2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
35 minutes ago, LYV said:

Hi @Maple Yang did you have a D5535 or were you just missing a document? 

No, we didn't have D5535 nor missing any documents. We were wrongly suspected of overstaying in the US, which we did not do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wondering if anyone has experience with this... I had gotten DS-5535, my case status on CEAC is still refused. My case number on CEAC has always been in BOLD RED. About a week ago was my last unsolicited case update. The same day as that last update, my case number changed from red to BLACK. The font is no longer bold, now matching the color and font of the case created and last updated dates.

Curious if this has happened to anyone else and if it could indicate progess?

21 minutes ago, P3P said:

Wondering if anyone has experience with this... I had gotten DS-5535, my case status on CEAC is still refused. My case number on CEAC has always been in BOLD RED. About a week ago was my last unsolicited case update. The same day as that last update, my case number changed from red to BLACK. The font is no longer bold, now matching the color and font of the case created and last updated dates.

Curious if this has happened to anyone else and if it could indicate progess?

CEAC had major system updates recently. 

Edited by throwitaway

Timeline
On 3/7/2023 at 11:41 PM, Delafere said:

I've been lurking here since this exact thing happened to us, Jan 11th interview. Exactly as you described it. I think some of them surely have to be random selection. We have two little kids and expecting a third. It's a nightmare. Hope you are one of the lucky ones and it's over sooner rather than later!

Have you heard back on your 221g ?

1 hour ago, Gha said:

@Fayisa since June no update.in month of June 3 times but after no any signal update 

you have any update 

thank you

Thanks for replying, hope you hear from them very soon.  I sent a follow up email to ask about my passport, I saw an update on Friday after I sent the email but nothing after that. 

On 8/28/2023 at 9:49 AM, Tikitch said:

Hey folks! 

I was asked to submit a second medical and send my passport, which the consulate received both on August 16th. First question, not to get ahead of myself, but I remember my lawyer telling me to pay the Immigration fee before crossing. I looked it up and it said that I should have received a packet at the interview, which I didn't. And I did go through AP (DS5535), so would I get this packet or handout when my visa is actually issued? Any info on how to handle this is greatly appreciated.

Second question, has anyone been asked to submit their passport and second medical but then got refused?? I shouldn't be thinking negatively but im so traumatized from the entire experience, id rather prepare myself mentally. Otherwise, any idea of timeline of when I can expect it to be issued after they receive all the documents? 

Again, thanks so much for the incredible community. I really don't know how I could have done this without you! 

Any updates on your case? Thanks! 

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

On 9/21/2023 at 5:08 PM, Fayisa said:

Hello everyone,it is me again so the consualte they didn't reply to my email about receiving my passport. How long it took from them to reply to your email and confirm that they received your passport. I am just so worry, I wish they could just say somthing. 

Update

I have received an email today saying "We acknowledge receipt of the additional documents you have provided. This case is currently pending review by a consular officer" 

hopefully i will hear something soon. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Looks like things are moving slowly right now. A bunch of us had updates from Aug - early Sep but its been pretty dry with only one update in the last couple of weeks. I believe we are due to hear back on out WoM by the end of the week / early next week.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.