sharpie11

Evidence for use of assets to supplement income in I-864

16 posts in this topic

I want to use my stock holdings and bank account value (savings + checking) to supplement my income in the I-864, I wanted to know

- Do we enter the value of the savings+checking account and stock value on the day we sign the form (Since stock values do change from day to day)?

- What kind of evidence do we need to include - 1) Bank statements downloaded from online banking for last 12 months , or a single bank statement from online banking that shows the account balances for the last 12 months ? 2) For stocks - Tax reporting statement from last year + Brokerage monthly statement downloaded for online for each month of this year ?

Will this be enough? Is any attestation required?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Current values per latest available statement, so the statements can be the evidence.  If the value is very comfortably over the needed amount, one statement is usually good.  You could show one 3, 6, 9, and 12 months back if you want.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 8/28/2022 at 5:45 PM, pushbrk said:

Current values per latest available statement, so the statements can be the evidence.  If the value is very comfortably over the needed amount, one statement is usually good.  You could show one 3, 6, 9, and 12 months back if you want.

Hi , I had a question on this. Since it has been 17 days since the last bank statement arrived (on August 15) and I have since then also had a salary deposit, can I just put the current value of my bank account, and include a printout of the current bank balance and transactions since the last statement + 12 months prior bank statements as evidence of the latest bank balance, or will it still be better to enter the amount mentioned in the statement from August 15 as my bank balance in part 7 item 1?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, sharpie11 said:

Hi , I had a question on this. Since it has been 17 days since the last bank statement arrived (on August 15) and I have since then also had a salary deposit, can I just put the current value of my bank account, and include a printout of the current bank balance and transactions since the last statement + 12 months prior bank statements as evidence of the latest bank balance, or will it still be better to enter the amount mentioned in the statement from August 15 as my bank balance in part 7 item 1?

I already answered that.  You're just asking in a different way.  A salary deposit is not going to make much difference in your total liquid assets.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I already answered that.  You're just asking in a different way.  A salary deposit is not going to make much difference in your total liquid assets.  

Hi, Quick question - my mother is the joint sponsor in my case. Her name only has a first name and last name but I just discovered that her pay stubs are showing a middle initial in addition to her first and last name because her employer erroneously included her maiden last name as middle name in her records way back when.  Her passport, employer letter, domicile proof (driver license, utility bill) all have the correct name (without the middle initial). Will I need to attach a letter explaining the discrepancy along with the pay stubs, or can I wait for if NVC has a question regarding it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, sharpie11 said:

Hi, Quick question - my mother is the joint sponsor in my case. Her name only has a first name and last name but I just discovered that her pay stubs are showing a middle initial in addition to her first and last name because her employer erroneously included her maiden last name as middle name in her records way back when.  Her passport, employer letter, domicile proof (driver license, utility bill) all have the correct name (without the middle initial). Will I need to attach a letter explaining the discrepancy along with the pay stubs, or can I wait for if NVC has a question regarding it?

As long as the ssn on her documents match this will be no issue 

On 9/3/2022 at 6:28 PM, pushbrk said:

Hi This may be a silly question but I was wondering who actually should log in to CEAC and upload /  submit the affidavit of support + financial documents of sponsor and DS260 civil documents? Is it the applicant for both  ?

9 minutes ago, sharpie11 said:

who actually should log in to CEAC and upload

Any of the following may login and upload documents to CEAC -- applicant, petitioner, or 3rd-party representative.  Does not matter whoever of the 3 uploads whichever documents.

On 8/28/2022 at 5:45 PM, pushbrk said:

Hi, I have obtained a letter from the bank addressed to the consulate that shows : 1) average balance for the last 12 months 2) current balance,  3) the date the account was opened with the bank. Should this be enough to submit with the I-864, or do I still need to submit statements?

Timeline
1 hour ago, sharpie11 said:

Hi, I have obtained a letter from the bank addressed to the consulate that shows : 1) average balance for the last 12 months 2) current balance,  3) the date the account was opened with the bank. Should this be enough to submit with the I-864, or do I still need to submit statements?

I would submit at least a current statement.  Bear in mind this is a judgment call.  Make it easy for them.  It's not about "have to".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

43 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

I would submit at least a current statement.  Bear in mind this is a judgment call.  Make it easy for them.  It's not about "have to".

got it, well, I will just submit all 12 months worth of statements and the letter -- I was having problems compressing so many files together but I have managed to do so. thanks!

Edited by sharpie11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.