Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

513 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Just now, MarmiteC said:

Hi All,

We're now getting close to 4 months into our process.  No AR 1 yet or anything (even though I know it means nothing!).  No response to the K3.  How's everyone else doing?

Hello!

Nothing from our process too.  

My husband came and he was with me for holidays. Today he come back to USA, and it was the saddest moment. I still crying, I feel so alone now. 

Hope everything gets better. 

3 minutes ago, Paula&David said:

Hello!

Nothing from our process too.  

My husband came and he was with me for holidays. Today he come back to USA, and it was the saddest moment. I still crying, I feel so alone now. 

Hope everything gets better. 

It's always the tough part.  I am grateful we get to see our spouses, but leaving is tough.  We have our trips planned out now until August.  Having the next visit booked is what helps me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mil123 said:

Hello! Waiting as patiently as possible haha. We haven’t filed the K3 visa, I’ve heard a lot of people have had luck with it speeding things up so we might have to give it a try. 

You have to file it now, or it won’t make a difference later down the line. It’s free! It helped us get the NOA2 in 5 months from Vermont SC, and I KNOW it was the K3 because AR2 only came 3 weeks after AR1. And indeed, our I-129F was received 3 weeks after our I-130.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

3 minutes ago, Mil123 said:

Hello! Waiting as patiently as possible haha. We haven’t filed the K3 visa, I’ve heard a lot of people have had luck with it speeding things up so we might have to give it a try. 

I'm not being fanastically patient!  And this week I've seen 3 approvals from August on various FB groups.  Only 1 seemed to have been expedited, but you never know the real facts of someone's case to compare.

Nothing on our K3 yet.  I also use the app 'Lawfully' and it tries to give some analysis.  Of the users of the app, there are currently 21 K3's filed in Texas in October.... some from August have recieved denials, ours was in October so we'll see.

It also shows there are 143 I-130's in Texas in Sept, of which only 23 have not had AR1 so hoping to see something, even if it means nothing, soon. 

6 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

You have to file it now, or it won’t make a difference later down the line. It’s free! It helped us get the NOA2 in 5 months from Vermont SC, and I KNOW it was the K3 because AR2 only came 3 weeks after AR1. And indeed, our I-129F was received 3 weeks after our I-130.

They don't seem to be working as they were.  I've seen some approvals from Vermont, but no speedy approvals from other service centers with K3 in the last couple of months.  

It's still worth a shot in any case.

9 minutes ago, MarmiteC said:

Hi All,

We're now getting close to 4 months into our process.  No AR 1 yet or anything (even though I know it means nothing!).  No response to the K3.  How's everyone else doing?

I don’t think the first AR means something but at least it’s kind of joy to see a little push. Ours was AR 4 days after the PD and it has stayed like that. Our estimated processing time moved to 7 months this morning.

On my profile where to change address, there was a caution message that “ you can not edit your physical or mailing address during this part of adjudication process” anyway many people said it doesn’t mean anything. Can you check yours to see if there is a caution like that?

i pray this thing end soon for us all.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, MarmiteC said:

They don't seem to be working as they were.  I've seen some approvals from Vermont, but no speedy approvals from other service centers with K3 in the last couple of months.  

It's still worth a shot in any case.

K3 works best with Vermont and Nebraska. 

2 hours ago, MarmiteC said:

I'm not being fanastically patient!  And this week I've seen 3 approvals from August on various FB groups.  Only 1 seemed to have been expedited, but you never know the real facts of someone's case to compare.

Nothing on our K3 yet.  I also use the app 'Lawfully' and it tries to give some analysis.  Of the users of the app, there are currently 21 K3's filed in Texas in October.... some from August have recieved denials, ours was in October so we'll see.

It also shows there are 143 I-130's in Texas in Sept, of which only 23 have not had AR1 so hoping to see something, even if it means nothing, soon. 

Has anyone seen this message on their uscis account although some people says it doesn’t mean anything. 

30ADFC78-44C8-4F04-976C-A9693AB3C6B9.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I was looking at the processing times on VisaJourney for NBC and about a month ago they were processing NOA1 dates from September 2022 and now it's jumped back and it says June 2022?! Is that just because people are inputting more data? I was so hopeful!

Also, I've tried to check via Emma if our case has been transferred (we haven't gotten any indication of that but just on the off chance) - what are the key phrases y'all have used to check with Emma? And is there another, easier way to check?

TIA everyone!

Timeline
15 hours ago, ms_gv said:

Also, I've tried to check via Emma if our case has been transferred (we haven't gotten any indication of that but just on the off chance) - what are the key phrases y'all have used to check with Emma? And is there another, easier way to check?

You say “live agent” at the beginning of the work day and they connect you to a real person. After that you ask them “What service center is processing our I-130?”. Finally, they ask you the receipt number and some questions to verify that you’re not some rando.

There is no easier way to check. I hate using Ask Emma too.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

3 minutes ago, bencdxb said:

Looks like processing times are getting worse, not better: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/historic-pt 

image.png.0affd391c0f1964b6d233cc7e747834e.png

Thanks for sharing.  Looks like they've focussed on work visas, citizenship and work permits as those reduced?

I have seen a few August 22 approvals in FB groups, only 1 was expedited.  I wonder if they're trying to show they're meeting 6 month cycle times in some cases? 

14 minutes ago, bencdxb said:

Looks like processing times are getting worse, not better: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/historic-pt 

image.png.0affd391c0f1964b6d233cc7e747834e.png

Government, getting worse? You don't say! 😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.