Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

523 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Peter and Tam said:

Mine was 3 months just when I check this morning and seeing your post I checked again and it says Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time. 

Mine was 7 months and I just checked it also says Your case is taking longer than expected to process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, E.R said:

Mine was 7 months and I just checked it also says Your case is taking longer than expected to process.

Mine was 6 months and now it says the same, "Your case is taking longer than expected to process."

Potomac SC. 

Edited by Paula&David

1 hour ago, Paula&David said:

Mine was 6 months and now it says the same, "Your case is taking longer than expected to process."

Potomac SC. 

image.png.7f3c8b89873c51be778dcc94c1c5688b.png

Same here. Annoying that it's not even giving an estimate now, even though we all know how reliable those estimates are. If this USCIS estimates page is right, 80% of us will get a decision by January 2024 (for Potomac, but assume the other SC's are similar), so at least a year for most of us outside the US to be able to move.

I'm in the UAE, so doing consular processing, and they're only doing interviews now for DQ in August 2022, so a summer 2024 move date is looking increasingly risky. Thinking I might have to temporarily move to the UK for the interview as interview scheduling there seems a matter of weeks rather than 10 months here.

Potomac SC

6 hours ago, bencdxb said:

image.png.7f3c8b89873c51be778dcc94c1c5688b.png

Same here. Annoying that it's not even giving an estimate now, even though we all know how reliable those estimates are. If this USCIS estimates page is right, 80% of us will get a decision by January 2024 (for Potomac, but assume the other SC's are similar), so at least a year for most of us outside the US to be able to move.

I'm in the UAE, so doing consular processing, and they're only doing interviews now for DQ in August 2022, so a summer 2024 move date is looking increasingly risky. Thinking I might have to temporarily move to the UK for the interview as interview scheduling there seems a matter of weeks rather than 10 months here.

Potomac SC

You wouldn't need to move to the UK?  Just travel in for the medical and the interview? Currently I think it's less than 3 months from DQ to interview at London

18 hours ago, MarmiteC said:

You wouldn't need to move to the UK?  Just travel in for the medical and the interview? Currently I think it's less than 3 months from DQ to interview at London

I'd probably need to stay in the UK for a month. The website says 10-15 working days to return passport after the interview so, assuming successful, would need to stay in the UK until I got my passport back. Also only recognise UK based doctors, so would need to do medical in the UK before the interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I also have the same status. Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time. 

Talked with an agent, she mentioned that the estimation time mentioned on your case file does not mean much, just check what the processing times tool is saying. So according to that it may take 13-15 months from the date of filing so hopefully around September, we will have some updates.

Timeline
14 hours ago, rachit said:

I also have the same status. Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time. 

Talked with an agent, she mentioned that the estimation time mentioned on your case file does not mean much, just check what the processing times tool is saying. So according to that it may take 13-15 months from the date of filing so hopefully around September, we will have some update

What was your estimated time before it shows that it is taking longer than expected to process.. Mine was 4month left before seeing it taking longer than expected

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Christabela said:

What was your estimated time before it shows that it is taking longer than expected to process.. Mine was 4month left before seeing it taking longer than expected

Yes it showed 4 months for us as well

27 minutes ago, rachit said:

Yes it showed 4 months for us as well

Same here, 4 months, and now the "taking longer to process" bs

Edited by lvjeremylv

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Christabela said:

I think the issue is with Potomac center

Other service centers also showed a difference, in the https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ there is a note talking about "USCIS service centers are now prioritizing the processing of Form I-130 preference petitions for which an the Department of State Visa Bulletin shows that an immigrant visa is available" so that could be why it changed but who knows. A friend today got approved after it changed last week, her pd is July also potomac

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.