2,958 posts in this topic

Happy New Years in advance everyone. I've decided to email the consulate and this is a response I've received when following up on my case file and wanted to know if anyone received an email similar to mine:

Hello, 

Thank you for your inquiry.  

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and the additional documents you have provided. 

This case is currently pending to be reviewed by the Visa Unit. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case. 

While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete. 

We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry.  

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. 

4 hours ago, Tiabeanie said:

Happy New Years in advance everyone. I've decided to email the consulate and this is a response I've received when following up on my case file and wanted to know if anyone received an email similar to mine:

Hello, 

Thank you for your inquiry.  

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and the additional documents you have provided. 

This case is currently pending to be reviewed by the Visa Unit. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case. 

While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete. 

We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry.  

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. 

This is one of their most used template replies.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/30/2022 at 11:49 AM, bobobobobo said:

same here- my interview (K1) was at 8th of november, and then the case was updated on the 16th and now 28th of december. i am hoping they will be ready by the beginning of january, but i am not sure if i am being optimistic or not..

It's optimistic, yeah, but good for you, keep that optimism. It is hard for me nowadays to do the same, so I admire it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

How often does it usually update while in AP/221g? .. my case has been updated three times! 16th dec -> 28th dec -> 03 jan (at 7 am??)

very confusing. Hope this means it is resolved soon.

3 hours ago, bobobobobo said:

How often does it usually update while in AP/221g? .. my case has been updated three times! 16th dec -> 28th dec -> 03 jan (at 7 am??)

very confusing. Hope this means it is resolved soon.

It's updated as soon as someone in VO opens your file. I have 5 updates since Sept 12th my interview date

Timeline

Is "Application received" an indicative of it being issued for good or is there a chance for rejection? For K-1 Visa. I'm not sure if it's too early for me to celebrate or not. I guess I'll have to wait 1 week for it to actually say issued if it is good news

16th dec -> 28th dec -> 03 jan -> 04 jan (application received) 

For those interested, I kept track of all the dates throughout the immigration process. The details of my actual interview can be found in the Consulate review section for the Montreal Consulate.

·        I-130 filed: September 30, 2020

·        I-130 RFE: August 31, 2021

·        I-130 RFE Sent: August 31, 2021

·        I-130 Approved: September 22, 2021

·        NVC Received: September 26, 2021

·        AOS Bill and IV Bill Paid: September 26, 2021

·        Uploaded all Documents on CEAC (AOS and IV Package): October 21, 2021

·        NVC RFE 1: January 25, 2022

·        NVC RFE 1 Submitted: January 25, 2022

·        NVC RFE 2: April 18, 2022

·        NVC RFE 2 Submitted: April 18, 2022.

·        Case completed at NVC (DQ): June 29, 2022

·        Interview Letter Received: September 22, 2022

·        Interview scheduled: November 2nd, 2022 at 9:45 AM – Montreal Consulate

·        After interview, CEAC status changed from “Ready” to “Refused” (Administrative Processing)

·        CEAC status “Refused”: November 2, 2022

·        CEAC “Last updated” date change: November 16, 2022 (status still Refused)

·        Sent email to Embassy: December 1, 2022 (to request for status)

·        Embassy response to email: December 8, 2022 (generic response – pending review)

·        CEAC “Last updated” date change: December 8, 2022 (status still Refused)

·        Sent 2nd email to Embassy: December 14, 2022

·        CEAC status “Ready”: December 19, 2022

·        CEAC “Last updated” date change: December 19, 2022 (status changed to Ready)

·        Embassy response to 2nd email: December 21, 2022 (generic response – pending review)

·        CEAC status “Issued”: December 23, 2022

·        CEAC “Last updated” date change: December 23, 2022 (status changed to Issued)

·        CEAC “Last updated” date change: December 29, 2022 (status still Issued)

·        Tracking received: December 29, 2022 (tracking info delayed due to Christmas holidays)

·        Estimated delivery date: December 30, 2022

·        Passport delivered: January 3, 2023 (delivery was delayed due to New Years holidays)

·        Entered USA: January 3, 2023

Timeline
21 minutes ago, kryptonite said:

For those interested, I kept track of all the dates throughout the immigration process. The details of my actual interview can be found in the Consulate review section for the Montreal Consulate...

Congratulations !! i'm happy for you :) (Curious how you didn't have an application ready status- so i'm still a little wary whether i'm accepted or not)

Did you have to pay for premium delivery to get the tracking ?

2 hours ago, bobobobobo said:

Congratulations !! i'm happy for you :) (Curious how you didn't have an application ready status- so i'm still a little wary whether i'm accepted or not)

Did you have to pay for premium delivery to get the tracking ?

That’s probably because Application Ready status is for non-immigrant visas, and a lot

of us here are on immigrant visas. K1 is still technically non-immigrant, even though you’re expected to marry and adjust status once you’re there. 

Edited by throwitaway

Timeline
1 minute ago, throwitaway said:

Same same, application received/ready/approved on CEAC is still for NIV if I’m not mistaken

oh yeah, it does say NIV application at the top even though it is for an immigrant visa. Odd ! I am guessing it is just administrative/processing stuff then..

4 minutes ago, bobobobobo said:

oh yeah, it does say NIV application at the top even though it is for an immigrant visa. Odd ! I am guessing it is just administrative/processing stuff then..

Did you have a missing medical or document? It takes them like 6 weeks minimum to review that stuff once it comes in. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.