Orzo

APRIL 2022 FILERS (I-130)

117 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
17 hours ago, Orzo said:

Forward progress is forward progress!

How long did it take to get your welcome letter/account info?

I just received an email called "introduction to document collection" giving tips on document uploading and claiming that I was recently notified that they are ready for me to begin uploading. Did you received your welcome letter via email or physical mail? I haven't gotten either :(

I just checked my emails, and I got the case creation email (login info) first and same day, the introduction to doc collection email.  You might want to check your spam or the beneficiary email too, it was addressed to both of us.

On 11/13/2022 at 1:55 PM, Orzo said:

Forward progress is forward progress!

How long did it take to get your welcome letter/account info?

I just received an email called "introduction to document collection" giving tips on document uploading and claiming that I was recently notified that they are ready for me to begin uploading. Did you received your welcome letter via email or physical mail? I haven't gotten either :(

At first it was pretty confusing. Since all you need is the NVC case number and then a Invoice ID number that they send to you. I received my e-mail first and then like a week alter my I-129F denial because of acceptance of I-130. Something like a week after that I then received my actual NVC acceptance letter. So it was quite a bit of a wait for everything physical.

I thought they would individually look at my documents and my wife documents but it seems you have to submit everything before they start the process of reviewing documents in order to get DQ since I submitted my AOS way ahead but it was held up with my wife's DS-260 and Civil Document requirements.  So I think effectively my document date is 11/10/22. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Hii All,

I'm so glad to hear everyone's case has been approved or at least moved.

We Filed Online and as per the Form I-797C Notice of Action 1, our Service center was mentioned as Potomac in the letter…

NOA1: 02 April 2022

We have contacted the USCIS and found out that our case was always in California Service Center..

We haven't received any update.. There is NO "your case is being processed" or anything., its still stuck at "we received your case on April 2nd 2022.."

We haven't filed the K3 visa and kind of regretting it, should we file for K3 or is it too late , also do we have to pay any more fees for the K3 or is it free ???

We need help.. We miss each other so much :(

Timeline
11 hours ago, Sam and Jesse said:

Hii All,

We Filed Online and as per the Form I-797C Notice of Action 1, our Service center was mentioned as Potomac in the letter…

We have contacted the USCIS and found out that our case was always in California Service Center..

We haven't received any update.. There is NO "your case is being processed" or anything., its still stuck at "we received your case on April 2nd 2022.."

We haven't filed the K3 visa and kind of regretting it, should we file for K3 or is it too late , also do we have to pay any more fees for the K3 or is it free ???

Stay strong! Remember that this will all be worth it! 

From what I understand some folks don't get a "processed" notification until the day before they are approved. Some people get it instantly. It's just part of this game... 

The I-129F is free to file and will only cost you time and the extremely low risk of "accidentally" being granted a K-3. 

Most of the info you need for the 129 is the same as what you've prepped for the 130, so it's not so bad! 

The decision to file is yours! Check the current trends and keep in mind those who filed 129F on this thread got a reply in about 7 months. If I was a gambling man, I'd say you have less than 7 months before your I-130 is looked at "normally".

Take care of yourself and each other! 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ALMA2022 said:

Any update for April filers #I130

Many who filed the I-129F have received NOA2. So far, it doesn't look like those who didn't file the 129F have received anything. Be sure to check out the timelines section of the site, as many people don't post on this thread. 

Edited by Orzo

18 hours ago, Sam and Jesse said:

Hii All,

It definitely doesn't hurt to file now and it's free. You're probably looking at roughly 3 months or so from what the timelines say for a response in regards to your I-129F (K3). But I wouldn't say it'll guarantee a faster response for the I-130 though. Depending on a lot of other information your case can take longer or shorter to review. I filed it with the acceptance that it'll probably be 1.5 years before everything was done so I was pleasantly surprised. At the same time it threw off a lot of my planned travels to see my wife... but in a sense its a good thing.

Timeline
On 11/15/2022 at 7:50 AM, Hmoobphajej said:

At first it was pretty confusing. Since all you need is the NVC case number and then a Invoice ID number that they send to you. I received my e-mail first and then like a week alter my I-129F denial because of acceptance of I-130. Something like a week after that I then received my actual NVC acceptance letter. So it was quite a bit of a wait for everything physical.

I thought they would individually look at my documents and my wife documents but it seems you have to submit everything before they start the process of reviewing documents in order to get DQ since I submitted my AOS way ahead but it was held up with my wife's DS-260 and Civil Document requirements.  So I think effectively my document date is 11/10/22. :(

Did you submit the police certificate at this time? I thought we were supposed to wait until we have instructions to do some from the consulate. I guess I need to get on that, as it seems its part of the DS260 documents!

On 11/17/2022 at 5:22 AM, Sam and Jesse said:

Hii All,

Hey there. I’m in the same boat, only on case received. Hoping for approvals before the end of the year. I’m regretting not doing the K3 too :( It is free to submit though. Only by mail. 

On 11/19/2022 at 4:20 AM, Orzo said:

Did you submit the police certificate at this time? I thought we were supposed to wait until we have instructions to do some from the consulate. I guess I need to get on that, as it seems its part of the DS260 documents!

Yep I had to. It was part of my required Civil Documents for my wife.

14 hours ago, Orzo said:

And just like that, I'm suck waiting to submit until Dec. 5th. 😞😞

Boo! Welp for any form of solace we're at least that much closer to bringing our significant others over. I'm hoping for a January/February date for me. That is still about half a year faster than anticipated when this whole journey started.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Hmoobphajej said:

Boo! Welp for any form of solace we're at least that much closer to bringing our significant others over. I'm hoping for a January/February date for me. That is still about half a year faster than anticipated when this whole journey started.

True! One day at a time! 

I too was shocked by the speed of my I-130. It's just so hard to stay stagnant when there is something that needs to be done. It's like waiting to wait. 

I'm thankful to be in the position I'm in though.

I wonder if other K-3'ers have had the same success. 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.