Pourri1

Unable to make it to interview.

6 posts in this topic

Hi all

so mid June I received a Notice of Action for N400 naturalization, Interview. 

It was based on marriage to U.S Citizen and applied based on the 3yr rule. We thought it was out of order because even thought we submitted the removal of conditions ( I-751) way before the N400, the n400 interview notice came first. Fast forward to a few days ago and a letter appeared for the interview for removal of conditions. The interview dat is set up for the same date/time as the first interview for n400. 

Unfortunately, my U.S. Citizen spouse is not able to make it to the interview bc they are in jail. The judge denied bail so unfortunately, we are just waiting for a court date. 
With the N400 scheduled at the same date/time, im not sure what i should do or what i should say to the person conducting the interview. Any thought or input please?

Thanks in advance. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

How long will your spouse be confined? Is it closer to a month, year, or ten years?

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Go to the interview

Take proof of the USC being in jail/  u can ask his lawyer for a document saying this

Don't miss an appointment as they are hard to get and even harder to reschedule 

the naturalization one especially has a limit on how many times u can reschedule (1) and it would be up to the USCIS officer

Ultimately, the USCIS officer to whom you write has discretion over whether to grant the reschedule. (See 8 C.F.R. § 103.2(b)(9) )

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-do-i-reschedule-naturalization-citizenship-interview.html#:~:text=To request a reschedule%2C the,that you will be hospitalized.

Edited by JeanneAdil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.