2,958 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Nbc16 said:

Goldstein charges like 5500$ he seemed pretty good but that’s alot of money especially if others are charging a 1000 less

I highly highly recommend going for PIC, they’re amazing and you actually have direct communication with the lawyer.

I have no regret, 

they charge $4500 for legal fees + admin fee and complaint fee = $5000. My lawyer recommended to wait 90 days to avoid risk of dismissal. I notice other just rush to 60 days. 

My take is to go for PIC, he even gives you his work WhatsApp number where you can get a reply 24 hours or sometimes same day.

My lawyer is Chris and he’s amazing at his work and genuinely cares compare to others 

1 minute ago, Pearljamm said:

I highly highly recommend going for PIC, they’re amazing and you actually have direct communication with the lawyer.

I have no regret, 

they charge $4500 for legal fees + admin fee and complaint fee = $5000. My lawyer recommended to wait 90 days to avoid risk of dismissal. I notice other just rush to 60 days. 

My take is to go for PIC, he even gives you his work WhatsApp number where you can get a reply 24 hours or sometimes same day.

My lawyer is Chris and he’s amazing at his work and genuinely cares compare to others 

That sounds amazing i will definitely reach out to them! Goldstein gave us his personal phone number to contact him but like you said he told us to reach out at 60 days, but i do not wanna risk a dismissal… I’m only hearing great things about PIC

Hi all - 

I had my interview (CR1) in Montreal and was provided a 221g form with a link to submit the DS5535 directly on the sheet. One thing that seemed different from the other posts in this thread, is that there was a link with the DS5535 form to fill out directly on the form. Is this a new process the Montreal Consulate is following, as opposed to sending an email with the questionnaire attached to that? Please let me know if anyone else has a similar experience.

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Toronto28 said:

Hi all - 

I had my interview (CR1) in Montreal and was provided a 221g form with a link to submit the DS5535 directly on the sheet. One thing that seemed different from the other posts in this thread, is that there was a link with the DS5535 form to fill out directly on the form. Is this a new process the Montreal Consulate is following, as opposed to sending an email with the questionnaire attached to that? Please let me know if anyone else has a similar experience.

Thanks,

That’s totally new. Is it a webform? Maybe this is a part of their push to streamline the process.

Edited by throwitaway

12 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

That’s totally new. Is it a webform? Maybe this is a part of their push to streamline the process.

Yes - it's a webform in the format of forms.office.com/... . So looks like the form answers will be sent to Montreal consulate and then from there Montreal will distribute to appropriate authorities.

Hopefully this is a good sign in terms of streamlining the process!

On 6/13/2023 at 1:37 PM, throwitaway said:

They don’t care. 

The only way they move is if a DOS attorney defending them in court (after a lawsuit has been filed) contacts them personally to see what can be done. 

In some stats half of all applicants at MTL go into extreme vetting, similar to places like Baghdad, which is absolutely insane. The US already has access to information about Canadians. 

What are the different degrees of vetting? Simple vs Extreme? How many days have to pass before it qualifies as extreme vetting? Thanks! 

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

2 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

When DS-5535 is used, it’s extreme vetting, based on the scope and extent of information requested. 

Many of the questions in DS-5535 (15 year history) were already asked in the DS-260 form (5 year history) right? 

Just now, throwitaway said:

Correct

Any idea why some applicants wait a short while (<3 months) while others wait almost 1 year despite both receiving DS-5535? 

Anyone receive DS-5535 despite not having any relations to MENA countries/heritage?

4 minutes ago, SGtoMurica said:

Any idea why some applicants wait a short while (<3 months) while others wait almost 1 year despite both receiving DS-5535? 

Anyone receive DS-5535 despite not having any relations to MENA countries/heritage?

- I haven’t seen < 3 months at MTL. 

- Many, including myself. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.