2,958 posts in this topic

@PanFriedTofu and @ak47

I'm in the same boat...

I sent in the DS-5535 information (specifically as a txt file like they asked for) but I don't understand what does "Passports" mean. VO mentioned that they will ask for it "if you are approved"...

Interviewed on Mar 27 and VO was super nice. I got the email next day and submitted my information 2 days later. CEAC still says refused but the update date changed after I sent in my email. So it seems like all activity with the consulate is logged (which is good).

The Great Wait 2.0 begins now...

Edited by can_do

53 minutes ago, can_do said:

@PanFriedTofu and @ak47

I'm in the same boat...

I sent in the DS-5535 information (specifically as a txt file like they asked for) but I don't understand what does "Passports" mean. VO mentioned that they will ask for it "if you are approved"...

Interviewed on Mar 27 and VO was super nice. I got the email next day and submitted my information 2 days later. CEAC still says refused but the update date changed after I sent in my email. So it seems like all activity with the consulate is logged (which is good).

The Great Wait 2.0 begins now...

Whoa, they want it as a .txt file now? Interesting. 

The 221g slip is just what’s outstanding. So supplemental questions (DS 5535), then once that’s cleared on their end they’ll ask for your passport to be sent back to them, so they can print the visa, hence “passport.”

11 hours ago, ak47 said:

Is anybody in a situation were they mentioned Supplemental questions with passport in 221g  to be submitted ?

That’s just the refusal worksheet. The DS 5535 is the supplemental questions, and passport is your passport, all things they will need to issue your visa. 

On 3/30/2023 at 4:18 PM, farzady said:

I am self petitioner. Do you know what's the rule for my case?

DC

47 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

Whoa, they want it as a .txt file now? Interesting. 

The 221g slip is just what’s outstanding. So supplemental questions (DS 5535), then once that’s cleared on their end they’ll ask for your passport to be sent back to them, so they can print the visa, hence “passport.”

I hope your words come true quickly!

Yes, a .txt file. In fact the VO said I could add my responses directly within the email as an alternative. I haven't worked with .txt files in ages so formatting was a pain.

221g slip was issued with the following:

- DS-5535 for primary applicant

- passports for each applicant

Funny that nothing was asked of my spouse who was actually refused a visit visa just 4 yrs ago.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, can_do said:

I hope your words come true quickly!

Yes, a .txt file. In fact the VO said I could add my responses directly within the email as an alternative. I haven't worked with .txt files in ages so formatting was a pain.

221g slip was issued with the following:

- DS-5535 for primary applicant

- passports for each applicant

Funny that nothing was asked of my spouse who was actually refused a visit visa just 4 yrs ago.

I think you need to send your passports too as it was mentioned in 221g.

1 hour ago, can_do said:

And that, exactly, is the confusion...

because, VO said this: "We'll ask for your passports if you are approved"

I'll give it some time and then send them an email requesting clarity.

Definitely do not send your passport until you are asked for it. Buckle in, DS-5535 takes a while. 

Timeline
On 3/26/2023 at 2:01 PM, Irish89 said:

Hey. We had our initial consult with Chris and we we're happy how it went. We will most likely move forward with him. Very personable.

Hi,

But your interview was on March 6, so the usual wait time is 60 days before filing WOM.  Have to sent the DS5535 info ?

Timeline
39 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

Definitely do not send your passport until you are asked for it. Buckle in, DS-5535 takes a while. 

Hi..What would be the negative if the passport is sent ? as it is clearly mentioned in the 221g to send the passport with other documents.

Also i see @Selfmade has also sent his passport with the 221g document request.

I am just trying to make sense of things.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Selfmade said:

During my interview the officer told me to send in my passport together with the correct RCMP criminal report that was missing for my visa to be issued since it was the only missing document.

Throwitaway ,

where is it mentioned that I shouldn’t send in my passport till am asked to?

Am confused.

thanks 

Hi @Selfmade

The reason i mentioned is because we were in the same situation where the CO said that she cannot keep passport but would require it with the rest of the documents.

Hoping it is for all the right reasons.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Selfmade said:

During my interview the officer told me to send in my passport together with the correct RCMP criminal report that was missing for my visa to be issued since it was the only missing document.

Throwitaway ,

where is it mentioned that I shouldn’t send in my passport till am asked to?

Am confused.

thanks 

Don’t confuse your situation with that of others. You’re in 221g for an incorrect PCC. The other poster is in 221g for extreme vetting. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.