Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,174 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, ACC24 said:

As per the EB tracker spreadsheet people DQ'ed till Aug 2021 have received IL's. However, there are couple of them who did not received their IL's though their DQ date is either Aug 2021 or before and not sure of the reason behind it 

Thank you, if can add the type of work and whether you are working in an American company in Canada on the Google sheet, it will be able to better grasp the rules of NVC's interview letters

13 hours ago, Lkkclub123 said:

Thank you, if can add the type of work and whether you are working in an American company in Canada on the Google sheet, it will be able to better grasp the rules of NVC's interview letters

Yeah, I think that's an excellent idea. I am working in Canada.

Edited by KDEE

As of March 7, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in December 2022; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in September 2022; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2021.

4 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

As of March 7, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in December 2022; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in September 2022; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2021.

Still stay in January 2021?!

My god!

2 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

Hi there, where would you find this information? I believe I've come across this information somewhere on the embassy website before but I'm struggling to find the link again!

Dear VJ members, I am looking for advice. Last year I acquired Canadian citizenship and my previous passport became invalid. However, at the time of filling DS-260 I was not a Canadian citizen and used my old passport to fill out the forms. Now which passport information should I use to register for immigrant visa interview and the medicals?

The Montreal Consulate website mentions that - 'The information entered below must match the applicant’s passport and DS-260 Number application. Any discrepancy will result in delays in the return of the applicant’s documents.'

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ava1 said:

Dear VJ members, I am looking for advice. Last year I acquired Canadian citizenship and my previous passport became invalid. However, at the time of filling DS-260 I was not a Canadian citizen and used my old passport to fill out the forms. Now which passport information should I use to register for immigrant visa interview and the medicals?

The Montreal Consulate website mentions that - 'The information entered below must match the applicant’s passport and DS-260 Number application. Any discrepancy will result in delays in the return of the applicant’s documents.'

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Not entirely the same situation...my passport did not have 6 months left, so I renewed it.  I did register with my old passport information.  I spoke to the consulate about this and they advised me to send an e-mail to canada.visas@gdit-gss.com with a copy of my old passport and new passport to avoid any delays. 

Edited by 3LabMom

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 2/21/2023 at 10:01 PM, BGO said:

Hi Behnam,

I don't think you need to worry about rejection yet! I applied for a business visa back in July and got the 221g-blue slip, but I got cleared within three weeks and made my trip to the USA.  They mostly do this to buy times since the officer have not reviewed the document before the interview. My business visa got approved while I had an immigration case at Montreal (I did my business visa interview at Ottawa). You are Canadien citizen meaning they have access to your background through Canada since there is a background check for Canadian citizenship. Hopefully you hear back from them very soon!

Are you Iranian too? And do you also have citizenship of another country? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 hours ago, BGO said:

Yes. And I did not have a second citizenship at the time

Omg thanks! That gives me such relief! You have no idea how stressed I was reading all these stories from Iranians and how they been in AP for years and even the ones with dual citizenship. I have my K1 interview soon and I was already preparing for the worse. I am a citizen of the Netherlands by the way, but born in Iran. We left when I was like 2 years old. 

My husband had his passport renewed after being dqd  so he provided his new passport information while registering for courier. Even for medical, they took his new passport information. We checked with them if they need info from old passport as well as we have used old passport while submitting DS 260 form and they said No. 

1 hour ago, Niccie said:

Omg thanks! That gives me such relief! You have no idea how stressed I was reading all these stories from Iranians and how they been in AP for years and even the ones with dual citizenship. I have my K1 interview soon and I was already preparing for the worse. I am a citizen of the Netherlands by the way, but born in Iran. We left when I was like 2 years old. 

No worries. Good luck with your interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.