Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,174 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2023 at 12:35 PM, TheMaverick said:

Apart from police clearance and employment letter for EB applications none of the documents should require a date validity check. All that you submitted to NVC as a copy now needed to be presented in original. That is my opinion though. In my case my spouse and born were born outside canada and we do have original birth certificate and marriage certificates but there is no way for us to get a latest copy from the relevant authorities. We have no ties to that country and no one to help us getting them too. 

Thank you, I heard that some VO will require the birth certificate of the issue within one year, so I am a little worried

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Ava1 said:

We had our interview today and got approved. The whole process was smooth. It took around 1.5 hours including the wait time outside the consulate. The first officer asked us for the original documents and took the fingerprints. The second officer asked few questions related to research area, job profile, educational background and date of marriage. No additional documents were needed other than the ones mentioned on the Montreal consulate website. The status showed ‘issued’ in 5 minutes (I took my phone with me and kept it in their locker). 

We did not receive any IV fee payment instructions. When are we going to receive the instructions? Maybe together with our passports and sealed envelopes? Members- please help

Congratulations!  I bet you are feeling a sense of relief now that the long wait is finally over.   Hope you got to enjoy a bit of Montreal.

I assume the instructions come when they return the passport as I was hoping to pay for this straight away to avoid delay there too.  I will know tomorrow I guess.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Lkkclub123 said:

Apart from receiving the email from the clinic, how can we be sure that the consulate has received our medical report? Can I find it on their official website?

image.thumb.png.dcfd676c67a8b059c582d5c93ede648c.png

On CEAC, check the "Case Last Updated" - The date changed the day the clinic told me they had send the report to the consulate. https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV.  I only saw two date changes before our interview.  The second was about 4 days before the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, David San said:

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to apply for TN Visa while waiting for green card interview?

Thanks,

David

The challenge is the TN is a non-immigrant intent visa and by having your case pending, you've already demonstrated immigrant intent.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, David San said:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

David

I found interesting points here “you could technically get TN admission or extension while your green card petition is pending, but it’s not easy. First, you would need to establish that your current TN work objective is totally separate from your future intent to immigrate”

https://www.shihabimmigrationfirm.com/employment-based-immigration/nafta/tn-visa/tn-to-green-card/#:~:text=Therefore%2C you could technically get,your future intent to immigrate.https://www.shihabimmigrationfirm.com/employment-based-immigration/nafta/tn-visa/tn-to-green-card/#:~:text=Therefore%2C you could technically get,your future intent to immigrate.

Edited by LAB_BD

19 hours ago, David San said:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

David

Yes it is indeed possible and there are folks on this forum who applied and got it too. Remember TN is no different any B1/B2 visa. They are non immigrant visas and its your job to prove to the immigration officer that you have no intent. The fact that you are applying for consular processing itself is great proof that you will return to home country for interview. Carry enough proof of ties to home country and you should be good. Infact there is another forum on VJ where after interview people are in Administrative processing. These are the folks who attended the interview and have now shown clear intent to migrate. Even these folks have travelled to USA after being on AP and expressed intent to immigrate. So TN should be no different. Do your research and have your answers ready. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, Ava1 said:

We had our interview today and got approved. The whole process was smooth. It took around 1.5 hours including the wait time outside the consulate. The first officer asked us for the original documents and took the fingerprints. The second officer asked few questions related to research area, job profile, educational background and date of marriage. No additional documents were needed other than the ones mentioned on the Montreal consulate website. The status showed ‘issued’ in 5 minutes (I took my phone with me and kept it in their locker). 

We did not receive any IV fee payment instructions. When are we going to receive the instructions? Maybe together with our passports and sealed envelopes? Members- please help

@Ava1  Instructions were sent back with our passports.  Just paid the fees online, really easy.  They sent us envelopes to bring to the POE, I thought it was all digital now.

19 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

On CEAC, check the "Case Last Updated" - The date changed the day the clinic told me they had send the report to the consulate. https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV.  I only saw two date changes before our interview.  The second was about 4 days before the interview.

Thank you for the information, I haven't seen the date update yet, I'll go in later to see if there is an update

1 hour ago, 3LabMom said:

@Ava1  Instructions were sent back with our passports.  Just paid the fees online, really easy.  They sent us envelopes to bring to the POE, I thought it was all digital now.

Cool, looks like you got your passports. I guess, for EB category, we still get sealed envelopes to bring to POE. Probably its gone digital for some other categories.

23 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

I have seen the update, thank you very much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.