Sarge2155

August 2022 - AOS Filers

213 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, noobjections said:

Well yeah, that’s one of the criteria to expedite. But you need to be a bit more specific when you’re talking to an agent on phone or through Emma.

In my experience what you say right then is the most important, and determines whether your expedite gets approved or not. 

Make sure you have some kind of proof, just in case they ask. Good luck! 

Hey, thank you very much :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Has anyone successfully applied for their driving license? Wondering what documents you provided? My I-94 has expired but would showing NOA1 for AOS be sufficient along with foreign passport, bank statement letter and social security letter?

I live in Connecticut if that helps!

Thank you to all :)

48 minutes ago, BreakTheDistance said:

Hey everyone,

Has anyone successfully applied for their driving license? Wondering what documents you provided? My I-94 has expired but would showing NOA1 for AOS be sufficient along with foreign passport, bank statement letter and social security letter?

I live in GA, and was just there yesterday. 

Check your specific states DMV requirements but what I took was: 

Social security card 

EAD 

My i485 notice of action 

2 pieces of mail for address verification

Passport 

Bank Statement for address verification 

hope this helps! 

10 minutes ago, noobjections said:

I live in GA, and was just there yesterday. 

Check your specific states DMV requirements but what I took was: 

Social security card 

EAD 

My i485 notice of action 

2 pieces of mail for address verification

Passport 

Bank Statement for address verification 

hope this helps! 

Hmm the problem is I don't have my EAD yet and was wondering if I could some how bypass bringing this in with the other documents you stated

3 minutes ago, BreakTheDistance said:

Hmm the problem is I don't have my EAD yet and was wondering if I could some how bypass bringing this in with the other documents you stated

Hmmm, that might be a problem. But go with your i485 NOA and other documents i mentioned and hopefully they accept it. 

the website is a little confusing! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, BreakTheDistance said:

Hey everyone,

Every state is different.  In WI we can't get until AOS is approved.  Here is what you need for Connecticut:  https://portal.ct.gov/dmv/licenses-permits-ids/get-a-drivers-license-ct?language=en_US

Hey guys, just got my EAD card but I believe it seems to be a combo? I’ve attached a pic of the card also :)

am I right into thinking I can book a ticket back to London for a week and still be allowed back into the USA? Has anyone ever known someone to have issues regarding re-entry with the combo card?

Thank you :)E2093509-78E7-446D-9BCA-438637384BDF.thumb.jpeg.8a718ebc728c876c5aec5a45c0e9a9e6.jpeg

1 hour ago, BreakTheDistance said:

Hey guys, just got my EAD card but I believe it seems to be a combo? I’ve attached a pic of the card also :)

am I right into thinking I can book a ticket back to London for a week and still be allowed back into the USA? Has anyone ever known someone to have issues regarding re-entry with the combo card?

Thank you :)E2093509-78E7-446D-9BCA-438637384BDF.thumb.jpeg.8a718ebc728c876c5aec5a45c0e9a9e6.jpeg

Congrats! Technically you’re ok to travel with AP but it’s still a risk, since it’s up to CBP to let you in at their discretion. 

if you haven’t gotten into any trouble or you haven’t illegally stayed you should be ok. 

18 hours ago, noobjections said:

Congrats! Technically you’re ok to travel with AP but it’s still a risk, since it’s up to CBP to let you in at their discretion. 

if you haven’t gotten into any trouble or you haven’t illegally stayed you should be ok. 

Hey thank you very much :)

Ive not gotten into any trouble but the only thing is we filed for my AOS roughly 2 weeks after my I-94 expired. Would they see that as a problem do you reckon?

Greetings to all waiting,

July 2022, AOS-filer here.

I came across this somewhat interesting link about decoding the IOE* case number.

https://www.reddit.com/r/USCIS/comments/yn60ig/decoding_ioe_case_numbers/

Our 3 case numbers (I-485, I-131, I-765) all start with IOE091*******.

I may cross-post this with the other AOS-filers months as it may at confirm the randomness of the AOS process.

On 11/6/2022 at 9:08 AM, EatBulaga said:

Greetings to all waiting,

July 2022, AOS-filer here.

I came across this somewhat interesting link about decoding the IOE* case number.

https://www.reddit.com/r/USCIS/comments/yn60ig/decoding_ioe_case_numbers/

Our 3 case numbers (I-485, I-131, I-765) all start with IOE091*******.

I may cross-post this with the other AOS-filers months as it may at confirm the randomness of the AOS process.

This site has some nice data graphics of the IOE* case numbers

https://hilites.today/uscis_cases/ioe-stats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Congrats to everyone who already received their EAD!

I filed on August 24, biometrics done on September 20. Hoping for the best, it seems a lot of IOE cases are being approved these days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, AlmightyS said:

Congrats to everyone who already received their EAD!

I filed on August 24, biometrics done on September 20. Hoping for the best, it seems a lot of IOE cases are being approved these days.

Hi AlmightyS

I also submitted my AOS package on Aug24th. Fingers crossed that the predictions above are correct and EAD is on its way soon! 

I submitted a expedite request, nobody reached out for 4 weeks then it got denied saying I didn't submitted evidence. The officer I spoke on the phone said the case is actively being processed and another expedite request would be a similar wait than regular processing in her opinion - not sure if it's true... she ended up making another expedite request in the end.

I have a job offer waiting for months now, just moved expected start date to February today 😢

AOS timeline

I-130 online: 08/12/2022

AOS package: 08/24/2022

RFE received: 09/09/2022

RFE response: 09/14/2022

Biometrics: 09/21/2022 - Seattle FO

I-765 approved: 01/19/2023

I-131 approved: 01/23/2023

Card printed: 01/24/2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.