2,958 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Maybe because you are at the 6 month milestone? It says on their website to not even reach out to them until at least 6 months. The March - May AP people are getting close to hearing back I think.

Do you mind adding yourself to:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit#gid=0. I find it useful to see where I am relative to everyone else. 

What happened with the WOM? It's appalling to see so many on the list who have filed WOMs.and have no relief. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, ShawnK said:

What happened with the WOM? It's appalling to see so many on the list who have filed WOMs.and have no relief. 

Motion to Dismiss. Basically the argument is I have not waited long enough for a WoM to be justifiable. Our lawyer felt we could fight it but given how Montreal stonewalls everyone, we're just not sure if it is worth it. Going into the WoM, it looked like it was helping others a lot, but it does seem they are pushing back quite a bit. In the end, the WoM didn't do anything for ~$5000, but at least we tried.

15 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Motion to Dismiss. Basically the argument is I have not waited long enough for a WoM to be justifiable. Our lawyer felt we could fight it but given how Montreal stonewalls everyone, we're just not sure if it is worth it. Going into the WoM, it looked like it was helping others a lot, but it does seem they are pushing back quite a bit. In the end, the WoM didn't do anything for ~$5000, but at least we tried.

Which district did you file from?

24 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

It appears from spreadsheet you filed exactly after 90 days. What should be the reasonable time to file WOM in case your lawyer talked about that given current situation when govt is fighting WOM in some districts?

MTL ask you to wait for 6 months before sending any inquiry. 

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nbc16 said:

Which district did you file from?

We filed out of Illinois since that is where my wife lives. We were told we are the first (perhaps for our lawyer) who went right to Motion to Dismiss (not even an extension) from outside of DC. We filed shortly after 90 days.

9 minutes ago, Darkknight574 said:

How long did you wait before submitting your WoM? How long is long enough for the Montreal office?

I don't think anyone knows. One of the landmark cases that the US Attorney's are using was a scenario where the WoM was denied after 1.5 years (I think).

My current thinking on the AP crises we are all in is that, for IR1/CR1 greencards, it takes around 180 - 300 days to be asked for a 2nd medical / return your passport. Looking at the tracker, that seems to be the case. My approach will be to monitor the tracker and if I don't clear our around the same time as my peers (you folks), we may consider filing another WoM. Based on the worstcase IR1/CR1 example in the current tracker, I am hoping to hear back before Janurary. But a huge chunk of us could hear back any day now.

Timeline

We sent an email 2 weeks ago didn't get any response, so sent another one 5 days ago. I'm on my 7th week, after sending back my passport with joint sponsor documents. Do not know what to do.

I changed my location to my friend's house. Don't know if they want to see the same address on my ID as well. 🤔🤔

Timeline
5 minutes ago, niloo said:

We sent an email 2 weeks ago didn't get any response, so sent another one 5 days ago. I'm on my 7th week, after sending back my passport with joint sponsor documents. Do not know what to do.

I changed my location to my friend's house. Don't know if they want to see the same address on my ID as well. 🤔🤔

Good news for you is it doesn't look like you have a DS-5535 so you will likely move a lot quicker than us who had to send in a bunch more information.

Hang tight.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Good news for you is it doesn't look like you have a DS-5535 so you will likely move a lot quicker than us who had to send in a bunch more information.

Hang tight.

I know it's a really hard situation, I hope this waiting ends soon for all of us. 

Timeline

Got a template reply after two months to my second email that i had send at 7 month completion. The 'Last Updated' date has not changed since mid June.

Looks like they are not touching DS5535 files as they may be given other priorities which is related to all the events happening in the world.

Fingers crossed, hoping things get better soon.

We also got template reply after one week to inquiry about receiving DS-5535 and resume. They included the interview date in the template reply. There is nothing in the reply about receiving documents or not. Will send next email in mid January 2024 to see if they have any updates. Looks like consulate look at the case as date was updated.

Edited by Leo The Great

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 10/9/2023 at 8:30 PM, Superluminal said:

This forum is only for Canada consular applications. All of us have to go through Montreal.

Just wanted to share that my lawsuit got dismissed too. They first asked for an extension, then they dismissed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
7 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

You mean the defendants motioned or that the judge ruled?

The defendants motioned, but the judge will rule. They have sent my lawyer a letter, he will let me know tomorrow.

IMG_8637.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.