madmanmike

June 2022 K-1 I-129f Filers

662 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, meladee said:

I've been tracking daily data for previous months. From what I've observed, this is what I expect to happen:

• This week (Jun 26-30) will be really good, and they will likely start touching July cases ~Friday.
  • Next week (Jul 3-7) will be just as good, if not better, as they ease into July (for daily processing at least, the holiday will impact the weekly total)
  • The following two weeks (Jul 10-21) will still be pretty good but begin to slow
  • Processing will properly slow down around when August cases are started, ~July 24.

All that to say, I would give it until July 24 before you are too concerned about being in the "left behind" group.

Great pep talk. Thank you for this. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline

My silly question of the day. 

Does the USCIS system update each day all at once, at a specific time every day? Or do they record approvals randomly as they happen? I don’t mean the daily totals. I mean if someone gets approved, are the approvals batch updated, or updated as they happen?

I mean, I haunt the app looking for updates, seems like dozens of times per day. It would be nice to know when the best time of the day to check for approval would be. 

Edited by madmanmike

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I can't believe this. So they started July while there are June ranges that are still untouched. I am angry and hurt. This is cruelty. I still pray we get approved soon 😥💔

Edited by LoveIsLaw

13 hours ago, madmanmike said:

My silly question of the day. 

Does the USCIS system update each day all at once, at a specific time every day? Or do they record approvals randomly as they happen? I don’t mean the daily totals. I mean if someone gets approved, are the approvals batch updated, or updated as they happen?

I mean, I haunt the app looking for updates, seems like dozens of times per day. It would be nice to know when the best time of the day to check for approval would be. 

I think they approve as they work on the applications not by the end of the day. I am following  alot of groups, all shows that people get approved throughout the day. 

It sucks to see they jumped maybe 7 days of applications 21 june-28 june and started on july, not sure about how they operate, but it angers everyone who applied before and still waiting. MY noah 1 is on the 23rd of june and still waiting. coincidentally, my sister applied also for her fiancee and her NOA1 is on the 27th of may, she is still waiting, she is seeing june approvals and now july, she feels left behind. now I am starting to feel the same...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, antoutz1 said:

I think they approve as they work on the applications not by the end of the day. I am following  alot of groups, all shows that people get approved throughout the day. 

It sucks to see they jumped maybe 7 days of applications 21 june-28 june and started on july, not sure about how they operate, but it angers everyone who applied before and still waiting. MY noah 1 is on the 23rd of june and still waiting. coincidentally, my sister applied also for her fiancee and her NOA1 is on the 27th of may, she is still waiting, she is seeing june approvals and now july, she feels left behind. now I am starting to feel the same...

I honestly think Im going to give up everything and withdrawal my petition bcs I know we will never get touched bcs Im a 27 June filer

Edited by Elays

37 minutes ago, Elays said:

I honestly think Im going to give up everything and withdrawal my petition bcs I know we will never get touched bcs Im a 27 June filer

I am a late May filer who got approved shortly after they started June. You're on day 367 and most approvals still take roughly 390 days - so hang in there, it is coming.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nikobe said:

I am a late May filer who got approved shortly after they started June. You're on day 367 and most approvals still take roughly 390 days - so hang in there, it is coming.

June 9th here. 385 days. 

FIFO is not a difficult concept. First in/first  out. Yes. The govt method is enraging. Unfair just don’t even start to describe the feeling when you see others after you get approved. 

Timeline

image.thumb.png.c95471b9d29cc5ea89722744146587b7.png

Ok. We’re here. Let’sgo!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
9 minutes ago, GPJB said:

Is anyone else running into issues scanning with the app?

Yes! My script keeps crashing thats why I havent uploaded the scan update yet

USCIS had a tools outage from 28 June to 29 June, Hopefully my script will work this afternoon

1 hour ago, madmanmike said:

June 9th here. 385 days. 

FIFO is not a difficult concept. First in/first  out. Yes. The govt method is enraging. Unfair just don’t even start to describe the feeling when you see others after you get approved. 

I imagine that they give out piles of applications through which one officer will work. So, it is first in first one on the desk, however, you may be at the bottom of the pile while some other officer gets a new pile of applications (which are then obviously filed later than you). And then there are some inexplicable cases (such as December filers still being on hold), which do not make any sense. All in all, the only thing safe to say that this is a ride to insanity.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

June people, hang in there and stay calm. The way I see it, you're already so ahead of the curve with being processed in a year. Having a NOA2 and NOA1 in the same month, but 1 year apart is a HUGE WIN. Most of us early 2022 filers waited 14, 15, 16 months and the majority of June is being approved in around 12 months. This is a great thing that can't be taken for granted. 

Them starting July doesn't mean at all they will stop working on June. And they just started July, it's going to take a while for you to see a significant decrease in activity in your month. But they will keep approving cases. It's too early to say right now you've been left behind. It sucks that maybe you're not in the first wave of approvals, but they are indeed moving faster through months than before.

There's no perfect order in this process. There isn't only one person taking a case at a time. If you look at the big picture, they're still processing cases chronologically, from month to month and inside the months, stating from the beginning to the end. It's bulk of activity instead of a perfect order. It doesn't mean your case was somehow skipped because it's not how that works. They are not taking any LIFO approach with I-129f cases. Some cases get approved first. Other cases get approved later. There are people from February still waiting. There are July filers getting approvals. It's the way it is and it's a matter of pure luck in my opinion, even if your case is simple and you did it all correctly.

Don't let anxiety take over right now. I know, I've been there. But stay patient and know that this whole thing would've taken you 17, 18 months or more if USCIS were not processing record numbers this year.

Take it from @Bh_sarah- I witnessed her (late Feb 2022 filer) get "passed up" day by day and week by week, and finally approved in May if I recall.  IT WILL HAPPEN EVERYONE 🙂 And once it does, you will actually forget about this first phase of NOA2 and move on to the worries of the next phases... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Ok-Mix said:

Take it from @Bh_sarah- I witnessed her (late Feb 2022 filer) get "passed up" day by day and week by week, and finally approved in May if I recall.  IT WILL HAPPEN EVERYONE 🙂 And once it does, you will actually forget about this first phase of NOA2 and move on to the worries of the next phases... 

Yup. I've been obsessing about the Feb numbers since May 2022, so it was not nice seeing people approved daily while I was still waiting. But right now, I feel embarrassed for complaining about being left behind when I know at least 5 real cases from Feb still waiting in the dark with no help whatsoever from a representative. Most surpassing the 500 days.

Oh, and as soon as you get your NOA2, it's like a heavy weight is lifted from you and you forget about the anxiety! NO kidding! haha everyone here will get there, some quicker than others, but then you will all meet again on NVC queue and then go to your embassy with specific timeframes as well. It sucks to see people that filed after you getting approved before, it's indeed unfair. But we'll all get there eventually! Stay strong and keep the community going, we all have a long journey in front of us!

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

13 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

June people, hang in there and stay calm. The way I see it, you're already so ahead of the curve with being processed in a year. Having a NOA2 and NOA1 in the same month, but 1 year apart is a HUGE WIN. Most of us early 2022 filers waited 14, 15, 16 months and the majority of June is being approved in around 12 months. This is a great thing that can't be taken for granted. 

Them starting July doesn't mean at all they will stop working on June. And they just started July, it's going to take a while for you to see a significant decrease in activity in your month. But they will keep approving cases. It's too early to say right now you've been left behind. It sucks that maybe you're not in the first wave of approvals, but they are indeed moving faster through months than before.

There's no perfect order in this process. There isn't only one person taking a case at a time. If you look at the big picture, they're still processing cases chronologically, from month to month and inside the months, stating from the beginning to the end. It's bulk of activity instead of a perfect order. It doesn't mean your case was somehow skipped because it's not how that works. They are not taking any LIFO approach with I-129f cases. Some cases get approved first. Other cases get approved later. There are people from February still waiting. There are July filers getting approvals. It's the way it is and it's a matter of pure luck in my opinion, even if your case is simple and you did it all correctly.

Don't let anxiety take over right now. I know, I've been there. But stay patient and know that this whole thing would've taken you 17, 18 months or more if USCIS were not processing record numbers this year.

Yes! I am thankful for your voice of reason and positive vibes injected into this thread.

When I received our NOA1 June 28, 2022 I remember that a 13 month minimun was to be expected.

Indeed we need to grateful that June is already even being processed ....and count our blessings.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.