2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I was directed to this thread from someone based on a question I posed. Hopeful that someone can help.

I wasn’t issued a DS-5535 though. I had my K-1 Visa Interview on August 9th and was given the 221g because my police check was wrong and because I hadn’t received court docs showing a case I had many years ago was withdrawn by the interview date. They kept my passport at the time of the interview. I have finally received all of the documents required, and couriered them to Montreal on Oct 31st (tracking number shows it was delivered Nov 3rd).

I’m wondering what a realistic timeline would be before I get an answer (approval 🤞)? Was hoping to be with my fiancé by Christmas. CEAC is still showing refused with the last update on August 12th, so it doesn’t even look like anyone has actually looked at my docs/file since receiving them. 

2 minutes ago, Ashley28888 said:

Thanks for sharing the link! I might be the only person who might not know about this site... lol

Appreciate it! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, MKH22 said:

Quick question . How long would be IV validity usually  issued by Montreal ? 

Thanks

Believe it would be six months from the date of the medical.

8 hours ago, lomnd said:

We received an email from US Consulate that my infant daughter's passport is being returned to us already. We haven't heard back yet regarding mine or my husband's passports. We also do not know if our Diversity Visas are approved because our Case Number is showing up as invalid on CEAC website. Any experience similar to this? We're hoping this is a positive thing. Thanks!

There’s no way to know until you get it, shame CEAC isn’t working for DV yet. Good luck, hope it’s good news. Are you only waiting on the one en route? 

7 hours ago, CanadatoCali said:

Hi everyone,

I was directed to this thread from someone based on a question I posed. Hopeful that someone can help.

I wasn’t issued a DS-5535 though. I had my K-1 Visa Interview on August 9th and was given the 221g because my police check was wrong and because I hadn’t received court docs showing a case I had many years ago was withdrawn by the interview date. They kept my passport at the time of the interview. I have finally received all of the documents required, and couriered them to Montreal on Oct 31st (tracking number shows it was delivered Nov 3rd).

I’m wondering what a realistic timeline would be before I get an answer (approval 🤞)? Was hoping to be with my fiancé by Christmas. CEAC is still showing refused with the last update on August 12th, so it doesn’t even look like anyone has actually looked at my docs/file since receiving them. 

It usually takes at least six weeks once documents are received to reach an actual consul officer. 

59 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

There’s no way to know until you get it, shame CEAC isn’t working for DV yet. Good luck, hope it’s good news. Are you only waiting on the one en route? 

My husband got an email as well an hour later so we are expecting both of their passports but not mine. We're hoping mine is with my daughter's but I didn't get an email. Thank you!

Timeline
6 hours ago, throwitaway said:

It usually takes at least six weeks once documents are received to reach an actual consul officer. 

Oh wow. Thanks for your response. 

So I shouldn’t be alarmed that nothing has been updated on CEAC? I was getting worried that it ended up in the wrong hands. 

…and I suppose we should be making plans for my fiancé to come here for the holidays? 

They really don’t make this easy, do they?

1 hour ago, CanadatoCali said:

So I shouldn’t be alarmed that nothing has been updated on CEAC? I was getting worried that it ended up in the wrong hands. 

…and I suppose we should be making plans for my fiancé to come here for the holidays? 

Personally, I wouldn’t count on MTL issuing the visa in time. With that said, they’re very unpredictable, so there’s always a chance. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, CanadatoCali said:

I wouldn’t make any concrete plans until you see issued on CEAC. Montreal is very unpredictable. 

and enjoy California! I don’t miss the weather in Toronto   

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline

All the requested documents for my mom was delivered today to the embassy return address. 

Now the waiting game continues again 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
7 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

All the requested documents for my mom was delivered today to the embassy return address. 

Now the waiting game continues again 

When did you send them? I sent mine off on Tuesday morning. I'm very nervous that there's going to be some sort of error.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.