Orzo

APRIL 2022 FILERS (I-130)

117 posts in this topic

Question on the 2 options that appear below - Which is BEST, QUICKEST????

* I am U.S Citizen, and my husband is in India

I130 - PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE

Notice Type: Approval Notice Section: Husband or wife of U.S Citizen, 201(b) INA

The above petition has been approved. However, you did not indicate on the petition whether the beneficiary intends to apply for an immigrant visa abroad at a U.S. Embassy or a U.S. Consulate or will apply for adjustment of status in the United States. Therefore, USCIS has retained the petition. If the beneficiary intends to apply for adjustment of status in the United States, they should submit a copy of this notice, along with a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. They can obtain Form I-485 from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov, by contacting the USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283, or by visiting the local USCIS field office. Filing address information can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov. If the beneficiary decides to apply for an immigrant visa outside the United States based on this petition, you should file Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, to request that we send the petition to the U.S. Department of State National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that require consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition to that consulate. The NVC will contact the beneficiary of this petition with further information about immigrant visa processing steps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 12/27/2022 at 3:21 PM, LM & J said:

Question on the 2 options that appear below - Which is BEST, QUICKEST????

* I am U.S Citizen, and my husband is in India

I130 - PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE

Notice Type: Approval Notice Section: Husband or wife of U.S Citizen, 201(b) INA

The above petition has been approved. However, you did not indicate on the petition whether the beneficiary intends to apply for an immigrant visa abroad at a U.S. Embassy or a U.S. Consulate or will apply for adjustment of status in the United States. Therefore, USCIS has retained the petition. If the beneficiary intends to apply for adjustment of status in the United States, they should submit a copy of this notice, along with a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. They can obtain Form I-485 from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov, by contacting the USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283, or by visiting the local USCIS field office. Filing address information can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov. If the beneficiary decides to apply for an immigrant visa outside the United States based on this petition, you should file Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, to request that we send the petition to the U.S. Department of State National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that require consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition to that consulate. The NVC will contact the beneficiary of this petition with further information about immigrant visa processing steps

Did you not indicate whether your husband will adjust status or attend an interview abroad?

You need to file the I-824.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!

April filer here as well and still waiting patiently for the NOA 2. 

We filed the I-130 online and it was sent to Nebraska service center, but was then moved to Potomac at some point during 2022 when checking with the USCIS live chat agents.

Does anyone have any updates on their case? 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Raffy86 said:

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!

We filed the I-130 online and it was sent to Nebraska service center, but was then moved to Potomac at some point during 2022 when checking with the USCIS live chat agents.

Potomac seems to take between 10-13 months. You’re close.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 1/5/2023 at 11:56 PM, Jordanian Bride said:

Potomac seems to take between 10-13 months. You’re close.

I believe you are right!

I hope we will get an approval soon 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Husband US Citizen (USC) living in USA Filling I-130 for Foreign Wife living Abroad

Husband (USC) is an active military that was stationed in Bahrain from 2018 to March 2021.

April 2019 - My husband and I first started chatting online somewhere around April 2019 and we kept talking to each other until we were both comfortable to hang out so he asked me out on a date to meet in person.

June 13th 2019 - it was a Thursday Night, I still remember our FIRST DATE as if it was yesterday. So from then on we were inseparable.

February 14th 2020 - he proposed to me.

May 2020 - And we applied for the fiancé visa in that same year.

May 13th 2020 – Receipt Date Notice of Action 1

February 1st 2021 – Request for Evidence (RFE) for i-129F and we sent it.

March 20th 2021 - My "Fiancé" back then had to leave Bahrain and move back to the US as he is an active military member and his stay in Bahrain was over.

April 1st of 2021 – i-797 Notice of Action we got the APPROVAL Notice.

May 11th 2021 - National Visa Center (NVC) sent K1 visa petition to the US Embassy in Bahrain.

May 19th 2021 – US Embassy in Bahrain received our petition from NVC and mentioned the requirements in the email. While I was trying to get all the documents ready for the interview we hit a roadblock, it seems in the country of Bahrain a Bahraini woman cannot get a good conduct police certificate issued for the purpose of marriage outside of the country without her father if she’s unmarried yet. My family was totally against us and were not of any help.

So we had to cancel the fiancé visa, and couldn’t think of anything else other than to just get married through proxy online due to the fact that we couldn’t be in the presence of each other to get married.

June 30th 2021 - The double proxy marriage certificate was issued.

September 27th 2021 - I tried to apply for a visit visa to the US to be present in the same place together “consummate the marriage” as it was a condition to apply the spouse visa i-130, but the embassy in Bahrain rejected it due to not enough strong ties to come back to the country.

January 23rd 2022 to February 06th 2022 (2 Weeks) - My husband came for a visit to Bahrain and somehow during his trip we decided to be brave and tell my family that we already got married and they got super upset at first but then it worked out great.

April 2nd 2022 - After that he applied for the i-130 spouse visa online so our receipt number is the same starts with IOE.

June 10th 2022 to June 30th 2022 (3 Weeks) - my husband came back for a second visit as my parents requested a wedding party to be done so we can celebrate with the whole family.

November 27th 2022 - I tried again to apply for a visit visa to the US because I wanted to try meet my in laws and spend time with his family before moving there permanently whenever the spouse visa gets approved but again the US Embassy in Bahrain were so rude, they didn't even look at the documents I had from my job and told me to not apply for a visit visa again.

No changes in the case status so far...

And we’ve been waiting since.. I just wanted to share this as it just feels like we have been waiting forever just to be together and to start our lives together and it’s all worth it, maybe this can give someone somewhere some hope to fight for their love.

Edited by JS & SQ

On 1/5/2023 at 8:15 PM, Raffy86 said:

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Yes, ours was the same.....moved from one service center to Potomac during 2022. We received NOA2 on 12/23/2022. However, there appears to have been computer glitch online with I-130 from when I completed it (didn't show the option for Embassy for Spouse) so basically we have delay now since I was required to file I-824 and pay $465 for it. (Those items remitted and just received text of receipt for that now).

At least there's been some progress....and I'm learning the tough way that maybe filing things online isn't as efficient as one would think.

🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends. I come with good news! Got approved yesterday, 1/19/23. 

PD: 4/3/22

AR: 1/19/23

NOA2: 1/19/23

Vermont Service Center.

No K3, No RFE, No expedite. I sent an inquiry for my house rep on 1/5/23 and they replied on 1/12/23 saying they sent it out to USCIS but have to give them 30-60 business days to reply. I haven’t heard anything from my house rep yet. Hope there’s more approvals soon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Another approval to report, so hopefully good news soon for the rest of the April people waiting:

Priority Date: April 26 2022 (started in Texas and then transferred at some point to Nebraska)

I-130 Approval: January 18 2023

On 1/20/2023 at 5:42 PM, JamesYJessica said:

Another approval to report, so hopefully good news soon for the rest of the April people waiting:

Priority Date: April 26 2022 (started in Texas and then transferred at some point to Nebraska)

I-130 Approval: January 18 2023

did you get your email from NVC?

Timeline

@Jeshua

Yes, I received an email on Saturday night (JAN 21 2023) with my Case ID and Invoice ID. However, I have been unable to login to the CEAC website with that information. I get the error:

"The selected Case Number and Invoice Identification Number combination you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the National Visa Center for further assistance."

From my research online, some people have had to wait a couple of days before they were actually able to login. I know Mondays is when the NVC updates their processing time page, so I'm hoping they do whatever database updates they need to do in order for me to be able to login. 

22 minutes ago, JamesYJessica said:

@Jeshua

Yes, I received an email on Saturday night (JAN 21 2023) with my Case ID and Invoice ID. However, I have been unable to login to the CEAC website with that information. I get the error:

"The selected Case Number and Invoice Identification Number combination you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the National Visa Center for further assistance."

From my research online, some people have had to wait a couple of days before they were actually able to login. I know Mondays is when the NVC updates their processing time page, so I'm hoping they do whatever database updates they need to do in order for me to be able to login. 

Oh that’s weird. Thanks for the update! I hope you can get in today.  Still waiting on mine, hope it’s soon!!

Edited by Jeshua

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jeshua said:

Oh that’s weird. Thanks for the update! I hope you can get in today.  Still waiting on mine, hope it’s soon!!

Hopefully soon! Here's the automated sender email so you can make sure it doesn't go to Spam:

national_visa_center@state.gov

I then received another information email that just links to the NVC website on the visa process flowchart. That automated sender is:

nvc-do-not-reply@state.gov

6 hours ago, JamesYJessica said:

Hopefully soon! Here's the automated sender email so you can make sure it doesn't go to Spam:

national_visa_center@state.gov

I then received another information email that just links to the NVC website on the visa process flowchart. That automated sender is:

nvc-do-not-reply@state.gov

Thank you!!! I got the email today! Couldn't sign in yet like you so hope it's soon. Can you sign in now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.