JojoandTomas

JULY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

183 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Mari_Justin said:

Feels to me like theyre skipping an entire skip whee they notify of NVC receipt and generate case #,  and going straight to shipped to consulate. This seems very dependent on the consulate and the case load. Saw in the June thread someone just got their case number and "ready for appointment" 44 days after NOA2 which was in the end of July.  So some of us July filers could be seeing some progress early next week?

There are still a lot of cases approved in June who haven't heard anything, and I'm not only talking about myself, as I'm on the borderline of June/July. There are people who got approved before me and still have not gotten their NVC case numbers. So I don't think July will hear anything next week. Of course if it's not depended on the consulate and if they move by the approval date. Based on my research, the realistic timeframe to hear from NVC is 1.5-2 months :( 

I got a reply from NVC that it may take up to 6 weeks for them to even RECEIVE the case from USCIS. 

Edited by To_the_moon

Timeline
On 8/9/2022 at 6:59 PM, Mari_Justin said:

Feels to me like theyre skipping an entire skip whee they notify of NVC receipt and generate case #,  and going straight to shipped to consulate. This seems very dependent on the consulate and the case load. Saw in the June thread someone just got their case number and "ready for appointment" 44 days after NOA2 which was in the end of July.  So some of us July filers could be seeing some progress early next week?

@Mari_Justin Have you still not received your case number?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Eric10112021 said:

@Mari_Justin Have you still not received your case number?

No, we’re only 39 days, I wouldn’t expect until

next week at the absolute earliest. I even requested another copy of noa2 which we have yet to receive. 

On 8/16/2022 at 4:13 PM, Xiaova said:

I received an email from: nvc-do-not-reply@state.gov. In the email they attached an rtf file with your case number.

They will normally send this email once your petition has been sent to the embassy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

If I'm understanding the data correctly, there are about 56 timelines with July NOA2 dates, I see 2 that have been updating showing NVC received and or Consulate received. One from July 1st and one from July 12th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mari_Justin said:

If I'm understanding the data correctly, there are about 56 timelines with July NOA2 dates, I see 2 that have been updating showing NVC received and or Consulate received. One from July 1st and one from July 12th.

Make it about 57 with mine in there, lol.  VJ won't let me update 😒.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

July 29th approval, no mail received by Aug 13. Sent request was told it can take up to a month to hear a response...sigh.

I guess it doesn't matter so much to get the letter just as long as I know it was approved and eventually will hear back from NVC right? Does NVC contact me (petitioner) by mail or by e-mail? 

Edited by javierdpvelez

12 hours ago, javierdpvelez said:

July 29th approval, no mail received by Aug 13. Sent request was told it can take up to a month to hear a response...sigh.

I guess it doesn't matter so much to get the letter just as long as I know it was approved and eventually will hear back from NVC right? Does NVC contact me (petitioner) by mail or by e-mail? 

I got an email. I didn't get the email until the case finished processing at NVC and was sent to the embassy. It took about 40 days.

Timeline
On 8/20/2022 at 1:38 PM, Amelme said:

Does anyone know what paperwork will I need when I get my letter from NVC, I mean on papers from my fiance grom USA?  🧡

US citizen fiance needs to fill I-134 with supporting evidence and send it to the beneficiary to take it for the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.