Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,186 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

I would go with original. I wouldn’t risk it with a printout. Do you have a format that was provided to you?

There is a sample which was posted earlier on this blog:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/787842-montreal-embassy-eb-2-interview-wait-time-part-2/page/92/#comment-10851654

30 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

Thanks @TheMaverick...This is the format I got from them. Do you think still is acceptable?

FYI, I am not working for them at the moment because of the long wait. For sure I will join them again once I got the gc.

PRINT ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD

<DATE>

U.S. Department of State

National Visa Center 

RE:     Application for Lawful Permanent Residence on behalf of <FULL NAME>

Dear Sir/Madam:

With regard to the above-referenced matter, please accept this letter as confirmation that we would like to employ the Beneficiary as a Consultant (JOB TITLE). As such, the Beneficiary will perform the following job duties: 

• Add job responsibilities

For services rendered, the Beneficiary will be compensated at least XXX per year, plus our standard employee benefits package.

If you have any questions regarding this person’s employment with our company, please contact me at [INSERT TELEPHONE NUMBER].

Sincerely,

[INSERT NAME OF AUTHORIZED AGENT]

[INSERT JOB TITLE]

Edited by David San

2 hours ago, David San said:

Thanks @TheMaverick...This is the format I got from them. Do you think still is acceptable?

FYI, I am not working for them at the moment because of the long wait. For sure I will join them again once I got the gc.

PRINT ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD

<DATE>

U.S. Department of State

National Visa Center 

RE:     Application for Lawful Permanent Residence on behalf of <FULL NAME>

Dear Sir/Madam:

With regard to the above-referenced matter, please accept this letter as confirmation that we would like to employ the Beneficiary as a Consultant (JOB TITLE). As such, the Beneficiary will perform the following job duties: 

For services rendered, the Beneficiary will be compensated at least XXX per year, plus our standard employee benefits package.

If you have any questions regarding this person’s employment with our company, please contact me at [INSERT TELEPHONE NUMBER].

Sincerely,

[INSERT NAME OF AUTHORIZED AGENT]

[INSERT JOB TITLE]

My comments:

1) I feel it would be better to address it to the US consulate in Montreal rather than NVC

2) the subject line does not make sense to me. The visa officer needs an employment letter to adjudicate your application. It can just say employment letter for the post of xxx

3) after the word consultant (Job Title)would be good to add the statement on a full time basis

4) Ensure the salary is greater than or equal to that specified on the PERM and 140

5) after the word beneficiary (first time)ask them to add your full name

15 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

My comments:

1) I feel it would be better to address it to the US consulate in Montreal rather than NVC

2) the subject line does not make sense to me. The visa officer needs an employment letter to adjudicate your application. It can just say employment letter for the post of xxx

3) after the word consultant (Job Title)would be good to add the statement on a full time basis

4) Ensure the salary is greater than or equal to that specified on the PERM and 140

5) after the word beneficiary (first time)ask them to add your full name

Thanks @TheMaverick, good points.

Regarding your second point, I think the reason is that in front of "Application for Lawful Permanent Residence on behalf of " they put my name, my wife's name, and my children's names so basically they cannot use "Employment letter" as the subject for all of us.

🌟 Hey folks, if you care about EB2 visa backlog, we need your awesome support! 🌟

Let's team up and make some noise together! Can you take a sec to show your love by giving this tweet a like and a retweet? Every little bit helps spread the word! Let's show officials that this matters to us! 💖

On 2/17/2024 at 8:08 PM, David San said:

Because of the long wait, I am no longer working for the company that sponsored me and I am working for a Canadian company in Canada.

I got the employment letter. How do you guys think I need to answer the officer's question about employment? How do I need to present my case?

EB-2 or EB-2 NIW? You haven't filled in your timeline.

Does the job offer still stand or have they revoked it?

35 minutes ago, David San said:

EB2....job offer still stand

Then that's fine. You don't need to be currently working in the job for it to be valid. Most people don't start working for their sponsoring employer until they move to the US. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.