2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

frequent updates are good! my moms case had three unsolicited, it started sept 30 until october 5. we got her passport back and clearance was received sept 30. 

also apparently now there isnt a packet that you present during your entry into US, its all electronic, you just present your passport with visa. i assume this changed within the last 9 months. wasnt the case when my step dad crossed in march.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

2 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

frequent updates are good! my moms case had three unsolicited, it started sept 30 until october 5. we got her passport back and clearance was received sept 30. 

also apparently now there isnt a packet that you present during your entry into US, its all electronic, you just present your passport with visa. i assume this changed within the last 9 months. wasnt the case when my step dad crossed in march.

This is dependent on the visa type. They’re transitioning all of them to this eventually. DV still has a physical packet you have to bring.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

54 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

This is dependent on the visa type. They’re transitioning all of them to this eventually. DV still has a physical packet you have to bring.

K1 still has a packet.  Would be great if they could get rid of that too!  One more thing to be anxious about losing or that they have screwed something up inside it 

11 hours ago, throwitaway said:

If you’re in AP you’re in 221g, unless your CEAC actually shows Administrative Processing. Approved where? Verbally by CO at interview? Unfortunately that doesn’t mean nearly as much as your actual status :(

Another thing I wanted to ask is what does this email means. I inquired about my case 2 weeks ago and they replied me with the following. I should just wait I guess right coz my case is still in AP I believe? My CEAC says "refused".

"Thank you for your inquiry.  

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and the additional documents you have provided. 

This case is currently pending to be reviewed by a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case. 

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S.  Nonetheless, the Consulate in Montreal, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive consular review and administrative processing. 

While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete. 

We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry.  

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance."

14 hours ago, AnimeLover89 said:

Another thing I wanted to ask is what does this email means. I inquired about my case 2 weeks ago and they replied me with the following. I should just wait I guess right coz my case is still in AP I believe? My CEAC says "refused".

"Thank you for your inquiry.  

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and the additional documents you have provided. 

This case is currently pending to be reviewed by a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case. 

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S.  Nonetheless, the Consulate in Montreal, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive consular review and administrative processing. 

While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete. 

We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry.  

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance."

This is pretty much their generic response that I also received when I sent them an email with the exception of their acknowledgement of receiving additional documents as I did not have to send any. Your case is currently in Administrative Processing - this is what the "Refused" status is. To answer your question, yes, you should just wait in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, kryptonite said:

This is pretty much their generic response that I also received when I sent them an email with the exception of their acknowledgement of receiving additional documents as I did not have to send any. Your case is currently in Administrative Processing - this is what the "Refused" status is. To answer your question, yes, you should just wait in my opinion. 

Thats interesting but I never actually provided any additional docs and nor they asked for any. I think its just a generic email they send everybody.

My status still says "Ready" and has not changed. I had sent an email to the embassy on December 14th prior to this status changing. On December 19th, the status changed to "Ready" and last update date changed to December 19th as well. Shortly after, on December 22nd, I got a response from the embassy. It was still their generic response:

--

Thank you for your inquiry.  

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

--

What's strange is that firstly, I didn't send any additional documents because I didn't have to so it's for sure just a copy and paste email and secondly, the last update date didn't change this time when they sent the email so they didn't even open my case when they sent me this email. Previously when they sent the email out to me, the last update date had changed as well.

What's good is that they've been pretty consistent with their email response time (5 business days) at least for me. What's not good is that the response doesn't really give much info lol. 

I guess ever since my status changed to Ready, I've gotten more impatient because I feel like I'm so close and I just keep wondering "what're you waiting for?!!" but, now it's December 22nd, and we're getting close to Christmas holidays. I'm not even sure if we'll see any progress now because of that. What do you guys think? I saw in their holiday schedule that they don't work Monday the 26th. The 27th seems to only be observed by Canadians but, I'm not sure if officers are working this day. 

Was hoping for some Christmas miracle for all of us so that we can all be reconnected with our families for the holidays. Who knows, it could still happen!!

10 hours ago, kryptonite said:

My status still says "Ready" and has not changed. I had sent an email to the embassy on December 14th prior to this status changing. On December 19th, the status changed to "Ready" and last update date changed to December 19th as well. Shortly after, on December 22nd, I got a response from the embassy. It was still their generic response:

--

Thank you for your inquiry.  

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

--

What's strange is that firstly, I didn't send any additional documents because I didn't have to so it's for sure just a copy and paste email and secondly, the last update date didn't change this time when they sent the email so they didn't even open my case when they sent me this email. Previously when they sent the email out to me, the last update date had changed as well.

What's good is that they've been pretty consistent with their email response time (5 business days) at least for me. What's not good is that the response doesn't really give much info lol. 

I guess ever since my status changed to Ready, I've gotten more impatient because I feel like I'm so close and I just keep wondering "what're you waiting for?!!" but, now it's December 22nd, and we're getting close to Christmas holidays. I'm not even sure if we'll see any progress now because of that. What do you guys think? I saw in their holiday schedule that they don't work Monday the 26th. The 27th seems to only be observed by Canadians but, I'm not sure if officers are working this day. 

Was hoping for some Christmas miracle for all of us so that we can all be reconnected with our families for the holidays. Who knows, it could still happen!!

Exactly the response I got when I emailed them. Lets hope we get our visa issued soon. The embassy has varying hours on Monday but are pretty much working normally from tuesday onwards. 

Edited by AnimeLover89

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 12/19/2022 at 10:17 PM, ice-qube said:

Another two meaningless CEAC “Last updated” updates on Dec 12 and 16. Still remains refused. They just like to play, i think.

same here- my interview (K1) was at 8th of november, and then the case was updated on the 16th and now 28th of december. i am hoping they will be ready by the beginning of january, but i am not sure if i am being optimistic or not..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Most people have waited 6 months before going for a WOM some have gone ahead at the 4 month mark and others have waited much longer. It really depends on you and what your lawyer says. However, as one of the members recently pointed out it is holiday season so it may be prudent to wait until February at the very least.

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.