devusr

Case Processing Times confusion

7 posts in this topic

The case processing times used to have a date on month + year cases they were processing but now it has been changed to number of months. Mine is at the Texas Center and it's estimated 11.5 months. However, before this change I noted that they were processing August, 2021. Mine was filed in January, 2022.

How much more do I need to wait? We're trying to start a family...we're both not getting any younger. Does the 11.5 months cover the ENTIRE process OR only the USCIS stage?

It is really unfair and unbelievable that this country would keep a man and his wife apart for no absolute reason other than "worthless" (IMO) checks. Look at other countries like Switzerland.

Matthew 19:6:

Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder

Edited by devusr

~~ Topic moved from IR1/CR1 Process to Progress Reports ~~

If you scroll down you can input your receipt date to see when you can submit an inquiry for an outside processing time request. I put January 29, 2022 to see what it gives and it says earliest you can contact USCIS is April 23, 2023.

26 minutes ago, devusr said:

Does the 11.5 months cover the ENTIRE process OR only the USCIS stage?

USCIS only.

26 minutes ago, devusr said:

It is really unfair and unbelievable that this country would keep a man and his wife apart for no absolute reason other than "worthless" (IMO) checks. Look at other countries like Switzerland.

It is what it is. It’s a long and bureaucratic process that requires a great deal of patience. 

Edited by powerpuff

2 hours ago, devusr said:

The case processing times used to have a date on month + year cases they were processing but now it has been changed to number of months. Mine is at the Texas Center and it's estimated 11.5 months. However, before this change I noted that they were processing August, 2021. Mine was filed in January, 2022.

How much more do I need to wait? We're trying to start a family...we're both not getting any younger. Does the 11.5 months cover the ENTIRE process OR only the USCIS stage?

It might feel long to you. But, remember when your partner arrives to the USA they are immediately an LPR. 

If you research most other countries path to LPR status through spouse and path to citizenship take a lot longer. 

And ability to stay in the country is contingent on remaining in the marriage. 

Switzerland looks to be fairly tedious. It appears you can only become a permanent residence after living in Switzerland for 10 years. There is also a language requirement involved in obtaining the visa. What information did you see showing it was easy?

Here in Korea, when you marry a Korean you get a spousal visa. But, you are required to renew the visa every 1-3 years (depending on the whim of the officer). 

Recently, they changed the rules and it appears if you are not working (and you do not have children) they'll only renew the visa for an additional 6 months. 

If you want to become a permanent resident you need to take a 400+ hour Korean Integration course over a period of 2 years and complete several hours of community service. 

In my country, the spousal visa does not confer any work rights. You can only work when you become a permanent resident. Unless you're able to secure your own work visa-a tedious process in itself. 

Please fill out your timeline and add you country to your profile. You'll be able to know how long it is currently taking for people interviewing out of the same consulate. 

After USCIS stage- you will move to NVC and apply for the visa. That process is currently taking 75 days (after you submit all required documents). If you make an error. You have to re-submit the requested information and will wait an additional 75 days. Then you need to wait for interview letter. I think you partner is from Sri Lanka. You can follow VJ generated Sri Lanka timelines here.

Edited by ROK2USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

it is a decision we have all decided to make  / to marry and follow the process to bring our loved one here /whether spouse , fiancee, parent or sibling 

the government is not trying to keep us apart but has given us the necessary information on how to apply and supply all the supporting documents needed to do this and keep us safe and secure in the future / that is why the security checks ,  and all the other steps are to be done e

they even have income requirements to make sure we can afford to sponsor / if all is done properly,  it also protects and provides financial security to the intending immigrant who is leaving all family and friends and his/her country behind and even if his country is a poor one,  it is hard on a person to leave family behind 

i suspect for Sri Lanka, u r looking at a 2 year process to get an interview scheduled and hopefully going into AP for the additional work after interview without a denial 

some of us have gone the long distance to be united / check out some timelines of other members  / read embassy reviews and understand this process is not fast,  cheap or easy

Thanks for the replies.

I have another question. My NOA1 date (online filed) was 01/11/2022 and USCIS started actively reviewing on 03/05/2022. If it takes 11.5 months according the case processing status page, why is the earliest date I can contact USCIS about the status on 04/23/2022?? Isn't it supposed to be from 01/11/2022?

3 minutes ago, devusr said:

Thanks for the replies.

I have another question. My NOA1 date (online filed) was 01/11/2022 and USCIS started actively reviewing on 03/05/2022. If it takes 11.5 months according the case processing status page, why is the earliest date I can contact USCIS about the status on 04/23/2022?? Isn't it supposed to be from 01/11/2022?

The range is 11.5 to 13.5 months. 11.5 is the lowest number from the estimate range. They go by the highest which is 13.5. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.