are 16 and older.

Also, you need permission from their father for them to leave.  If you cannot find him, you will have to write a detailed letter of how you made attempts to contact him.  Including calling, brother, sister, mother, grandmother, other relatives, and using whats app and social media to contact him and the same people, including his close friends.  This letter will have to be notarized.

The kids are ages 8 and 13. I've already told their dad about writing the consent letter. Thank you so much.  You've given me peace of mind. 

Is there anyone here with a pending case since 2017?

Mine is pending since 2017 and I've made multiple requests, sent letter,  my congressman contacted them and they said my casa is still under review and saying that they are backlogged due COVID but even before covid my case was already late..

Any suggestions? What else can I do?

Thank you 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.