2,958 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2023 at 11:13 AM, kate777 said:

Yay it was issued today!! Can't really wrap my head around it. It's been almost 2 1/2 yrs since we first submitted the I129F

Our timeline was-

fiance’s interview 5/4/22
DS-5535 emailed to him 5/5
I contacted my congressman and senator in Aug, not sure if that did anything
submitted WOM paperwork to Hacking Law 9/14 (not sure the exact date they filed but shortly after that)
first lawsuit deadline was 12/17, no case updates during that time so Hacking refiled the case in my home state (they had originally filed in Washington DC)
request for new medical and updated passport pics 1/6/23
extension for lawsuit was requested at the end of Jan and granted until 4/7
CEAC status changed to Application Received 3/7
Approved 3/8
Issued 3/10

Hey, congrats!! We’re almost there too, they requested the medical. I’m curious, it seems they want them delivered via courier, and not electronically. Do you remember if you sent your medical via courier or did the physician send them for you electronically? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, F3MTL said:

Hey, congrats!! We’re almost there too, they requested the medical. I’m curious, it seems they want them delivered via courier, and not electronically. Do you remember if you sent your medical via courier or did the physician send them for you electronically? 

Congrats! There's a light at the end of the tunnel!!

The physician sent them electronically. We also had to send passport pics so those were sent by courier, but the medical was handled same as the first time. Maybe that's generic language they use in the email, about logging into the system for instructions on how to send requested docs?

6 hours ago, oclus said:

Has someone experienced sending a document to the Consulate without their request? In my case they have not yet requested a new RCMP certificate because it is expiring in 2 days, but since my case is still in process should I be sending it myself? Or is it overreacting? Please guide 🥺

I don’t think you’re overreacting, it’s quite reasonable for you to worry about another thing possibly delaying what’s already been an incredibly long wait.  

It’s always better to use the ais system when sending stuff in, things can get lost in the shuffle otherwise. Also, everything goes to a pre-screening site first, so it can take a while for documents to land on a CO’s desk; it’s not unusual for people to wait 6-8 weeks after document submission. 

Edited by throwitaway

2 hours ago, kate777 said:

Congrats! There's a light at the end of the tunnel!!

The physician sent them electronically. We also had to send passport pics so those were sent by courier, but the medical was handled same as the first time. Maybe that's generic language they use in the email, about logging into the system for instructions on how to send requested docs?

Oh yes you might be right! Called the local physician and they confirmed they are all sent electronically now. 

Interesting that they didn’t ask for new photos. I wonder if they’ll use the originals? They’re more than 6 months old. I guess we’ll find out

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, oclus said:

@kate777 hi just curious how long did it take between the documents submission and the visa issuance? Did you have updates in between? Ours got sent on 18th Jan 2023 and since then few updates but it still says ‘Refused’ btw we are K1 visa too

That sucks I’m sorry, that’s longer than us and I thought we had to wait a long time! His medical was submitted 1/30, and he mailed his pics on 2/1 so they got there in the next day or two. We then had case updates on 2/7 and 2/23, before it said application received on 3/7.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone, 

Meant to send this update awhile ago... I received my approved US visa back from the Montreal Consulate on January 31st!  My initial interview was July 13 2022 with a DS 260 issued on July 14 2022.

We had filed a WOM with Hacking Immigration Law in late October 2022.  The consulate filed for a 30 day extension on Dec 27 and almost immediately I began to see movement on the CEAC page (case updates).  Second medical and new passport photos were requested on January 9.  My visa status changed to "issued" on January 30 and then unbelievably, I had the passport in hand with visa the next day on January 31st.  

I hope this is enoucraging for those still stuck in the dreadfully long and frustrating limbo.  I did go the WOM route and had a great experience with Hacking Immigration Law.  I've seen a lot of complaints that it's hard to talk to an actual lawyer after the initial filing, which is true, but true because it's mostly unnecessary.  The paralegal that handled the case was responsive, clear, and helpful throughout each step of the lawsuit process.  My advice to those considering a WOM would be to get all of the questions out in the free consulation phone call with a lawyer because otherwise, you will only be in contact with a paralegal.  

Keep your heads up and I hope everyone here gets clear soon!

Hi Everyone. Looking into law firms to hire for our WOM. Hoping some good samaritans might share some recommendations or experiences they may have had with different firms. Right now either PIC or Josh Goldstein are our top picks but interested to hear alternative experiences with Hacking law, Nimmer ect. Thanks in advance for any shared experiences.

2 hours ago, likethefox said:

Hey everyone, 

Meant to send this update awhile ago... I received my approved US visa back from the Montreal Consulate on January 31st!  My initial interview was July 13 2022 with a DS 260 issued on July 14 2022.

We had filed a WOM with Hacking Immigration Law in late October 2022.  The consulate filed for a 30 day extension on Dec 27 and almost immediately I began to see movement on the CEAC page (case updates).  Second medical and new passport photos were requested on January 9.  My visa status changed to "issued" on January 30 and then unbelievably, I had the passport in hand with visa the next day on January 31st.  

I hope this is enoucraging for those still stuck in the dreadfully long and frustrating limbo.  I did go the WOM route and had a great experience with Hacking Immigration Law.  I've seen a lot of complaints that it's hard to talk to an actual lawyer after the initial filing, which is true, but true because it's mostly unnecessary.  The paralegal that handled the case was responsive, clear, and helpful throughout each step of the lawsuit process.  My advice to those considering a WOM would be to get all of the questions out in the free consulation phone call with a lawyer because otherwise, you will only be in contact with a paralegal.  

Keep your heads up and I hope everyone here gets clear soon!

Congratulation!! That gives us some hope with your relatively quick turnaround.

4 hours ago, Irish89 said:

Hi Everyone. Looking into law firms to hire for our WOM. Hoping some good samaritans might share some recommendations or experiences they may have had with different firms. Right now either PIC or Josh Goldstein are our top picks but interested to hear alternative experiences with Hacking law, Nimmer ect. Thanks in advance for any shared experiences.

PIC is honestly the best of that list, but you should do consults and you’ll see the difference firsthand.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.