JojoandTomas

JUNE 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

180 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

We received notice from the NVC today that our petition is in transit to the embassy and we received our case number.  It took 60 days from NOA2.  But finally!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
4 hours ago, Amelme said:

Thank you for answer :) but did u send email on their email, from their website.🍀

Yes I did, I used their inquiry form from their website to contact them as that’s the only way to contact them as they aren’t answering the phones and they emailed me from that web page service

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Received our email yesterday that we're in transit to London. A long 63 days since NOA2.

I-129F Sent -  April 30 2021
I-129F Received by lockbox (NOA1) - May 4, 2021

I-129F Notification received - May 14, 2021

NOA1 physical copy received - May 22, 2021

NOA2 received - June 14, 2022 

NOA2 physical copy received - June 21, 2022

In transit to embassy - August 16, 2022

Interview (approved) - September 26, 2022

Visa in hand - September 29, 2022

US Entry - October 11, 2022

i-485 filed - January 10, 2023

i-485 approved - April 5, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 8/17/2022 at 12:40 AM, S@M said:

We received notice from the NVC today that our petition is in transit to the embassy and we received our case number.  It took 60 days from NOA2.  But finally!

Did you get any update or notification after your NOA1 got approved till you received your email saying it’s on its way to embassy? Or do we just wait with no updates? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

We received nothing after NOA2 till we received the email saying our petition was in transit to the embassy.  Interestingly, after 3 days, when checking the status on the embassy tracking website using using our case number, it now says “ready”, which I think means we can now possibly schedule our interview and complete what they say is necessary prior to the interview.

Timeline
1 hour ago, S@M said:

We received nothing after NOA2 till we received the email saying our petition was in transit to the embassy.  Interestingly, after 3 days, when checking the status on the embassy tracking website using using our case number, it now says “ready”, which I think means we can now possibly schedule our interview and complete what they say is necessary prior to the interview.

Yes congratulations!! Please don’t forget to update your timeline so others with similar timelines can follow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 8/18/2022 at 8:03 PM, S@M said:

I see! Thank you for the reply. 
It makes me happy you hear you’re moving a step closer to being together:)
it’s so concerning the fact that they only send you an email to notify because they seem so unreliable when it comes to sending emails. 
Even between NOA1 and NOA2, my fiancé SOMETIMES received email updates and SOMETIMES didn’t. 

Their work is so inconsistent it’s almost offensive. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
24 minutes ago, sourumeboshi said:

My head is spinning I was tracking our papers getting to Auckland and they landed TODAY and we got the packet three TODAY. Now scrambling to get it all together. My stress levels are out the gate

Congrats,  will be keeping an eye on your updates

Timeline

Me and my fiancé case has been changed from in transit to ready, we are now waiting for the Embassy to contact him and give us our interview date, medical exam appointment and invoice#.

On 8/21/2022 at 5:03 AM, Amelme said:

Does anyone know what paperwork will I need when I get my letter from NVC, I mean on papers from my fiance from USA? 🧡

Mainly just the I-134 (fiance from USA) filled out and signed. He / She will need tax returns for 2021 (ideally last 3 years) and a few months pay stubs as proof of financial support. You (non USA) will bring these and a bunch of other documents to your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.