11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a query regarding my I-131 application.  I applied for aos in December of 2021 and my I-765 was approved and issued in May of this year.  I had been hoping that I would be able to travel back to the UK via the I-131 but as of yet, 8.5 months of later, still nothing.  It's also just showing "Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent", not that it's being actively reviewed.  I have enquired via the online message system but just got the usual message about being within the expected timeline.  I should add that I came here via K1 visa.  Having checked on timelines on visajourney, it seems that others have been issued the card before 8.5 months. 

Should I contact someone to chase this up?  Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

Keith S

~~ Topic moved from AOS K1 Process to Progress Reports ~~

Unless you’re outside normal processing times, there’s nothing to be done but wait. Current processing times are 8.5 to 16 months.

My AP wasn’t looked at until 11 months after filing so 8.5 or under doesn’t apply to everyone 

Did you look at your EAD card?

Is it not a combo card and marked on the bottom that it can be used as Advanced Parole?

Or did you make the mistake of expediting your EAD?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Hi both, thanks for the replies.  This is just an EAD card unfortunately and not a combo, I double checked on the front.  I believe that because of COVID and the delays involved that they concentrated on the EADs and set the I-131s aside.  I suppose that I just have to wait, I mainly want to get back to see my brother due to his mental health issues. Although these issues are not probably severe enough to warrant my card to be expedited.

Thanks for your comments.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

My husband actually just had success expediting the I-131. He called in to USCIS just to inquire about its status, and the person he spoke with actually suggested they could submit an expedite request (without specific reason/evidence required). Just got approved today, a couple weeks later! Might be worth a try! 

Hi Lastrose,

Thanks for your comments, I assumed that it would take a medical emergency to expedite the I-131 but I will definitely call them and hopefully get as helpful a person as you seemed to get.  Fingers crossed.

Thank you again

Hi again, I can't seem to get through to an advisor, the automated service will only let me get a status update, any advice on how to get through to a real person?

Thanks

Edited by dundeehighlander

Thank you so much for that Lastrose, I will give that a go, thanks for the keywords.

• 2 weeks later...

I called last last week and got a very friendly representative who suggested that my message to USCIS detailing my brother's issues and asking for an expedited request was enough.  Unfortunately, unlike you Lastrose, I have just received an email from them adding for evidence.  My brother, for sure, wouldn't be willing for me to send medical records to them as one of his issues is paranoia.  Therefore, the door seems to have slammed shut.  The rep did suggest that I can call them back at the start of next month and they might be able to chase things.  

Thanks for your help though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.