RonAnn

June 2022 - AOS Filers

203 posts in this topic

my friend attended the interview yesterday in Queens, NY. 15 mnts only mostly just asked : how do u meet, how long youve been dating. submitted additional evidence,IO scanned and returned all back. IO asked wheres the wedding picture, my friend didnt print it because she submitted in the initial package. she showed it from her cell phone and IO didnt say anything. 

she didnt get verbal approval and the IO said wait up 4 weeks. my friend got panicked and called me after the interview, frantically said " why she didnt say congratulations??? why i didnt get approval?  LOL. i said " u dont need verbal approval and just relax !"

i-130 changed to actively reviewed after the interview yesterday. 24 hours later, both i-130 and i-485 approved ( today)

Edited by Misscloud

On 2/2/2023 at 11:15 AM, PostitTombow said:

All,

K1 Visa filed for in March 2020

K1 Approval March  2022

AOS filed in June 2022

Biometrics in July 2022

First RFE August 2022

EAD in October 2022 

Second RFE January 27, 2023 (Responded same day)

Green Card February 1, 2023

What a journey!

Curious to know what your RFEs were for? 👀👀 I had wondered what happens if you get more than one!

On 2/9/2023 at 3:46 PM, sourumeboshi said:

Curious to know what your RFEs were for? 👀👀 I had wondered what happens if you get more than one!

Happy to share! The first one was for additional financial documents on the sponsorship. The second was for the actually stamped copy of the marriage certificate as the clerks office took about three months to actually get that back to us! Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all, Some excellent news! We filed our Adjustment of Status (I-485) from a K-1 visa with a receipt date of 06/08/2022. Last Friday, 02/17/2023, our status for the I-485 was changed to Approved without interview. I don't know if our organization helped or we were just lucky. When assembling our package, we read every instruction, question, and answer about 5 times. We also put removable tabs on every sheet. We also paid for (and sent) certified marriage certificates since the seal is embossed and does not appear in the PDF scan. Or maybe it was our turn - our I-129F and K-1 forms took disproportionately long to approve.

I-131 and I-765 are still in process - I presume they will be cancelled.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/20/2023 at 7:50 PM, WeekendPizzaiolo said:

Hi all, Some excellent news! We filed our Adjustment of Status (I-485) from a K-1 visa with a receipt date of 06/08/2022. Last Friday, 02/17/2023, our status for the I-485 was changed to Approved without interview. I don't know if our organization helped or we were just lucky. When assembling our package, we read every instruction, question, and answer about 5 times. We also put removable tabs on every sheet. We also paid for (and sent) certified marriage certificates since the seal is embossed and does not appear in the PDF scan. Or maybe it was our turn - our I-129F and K-1 forms took disproportionately long to approve.

I-131 and I-765 are still in process - I presume they will be cancelled.

Good news! We finally received the green card in the mail today! Here was the timeline:

06/08/2022 Receipt date of I-485

02/17/2023 I-485 approved without interview

02/23/2023 Card was produced (via USCIS case status)

02/25/2023 Card was mailed (via USPS tracking history - no update on USCIS case status)

02/28/2023 Card was delivered (via USPS informed delivery - again, no update on USCIS case status)

🎊🥳

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I received an RFE Yesterday asking me to submit my I-693 for medical examination. I have one question, the doctor is saying I need the hepatitis B vaccine, which it is my understanding there are 3 doses. Is someone here familiarized with the process of requesting a waiver, based that I won't be able to complete the full schedule for this? I appreciate any help or guidance you can provide. Also, what if the person does not want to get vaccinated for hepatitis B?

Thank you,

On 3/7/2023 at 1:43 AM, EDDIE95 said:

I have received rfe for i693. I sent it back with i693 with signed and everything.

I believe this should be the last step before approval?

Status is still saying "request RFE" after 2 weeks of sending back i693.

2 hours ago, Camicamira said:

Hi Everyone!

I received an RFE Yesterday asking me to submit my I-693 for medical examination. I have one question, the doctor is saying I need the hepatitis B vaccine, which it is my understanding there are 3 doses. Is someone here familiarized with the process of requesting a waiver, based that I won't be able to complete the full schedule for this? I appreciate any help or guidance you can provide. Also, what if the person does not want to get vaccinated for hepatitis B?

Thank you,

if i remembered u can take the first dose and submitted the medical with the promise u going to finish 2nd and 3rd dose. so u dont have to wait until the series is completed. talk with ur civic surgeon, i bet u, u are not the only one with that issue. 

whats the reason a person doesnt want to get vaccinated for hepatitis B? " i just dont want it" is not strong enough to be exempt. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 3/14/2023 at 10:30 AM, Misscloud said:

if i remembered u can take the first dose and submitted the medical with the promise u going to finish 2nd and 3rd dose. so u dont have to wait until the series is completed. talk with ur civic surgeon, i bet u, u are not the only one with that issue. 

whats the reason a person doesnt want to get vaccinated for hepatitis B? " i just dont want it" is not strong enough to be exempt. 

Thank you. I am allergic to penicillin and other things. That is what I thought I could get a waiver. However, I did take the vaccine. 

I am just waiting for the civil surgeon to provide me with the results of the medical examination to submit to USCIS.

Thank you for all your kind help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Our I-485 got Approved.  I revoked the I-129 once my Ukranian fiancee crossed Mexico border and entered USA. Got married in couple of weeks, applied for the AOS on June-06-2022 and got approval email on March-26-2023 !! We were looking forward to the travel document to visit parents abroad, but got GC approved faster than that !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.