2,958 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2023 at 9:13 PM, EveK said:

Hello, Im new in this group. I had my visa interview today in Montreal today for IR1 and put me on administrative prossessing under 221(g),  gave me a white slip and asked me to complete DS 5535 form through a office.com link. The interview went very well and I was shocked to see the outcome. I have three kids all under 5 with my US citizen husband and totally disheartened with their decision. Can anyone tell me how long is the processing? I will be filling out the form and send it tomorrow. 

Mine was 9 months to complete from 221g to visa issued.

On 8/28/2023 at 8:49 AM, Tikitch said:

Hey folks! 

I was asked to submit a second medical and send my passport, which the consulate received both on August 16th. First question, not to get ahead of myself, but I remember my lawyer telling me to pay the Immigration fee before crossing. I looked it up and it said that I should have received a packet at the interview, which I didn't. And I did go through AP (DS5535), so would I get this packet or handout when my visa is actually issued? Any info on how to handle this is greatly appreciated.

Second question, has anyone been asked to submit their passport and second medical but then got refused?? I shouldn't be thinking negatively but im so traumatized from the entire experience, id rather prepare myself mentally. Otherwise, any idea of timeline of when I can expect it to be issued after they receive all the documents? 

Again, thanks so much for the incredible community. I really don't know how I could have done this without you! 

@Tikitch Congrats!! From sending in my passport and 2nd medical, it was like 6 weeks until CEAC changed to issued. Got passport back in 2 days.  You'll get a leaflet with the info regarding paying the $220 fee, and the "A" number is called "registration number" on your visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How long does it usually take if I ask for my passport back? And does anyone know if asking for your passport will delay the process even more? My interview was on July 21st 2023. They asked me to fill out a ds5535 as well as send them a missing document along with my passport which was sent a few days later. Thank you all for your help

11 hours ago, Nadzz said:

How long does it usually take if I ask for my passport back? And does anyone know if asking for your passport will delay the process even more? My interview was on July 21st 2023. They asked me to fill out a ds5535 as well as send them a missing document along with my passport which was sent a few days later. Thank you all for your help

It doesn't affect the process at all, so request it back ASAP. It really depends I got mine after 4-5 days of requesting it.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tikitch said:

It doesn't affect the process at all, so request it back ASAP. It really depends I got mine after 4-5 days of requesting it.

Thank you, I will right away. Do you think if I travel with the passport they would ask me to fill out another ds5535 or anything like that? Sorry I’m just super paranoid lol

2 hours ago, Nadzz said:

Thank you, I will right away. Do you think if I travel with the passport they would ask me to fill out another ds5535 or anything like that? Sorry I’m just super paranoid lol

No they won't but when I went to the US, I let them know that I have a green card application and if they ask about where you are in the process, I was always open and honest about being in AP. 

Timeline
On 8/31/2023 at 1:06 PM, Tikitch said:

No they won't but when I went to the US, I let them know that I have a green card application and if they ask about where you are in the process, I was always open and honest about being in AP. 

Hey, I just wanted to double check. Is it by email to request for the passport back? I was seeing something about a form but it might be an older thing. I sent an email but just waiting to hear back from them. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, Nadzz said:

Hey, I just wanted to double check. Is it by email to request for the passport back? I was seeing something about a form but it might be an older thing. I sent an email but just waiting to hear back from them. 

Yes, it's by email request.  Hopefully you'll hear back from them soon.

Hi 

I just want to ask any one get any emails from Montreal embassy regarding new medical or any other update 

since June no update .I had my interview last year in October 

Thank you in advance 

9 minutes ago, Gha said:

Hi 

I just want to ask any one get any emails from Montreal embassy regarding new medical or any other update 

since June no update .I had my interview last year in October 

Thank you in advance 

The fact that you’re on your 11th month is insane and so unjust. Did you email them recently? Are you thinking of filing for a WOM ?

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My interview was on July 27th. I have gone through AP; however, the process was rather quick. On August 18th, Consulate requested us to submit my passport and I sent in our passport on August 23rd. As of now, my status still shows REFUSED. Typically how long does it take for them to send my passport back? Any similar experience?

Edited by Max Yang

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/28/2023 at 7:49 AM, Tikitch said:

Hey folks! 

I was asked to submit a second medical and send my passport, which the consulate received both on August 16th. First question, not to get ahead of myself, but I remember my lawyer telling me to pay the Immigration fee before crossing. I looked it up and it said that I should have received a packet at the interview, which I didn't. And I did go through AP (DS5535), so would I get this packet or handout when my visa is actually issued? Any info on how to handle this is greatly appreciated.

Second question, has anyone been asked to submit their passport and second medical but then got refused?? I shouldn't be thinking negatively but im so traumatized from the entire experience, id rather prepare myself mentally. Otherwise, any idea of timeline of when I can expect it to be issued after they receive all the documents? 

Again, thanks so much for the incredible community. I really don't know how I could have done this without you! 

Did you get your passport back yet? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.