Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,203 posts in this topic

Hi Folks, In anticipation of IL, just pre prepping. I am wondering what proof of vaccination do we need to carry to the medical exam.

I don't have any vaccination card from my childhood, so got antibody titter test done, got some missing/faded away vaccinations done as well.

Is there any form that needs to be filled by my family doctor? Please advise.

Thanks

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, KDEE said:

Hi Folks, In anticipation of IL, just pre prepping. I am wondering what proof of vaccination do we need to carry to the medical exam.

I don't have any vaccination card from my childhood, so got antibody titter test done, got some missing/faded away vaccinations done as well.

Is there any form that needs to be filled by my family doctor? Please advise.

Thanks

Did you look it up on your doctor's website? I found this info where I will be going for my medical tests...
https://www.drgulzarcheema.com/index-3.html

~~

Timeline

@KDEE having just gone through this for my spouse, I found the most useful resource was from the official CDC site as Dr. Cheema's website was a little vague or not fully updated (no Hep B for adults).

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/civil-surgeons/vaccinations.html#anchor_1506449934815

Td/Tdap: I found the wording took some extra interpretation. But in layman's terms, you need at least 1 dose of full Tdap, then a recent booster within the last 10 years which is either Td or Tdap. My spouse had Tdap about 15 years ago, and so just needed a Td booster.

The MMR vaccine proof we provided was just a doctor's note, with the shot type, and date, on the doctor's letterhead. (This is the minimum amount of data is shot, date, and doctor information).

Most of the rest were thankfully in BC Health Gateway under Vaccine Records.

But then we went to a clinic for the flu vaccine, and Td booster which were needed, and provided the invoice from the clinic as proof.

Also, a shout-out to Dr. Cheema who was amazing and made the whole process a pleasure.

Edited by raisins
Adding more detail

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@raisins Thanks for your reply. My wife and I have taken 2 shots of Hep A vaccines several years ago. But, Hepatitis B vaccine is now required for adults as per CDC website? Did your spouse end up getting that shot?

Edited by agrisiva

~~

Timeline
3 minutes ago, agrisiva said:

@raisins Thanks for your reply. My wife and I have taken 2 shots of Hep A vaccines several years ago. But, Hepatitis B vaccine is now required for adults as per CDC website? Did your spouse end up getting that shot?

Thankfully it was already something my spouse had and was in the BC Health Gateway portal so we could show proof.

But it is now a requirement and was checked by Dr. Cheema's team to ensure it was done.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 12/12/2022 at 7:52 PM, JLVS22BR said:

No matter the consulate or embassy, it's notable the slow down on EB progress. I've been turning this forum upside down searching for info about interview letters for EBs on the last couple months and it seems to be a widespread problem. In my case, there are two factors that concerns me a little: my interview will take place at the Rio Consulate (Brazil), and before mid-setember the ILs were rolling out in no longer than two months from DQ. From that point and beyond, I didn't manage to find a single person that received its IL. Intriguingly, that's when the new fiscal year has begun, and that's pretty much the only thing that has changed since than. Just like some of you said I also thought that the holiday season was going to cause delays, but at this point I just don't know what to think anymore.

That's my impression also that EB is much slower than FB. Now I'm still waiting for the welcome letter from NVC, now it takes 2 months to even get a case created (i.e. Welcome Letter) at NVC, not to mention that sometimes approved EB cases at TSC might get significantly delayed (their cases are simply not sent to NVC for over 3 months). Fortunately, I'm not one of those (20 days for me), but it was the possibility that I could be one of these delayed cases that really was worrying. By the way, for EB cases, are you asked to send your documents by mail or upload electronically? 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, sophie22 said:

That's my impression also that EB is much slower than FB. Now I'm still waiting for the welcome letter from NVC, now it takes 2 months to even get a case created (i.e. Welcome Letter) at NVC, not to mention that sometimes approved EB cases at TSC might get significantly delayed (their cases are simply not sent to NVC for over 3 months). Fortunately, I'm not one of those (20 days for me), but it was the possibility that I could be one of these delayed cases that really was worrying. By the way, for EB cases, are you asked to send your documents by mail or upload electronically? 

Yep @sophie,  and I've read in different topics that "people heard" about embassies/consulates shifting their workforde do FB, since they were focused on EBs backlog right after the reopening.

About the EB cases stuck at TSC after approval, sadly I was one of them! It almost took more time to my case reach the NVC than to be approved at the USCIS - it only moved forward after the Ombudsman intervention after way over 150 days of waiting.

Regarding the way that documents must be submitted, as far as I'm concerned they have to be mailed when it's an EB case. The good part is that as strange as it seems they review it faster than when submitted electronically. Both times that I've sent documents (I got a checklist) it took them less than 2 weeks to review it. People that I was following by the time also experienced the same timeframe.

As I write this message, I'm happy to share with you that I received the IL on december 29th and the interview will take place on february 15th. It took 101 days after DQ to get the IL, and there are 49 days between the day that the IL arrived and the date in which the Interview will take place. So, basically, it's 150 days between getting DQ and the Interview.

7 hours ago, JLVS22BR said:

Yep @sophie,  and I've read in different topics that "people heard" about embassies/consulates shifting their workforde do FB, since they were focused on EBs backlog right after the reopening.

About the EB cases stuck at TSC after approval, sadly I was one of them! It almost took more time to my case reach the NVC than to be approved at the USCIS - it only moved forward after the Ombudsman intervention after way over 150 days of waiting.

Regarding the way that documents must be submitted, as far as I'm concerned they have to be mailed when it's an EB case. The good part is that as strange as it seems they review it faster than when submitted electronically. Both times that I've sent documents (I got a checklist) it took them less than 2 weeks to review it. People that I was following by the time also experienced the same timeframe.

As I write this message, I'm happy to share with you that I received the IL on december 29th and the interview will take place on february 15th. It took 101 days after DQ to get the IL, and there are 49 days between the day that the IL arrived and the date in which the Interview will take place. So, basically, it's 150 days between getting DQ and the Interview.

Do you mind putting your info in the tracker? 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=0

Good afternoon,

We received our IV last week. We are going to give our Canadian Citizenship Oath next week and we have to cut the PR cards. We are thinking of going to the USA boarders with Alberta tomorrow to enter the USA and come back to Calgary again in the same day. We are wondering if there would be any issue at the borders if we are planning to be back in Calgary in the same day? Any piece of advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

1 hour ago, era101 said:

Good afternoon,

We received our IV last week. We are going to give our Canadian Citizenship Oath next week and we have to cut the PR cards. We are thinking of going to the USA boarders with Alberta tomorrow to enter the USA and come back to Calgary again in the same day. We are wondering if there would be any issue at the borders if we are planning to be back in Calgary in the same day? Any piece of advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Do you have NEXUS? You can use that to travel in lieu of a PR Card. 

10 hours ago, JLVS22BR said:

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing if you are in healthcare profession?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.