xzsca10

Frankfurt Medical Exam Requirement Help

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

Our CR-1 interview is in mid July however the earliest medical examination appointment we were able to get in Frankfurt is for September 15th. I am worried we will have to cancel/delay our interview and we have waited over a year and half. Can anyone please give guidance on this, or any other possible solutions? 

Edited by Ceofromthevalley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What @Misscloud said - NEVER miss your interview.  You'll get put into AP until the results are in, but that's better than trying to reschedule.  

Also, can you please fill out your timeline? https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=368386

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

23 minutes ago, mam521 said:

What @Misscloud said - NEVER miss your interview.  You'll get put into AP until the results are in, but that's better than trying to reschedule.  

Also, can you please fill out your timeline? https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=368386

35 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

go to the interview.  never cancelled / delay

u probably got RFE for medical

Appreciate you two, thank you! We decided not to reschedule and upon further googling, My wife and I managed to make an appointment in London for next week. It’s a bit far and expensive travel, but worth doing instead of getting delayed. If anyone is in Germany looking for medical apt, UK is faster. Good luck to everyone

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you need to have the medical from one of the drs listed in Germany US embassy site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/FRN-Frankfurt.html

6 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

you need to have the medical from one of the drs listed in Germany US embassy site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/FRN-Frankfurt.html

i thought it can be from outside of country as long as its from the officially listed place 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Ceofromthevalley said:

i thought it can be from outside of country as long as its from the officially listed place 

I know inside the US, you can get a medical done at any civil surgeon in the whole country with no issues, I would double check the ability to get it done in another country. I know the EU is kinda all one country in some ways, but usually wherever you get the medical done they forward it to the embassy, you cannot deliver it, so make sure they will deliver it to the correct embassy and that that is allowed to be done that way. the embassy sets the fees for each country, so the fees may be different ( Not that that is too important), but the ability of it being accepted from outside the normal way is what you need to check on.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Ceofromthevalley said:

read thru the embassy site as it tells it there

each embassy has its list of approved drs

no problem with doing it in September (except its another 2 months of waiting ) but the visa expires 6 months from date of medical exam

Edited by JeanneAdil

1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

I know inside the US, you can get a medical done at any civil surgeon in the whole country with no issues, I would double check the ability to get it done in another country. I know the EU is kinda all one country in some ways, but usually wherever you get the medical done they forward it to the embassy, you cannot deliver it, so make sure they will deliver it to the correct embassy and that that is allowed to be done that way. the embassy sets the fees for each country, so the fees may be different ( Not that that is too important), but the ability of it being accepted from outside the normal way is what you need to check on.

Hey that’s interesting. I’ve actually been in the Germany over the past year and half with her. 

Is the medical examination required from the petitioner as well? It’s only required from the applicant from my understanding 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Ceofromthevalley said:

Hey that’s interesting. I’ve actually been in the Germany over the past year and half with her. 

Is the medical examination required from the petitioner as well? It’s only required from the applicant from my understanding 

Just the intending immigrant is required to do the medical. 

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Timeline

I assume you have tried Berlin, Hamburg, and Munich, in addition to Frankfurt? 

Ukrainian applicants were told they could have the medical done at any panel physician in the EU, as reported in this thread: 

Perhaps if you sent an inquiry to the Frankfurt Consulate to see if you could do the same thing, they might approve it given the backlog in medical. appointments?  Note that even if that's the case and you get approval to do it outside Germeny, you couldnt get it done in the UK, as it is no longer part of the EU.

4 hours ago, jan22 said:

I assume you have tried Berlin, Hamburg, and Munich, in addition to Frankfurt? 

Ukrainian applicants were told they could have the medical done at any panel physician in the EU, as reported in this thread: 

Perhaps if you sent an inquiry to the Frankfurt Consulate to see if you could do the same thing, they might approve it given the backlog in medical. appointments?  Note that even if that's the case and you get approval to do it outside Germeny, you couldnt get it done in the UK, as it is no longer part of the EU.

Hey, yes we have tried all of the cities in Germany and sadly all are booked out till august.

You are right about UK, we managed to land another appointment in France and canceled the UK one. Now I will email the consulate and hopefully they approve. They were unable to answer the question on phone

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 6/7/2022 at 6:49 PM, Ceofromthevalley said:

Hi everyone, 

Our CR-1 interview is in mid July however the earliest medical examination appointment we were able to get in Frankfurt is for September 15th. I am worried we will have to cancel/delay our interview and we have waited over a year and half. Can anyone please give guidance on this, or any other possible solutions? 

I just read you made an appointment in France. I really hope the Consulate approves, as they are fully aware of the growing waiting times.

What you can also do is book an appointment anywhere in Germany through Doctolib and activate email notifications for earlier openings. This is what I did, and I was lucky enough to get a slot 1 week after the interview, when the original appointment I made was 2 months after. I immediately cancelled the others I booked and stuck with the early one in Frankfurt.

In any case, as other users told you, attend the interview no matter what.

Good luck! 🙂

Edited by CaroSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.