2,958 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

Check out this info for 221g for DV 2022, it should have the same patterns as other IV at Montreal except in this case there is a maximum (DV cannot be issued past Sept 30 of the relevant fiscal year).

221(g) Statistics for Diversity Visa Applicants.pdf 951.19 kB · 1 download

For context you can compare MTL to MENA embassies 🫠

221g stats UAE.pdf 221g stats Riyadh.pdf

I got a response back from Montreal Consulate after letting them know my intention to file writ of Mandamus 

"Good Morning, Thank you for this follow-up. Your case has been updated to note this.

We are constantly working to find mechanisms to improve our screening processes and to support legitimate travel and immigration to the United States while protecting U.S. citizens. The duration of administrative processing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case. The Department of State is continuously working to refine our visa application, assessment, and security screening procedures. We continue to aim to reduce the time required for certain types of administrative processing. As soon as we are able to do so, the Visa Unit will advise you of the next steps to complete processing the case.

We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Regards,"

At least it's different than the usual generic email 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, throwitaway said:

You still don’t have your DS-5535??

No!!!! It doesn’t make sense. It has been 60 days since my interview and I have not received anything from the consulate. I asked multiple times and still, generic responses. This makes me wonder whether or not they actually touched my application at all. 

the new form indicates that 6 months is the processing time, nothing about the 60 days that was previously mentioned on their website. 

All status updates correlates with the date of generic email responses. 

I know many ppl inquired about WOM here and it really does frustrates me that it’s needed to get things going. Also makes me wonder will this delay timing for those who doesn’t file for WOM, since the WOM has totally become a “premium processing” equivalent for AP, only there’s no guarantee a decision within 15 days and if u have 5k to spare.

Just a thought. I’m frustrated. 

21 minutes ago, APRIL2023 said:

No!!!! It doesn’t make sense. It has been 60 days since my interview and I have not received anything from the consulate. I asked multiple times and still, generic responses. This makes me wonder whether or not they actually touched my application at all. 

the new form indicates that 6 months is the processing time, nothing about the 60 days that was previously mentioned on their website. 

I know many ppl inquired about WOM here and it really does frustrates me that it’s needed to get things going. Also makes me wonder will this delay timing for those who doesn’t file for WOM, since the WOM has totally become a “premium processing” equivalent for AP, only there’s no guarantee a decision within 15 days and if u have 5k to spare.

OMG! this is soooo frustrating! I am so sorry you have to go through this :(

Can you just email them the DS5535? this is ridiculous to be honest.. 

2 hours ago, APRIL2023 said:

Did you get an email from the Consulate requesting for information similar to DS-5535?

I didn't receive a DS-5535 form to complete either. However, I did get an email from the Consular Officer asking about my siblings, children, past passport numbers, phone numbers, and email addresses (no mention of social media handles)

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

5 hours ago, throwitaway said:

Check out this info for 221g for DV 2022, it should have the same patterns as other IV at Montreal except in this case there is a maximum (DV cannot be issued past Sept 30 of the relevant fiscal year).

221(g) Statistics for Diversity Visa Applicants.pdf 951.19 kB · 9 downloads

Can you share where were you able to download this information? Thanks! 

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Anyone have a timeline on how long it takes to get your passport back from consulate?

we filed a WOM and finally got the email asking for my husbands passport (he sent it in immediately) but his medical expires in a few days and we’re worried it’s going to really delay things. Do you guys think it’s likely they will request a new one?

“Any further processing of this immigrant visa case has been suspended until we receive the requested passport. Once submitted, the file will be reviewed, and the consular officer will provide further information on the status of the case.” - the wording in the email.

thanks!

10 minutes ago, justanamericangrl said:

Anyone have a timeline on how long it takes to get your passport back from consulate?

we filed a WOM and finally got the email asking for my husbands passport (he sent it in immediately) but his medical expires in a few days and we’re worried it’s going to really delay things. Do you guys think it’s likely they will request a new one?

“Any further processing of this immigrant visa case has been suspended until we receive the requested passport. Once submitted, the file will be reviewed, and the consular officer will provide further information on the status of the case.” - the wording in the email.

thanks!

Sending documents to the embassy goes through third party security sorting, and it can take a few weeks for it to finally land on a CO’s desk

If your CEAC status doesn’t change to Issued by the date your medical expires, you will be requested to get another one, as the medical expiry is the same as the validity of the visa (6 months from medical).

2 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

Sending documents to the embassy goes through third party security sorting, and it can take a few weeks for it to finally land on a CO’s desk

If your CEAC status doesn’t change to Issued by the date your medical expires, you will be requested to get another one, as the medical expiry is the same as the validity of the visa (6 months from medical).

Damn. Think we’re screwed there then. Thanks for responding though!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, SGtoMurica said:

Did you get an email from the Consulate requesting for information similar to DS-5535?

I didn't receive a DS-5535 form to complete either. However, I did get an email from the Consular Officer asking about my siblings, children, past passport numbers, phone numbers, and email addresses (no mention of social media handles)

No emails either. 
i did proactively send them all my DS-5535 info via email three weeks into waiting. At 55 days, I emailed to request confirmation of receipt. I only got a generic response so my question wasn’t answer. 😩

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.