JojoandTomas

JUNE 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

180 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, To_the_moon said:

No, I requested an expedite at NVC level after about 5 weeks without hearing anything and they replied that they don’t have our case yet and it may take up to 6 weeks for USCIS to send it to NVC. So by the end of 6 weeks I requested another expedite and they said they just received our case, so that’s what I inputted as “NVC received”. 
P.S. the expedite was denied. They only said they will send it “as soon as possible”. 

Interesting, thanks.

Feels like 60-65 is the magic number for NVC lately. Hoping so anyway, at 53 days here. Sent an inquiry 20 days ago without a response yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

Interesting, thanks.

Feels like 60-65 is the magic number for NVC lately. Hoping so anyway, at 53 days here. Sent an inquiry 20 days ago without a response yet.

You will probably get your case transferred on the 13th, as they only ship bi-weekly. Stay strong🙏🏼

If you used the public inquiry tool there is little chance they will reply sooner than 2 months. I sent my inquiry over a month ago and haven’t gotten a response yet. The only way to communicate with then is through the expedite requests. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

Interesting, thanks.

I wish it had been a magic number for us. We are at 64 days today and all I got was an email today from NVC saying that they haven't received our approved case from USCIS and would be looking in to it. I thought I might get an early b-day gift being in transit this week while I'm visiting my fiance, but instead we remain in USCIS-NVC limboland. 

You can also email them at NVCResearch@state.gov. Send in your info and beneficiaries, WAC # and a picture of your NOA2. If its before 60 days they'll tell you to give them until day 60 and once past day 60 they'll tell you they are "looking into it". USCIS won't take an inquiry about it until day 90. That email address has always responded to my emails in 3 days or less. 

Edited by CJPinEcuador

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I would also suggest checking your timelines against others from your countries, so you can see if your timelines are similar and you can estimate your wait time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, To_the_moon said:

You will probably get your case transferred on the 13th, as they only ship bi-weekly. Stay strong🙏🏼

If you used the public inquiry tool there is little chance they will reply sooner than 2 months. I sent my inquiry over a month ago and haven’t gotten a response yet. The only way to communicate with then is through the expedite requests. 

I submitted an inquiry July 8 and finally received a response yesterday with my case number.

Timeline
5 hours ago, centric23 said:

I submitted an inquiry July 8 and finally received a response yesterday with my case number.

Did they only give you the number or did they send the case to the consulate?

Timeline
1 hour ago, To_the_moon said:

Did they only give you the number or did they send the case to the consulate?

Just a case number. I checked and says "at NVC"

Timeline
6 hours ago, centric23 said:

Just a case number. I checked and says "at NVC"

Your timeline says you have an interview date, if you have an interview date then it’s already been received at the embassy and processed? Or are you just being hopeful?

Timeline
7 hours ago, Emerick said:

Your timeline says you have an interview date, if you have an interview date then it’s already been received at the embassy and processed? Or are you just being hopeful?

I had my interview scheduled before it was received by the consulate, I just didn’t input it in my timeline. Some embassies allow you to schedule beforehand, you just need to pay the fee. 

27 minutes ago, To_the_moon said:

I had my interview scheduled before it was received by the consulate, I just didn’t input it in my timeline. Some embassies allow you to schedule beforehand, you just need to pay the fee. 

Hi, I'm also going to schedule an interview at the Warsaw embassy in the future. My fiance is from Poland, so I know you go through a different portal than we would. 

Could you please let me know when you were able to schedule your interview? I've been told you can technically log on and schedule it with just your WAC number after getting your NOA2. Any advice would be appreciated as when it's our time we would like to book the appointment ASAP. 

Thanks. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, polishk1 said:

Hi, I'm also going to schedule an interview at the Warsaw embassy in the future. My fiance is from Poland, so I know you go through a different portal than we would. 

Could you please let me know when you were able to schedule your interview? I've been told you can technically log on and schedule it with just your WAC number after getting your NOA2. Any advice would be appreciated as when it's our time we would like to book the appointment ASAP. 

Thanks. 

You can schedule your appointment at any time using your WAC number, even prior to NOA2. I personally did it in July about 4-5 weeks after our NOA2, and the nearest available appointment was for February 2023 :( So the backlog for non polish residents is huge. But I believe if she is polish she will have a priority and you could get a closer date.

I would recommend to at least wait for your NOA2, so you don’t lose your consular fee because you can only reschedule 2 or 3 times.

It’s hard to predict your appointment date before NOA2 because USCIS processing time is unpredictable. 

37 minutes ago, To_the_moon said:

You can schedule your appointment at any time using your WAC number, even prior to NOA2. I personally did it in July about 4-5 weeks after our NOA2, and the nearest available appointment was for February 2023 :( So the backlog for non polish residents is huge. But I believe if she is polish she will have a priority and you could get a closer date.

I would recommend to at least wait for your NOA2, so you don’t lose your consular fee because you can only reschedule 2 or 3 times.

It’s hard to predict your appointment date before NOA2 because USCIS processing time is unpredictable. 

Thank you so much! We wanted to confirm as we heard from someone we could do it after getting NOA2. This is a tremendous help as we were told the earliest appointment was end of December as of a couple of days ago. We will plan to book our appointment once we get noa2 and allow some time in between for the nvc and then the embassy to receive our information. Glad they didn't have an issue with you doing that. Thank you! 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Emerick said:

I'm hopeful I get to consulate in the next month. Interview slots are so hard to come by, so I had to grab it while I can.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, centric23 said:

I'm hopeful I get to consulate in the next month. Interview slots are so hard to come by, so I had to grab it while I can.

Interesting, the Embassy in Cameroon wouldn’t allow us to schedule and interview or medical exam until they received our documents AND we paid the fee in cash. They have a website that you register for an interview but it clearly states that they will cancel your interview the day of the interview if you schedule before receiving the notice to do so

Timeline
1 hour ago, Emerick said:

Interesting, the Embassy in Cameroon wouldn’t allow us to schedule and interview or medical exam until they received our documents AND we paid the fee in cash. They have a website that you register for an interview but it clearly states that they will cancel your interview the day of the interview if you schedule before receiving the notice to do so

We can't book medical yet, but we paid the fee before booking. That's crazy they'll cancel people's interviews. How's the backlog?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.