2,958 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Gha said:

Hi 

@Tiabeanie I am asking did you get your email response because I sent a mail to embassy more then a week but no response yet 

thank you 

Hi there,

The embassy responded today to the email that I've sent them 14 days ago. The last time I emailed them it took them 12 days to email me back. I'm not sure what's the reason for them taking long to respond to emails it gives me a bad feeling that they're taking even longer to process cases. Give them up to 2 weeks to respond back. I got the same generic reply unfortunately:

"Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us.

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and the additional documents you have provided.

This case is currently pending to be reviewed by the Visa Unit. As soon as this review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case"

Again waiting over 2 months for them to look over 1 document. This is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Once you file WOM, you have to wait for the government to be served, and then for the US attorneys to answer before the 60 day deadline (once served). Usually, they ask for a delay and the court usually grants it. The law firm handling your case should give updates to you when these events happen.

Well that's just it, what constitutes coming back and forth in this context. How much back and forth is too much, in other words...

As usual, it’s discretionary, I know some people that went back and forth maybe 6-7 times before the final move and they didn’t get hassled until maybe the 4th time.. they always had a good reason to not have moved yet and it was well within the 12 month window, so they were waved through anyway. 

Personally, I’m over the hassle and stress of immigration so I’m keeping my final move as simple as possible and limiting the back and forth as much as I can. 

Edited by throwitaway

7 hours ago, Jvisa said:

Happy for you and congratulation. Question is what will happen next after we filed WOM ? Wondering what should we do after 60 days? 

The lawsuit is filed and the government then has 60 days to respond. Sometimes they request extensions. You don’t really do anything until the government responds, which they either issue, extend, or fight. Whatever they do then informs your next steps. 

Hello everyone, I have read this thread multiple times, I feel for anyone going through this AP process after waiting long enough for the IL. Sadly my wife got AP for missing documents (police clearance from Kenya) and DS 5535. We were in shock, we are married for 2 years and we have a son. It is sad this happening after waiting this for 2 years for this process. What we can do in this matter? Also where we can send the missing document, the officer didn't tell her how she can send it. 

Thank you 

Edited by Fayisa

15 hours ago, throwitaway said:

The lawsuit is filed and the government then has 60 days to respond. Sometimes they request extensions. You don’t really do anything until the government responds, which they either issue, extend, or fight. Whatever they do then informs your next steps. 

If they extend what should I do ,,and really should I do anything what response law firm must do????

so worried,Thanks

39 minutes ago, Fayisa said:

Hello everyone, I have read this thread multiple times, I feel for anyone going through this AP process after waiting long enough for the IL. Sadly my wife got AP for missing documents (police clearance from Kenya) and DS 5535. We were in shock, we are married for 2 years and we have a son. It is sad this happening after waiting this for 2 years for this process. What we can do in this matter? Also where we can send the missing document, the officer didn't tell her how she can send it. 

Thank you 

The missing police clearance is sent via the AIS website, where you registered for the courier. You just select the option “Consulate has requested documents” and it’ll spit out a label for you to bring to Canada Post. 

The 5535 will come by email, you reply to the email with the answers. 

44 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

The missing police clearance is sent via the AIS website, where you registered for the courier. You just select the option “Consulate has requested documents” and it’ll spit out a label for you to bring to Canada Post. 

The 5535 will come by email, you reply to the email with the answers. 

Thank you so much for the information, we received the DS5535 should we write it in a word document or just simply reply to the email? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Fayisa said:

Do you guys know a good law firm to file WOF, does it has to be from my state? I live in MN can someone help me, please? We are so frustrated and I feel that whatever happened was not fair we are just being discriminated against because of our religious background. 

Hi hon,

I can understand why you feel that way, because we felt the same way when we first found out but after coming in here I’ve realized people all across the board have been thrown into the AP bucket although it is not unusual for people from a certain background to be under additional scrutiny but if you’ve been through this thread you might notice people from all kinds of backgrounds have been thrown into limbo. As for the attorney they don’t have to be from Minnesota and a bunch of them have been mentioned throughout this thread but some to consider are:

goldstein

hacking

PIC (highly recommended) 

usually you should wait between 4-6 months before filing but it’s up to you

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I’ve read somewhere that final consulate decisions were made about a month after the last update (it was people sharing their experiences). Is this everyone’s experience here? We’ve been put on ds5535 last September with the most recent update in December. I had hoped that maybe January would bring some good news but nothing happened. Now I don’t know if we should just assume that we’re in for another long haul before anything moves. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Fayisa said:

Thank you 

I feel your pain. We were completely shocked, too. We’ve been married for 10 years now and it looks like we’re going to spend our 10th anniversary apart. We have small kids who cry after their father almost every day. The system is an overall travesty of justice. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.