BigBen17

Is our tourist visa still active?

38 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, BigBen17 said:

The only problem is we recently found this out. And there are no appointments available between now and when we leave or we would have done so. 

Sorry to break it up to you but “recently found this out”  excuse won’t go well with the Mexico side when ur spouse can’t produce mexico visa 

8 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

I don't know if I'm missing something here but can she not apply for a Mexican tourist visa with her passport from the Philippines? Her prior U.S. tourist visa is non-existent at this point. 

Mexico and Canada have a lot of access to U.S. immigration info because of course, it is necessary for border countries to have this info.

This is the best course of action here.  Makes it legit, so that she doesn't have to worry about being admitted or not.

7 hours ago, BigBen17 said:

She can apply but we are leaving next week and did not know she needed a visa.

I guess that is what you will tell the Mexican border patrol, in that case.

4 hours ago, Boiler said:

There is nothing to indicate it is not.

Except that the B is generally voided when the K is issued, and the K is a one-time use visa.

The OP's wife would appear to not have a visa, but with pending AOS, is in authorized stay and also has AP.   

1 hour ago, AJ2019 said:

Btw, my husband migrated on K1, his valid B1B2 visa was cancelled with stamp.

Same for my husband.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
21 hours ago, BigBen17 said:

I know she cannot enter Mexico with just a EAP card because it is not a permanent resident card.

My wife and I entered mexico a few times with her EAD/AP combo card. I even went thru the hassle the first time of applying for her to get a visa at the Mexico consulate here in Las Vegas,NV. we went to the interview to get the visa, and they said she has EAD/AP doesn't need a visa, it's considered the same as a green card. My wife and I went to Mexico at least 3 times on just her AP/EAD card with no issues. If she has EAD/AP, you should be fine. Trust me that getting into Mexico is not a problem, as long as you have the proper documents to reenter the US, that should be your concern.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

As a follow up, my wife is from Thailand, and every time we went to Mexico all she did was show her Thai passport, and her EAD/AP card and we rolled right in, no questions asked. The most they asked was how long are you staying, I always said 3-5 days or so, and away we went. On a side note, there is nothing in Mexico that can't be fixed with the drop of a 20 dollar or 50 dollar bill in my experience. I've been stopped dozens of times, your window tint is too dark on your windows ( 20 dollars and it wasn't that dark), oh you don't have mexican insurance ( 20 dollars and instantly I did), Sir, you can't park your car there, that is for police vehicles only ( 20 dollars and I had guarded parking for a few hours) you get the idea.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends,

Thank you so much for your help and your input. So when we went through Tijuana, all that the Mexican agent asked for was her b1/b2 visa. It was not swiped or anything through a computer, and the agent just confirmed that it was still "valid". We did give a call to the US Consulate in Manila, and we were told that the Visa was in fact active. Apparently the best place to call to see if your visa is active is to call the place that issued the visa. There was absolutely not issue going through the border. it was a lot of headache and stress for nothing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.