Nep

I-693 form confusion on the way civil surgeon filled the form

16 posts in this topic

The civil surgeon didn’t include last page 14 of I-693 form (additional information page which was blank) in the sealed envelope? Is this normal to do it this way because the page is blank? Also, the doctor used correction tape to correct errors even though USCIS says do not use correction tape. I took one shot of varicella vaccine few days back and I will submit I-693 form without waiting for the next dose and the doctor marked “X” in “complete series” box but I think the mark should have been on “insufficient time interval” box. I tried to speak but her response for everything was like doesn’t matter and I just became quiet, couldn’t say anything after that. I am worried that I will get RFE. Processing times are already high and I wanted to avoid any possible RFEs and now this happened. Any inputs will be highly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

All pages have to be included. Tell your doctor that

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

6 hours ago, Timona said:

All pages have to be included. Tell your doctor that

Yes, I emailed her regarding this concern. Hope she replies soon. She had told that she would go for vacation after few days, just hoping that she replies soon and this doesnt get delayed. My husband already wants to submit everything soon. The doctor was not willing to listen to anything in the last visit. She had done few errors, I pointed that out, she didnt care at the beginning, later on she told me yes you are correct. She talks really nice but while doing the paperwork she behaved so differently. I was the one who searched this doctor, such a weird situation I fell into. Thank you for your reply!

Filed: Timeline
On 5/26/2022 at 2:34 PM, Nep said:

The civil surgeon didn’t include last page 14 of I-693 form (additional information page which was blank) in the sealed envelope? Is this normal to do it this way because the page is blank? Also, the doctor used correction tape to correct errors even though USCIS says do not use correction tape. I took one shot of varicella vaccine few days back and I will submit I-693 form without waiting for the next dose and the doctor marked “X” in “complete series” box but I think the mark should have been on “insufficient time interval” box. I tried to speak but her response for everything was like doesn’t matter and I just became quiet, couldn’t say anything after that. I am worried that I will get RFE. Processing times are already high and I wanted to avoid any possible RFEs and now this happened. Any inputs will be highly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Did you open the sealed envelope? 

5 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Did you open the sealed envelope? 

No, I didnt open the sealed envelope. She gave us a copy so when I came home and looked at the copy, I didn’t see the last page. I mentioned this to my husband and he told that the doctor told him in the office that last page is blank so not required. My husband doesnt know about cases of RFEs and all these things so he just believed the doctor. I didnt know about this in the office, I was still looking at the vaccination page but she was in such a hurry that she already made the envelope. Regarding the correction tape and error in the vaccination page, I wanted to talk about this in the office but the doctor was not willing to listen to me and I couldnt say anything. Even if I had known about the last page, I think she would have just made me quiet the way she made me quiet regarding other things. I thought a lot and finally emailed her but she has not responded yet. I will contact her on Monday.

is there any other staff beside the doctor? in my experience, after my doctor appointment, i notice something ( on the copy) that lead me to ask question, i just asked the receptionist and she be able to answer that question. since you paid for their service, u are definitely allowed to question the document. i will talk with other people ( who work there) if your doctor is " difficult". i wont send it to uscis if clearly there's issue on it. try to avoid RFE

On 6/1/2022 at 10:42 AM, Misscloud said:

is there any other staff beside the doctor? in my experience, after my doctor appointment, i notice something ( on the copy) that lead me to ask question, i just asked the receptionist and she be able to answer that question. since you paid for their service, u are definitely allowed to question the document. i will talk with other people ( who work there) if your doctor is " difficult". i wont send it to uscis if clearly there's issue on it. try to avoid RFE

Hi, the doctor is the only person in the office. Today I had an appointment to get a new form to include date for Hepatitis B because I got to know few days back that  the requirement was changed for Hepatitis B. It is now required through 59 years old. Even to get today’s appointment, it was difficult lol. Few days back, I sent her an email regarding the change in Hepatitis B requirement and she didn’t reply and then I called her, she insisted that its not required and I kept on telling that there has been a change and she had signed our form after the change without the date for Hepatitis B. She didn’t even look at my email to view the link from CDC and was just trying to convince me the other way and I kept on telling her to look at the CDC link in my email once. She told she will check and call back. She then called back and then appreciated that I informed her. Today when we met, she told me you are so good and while filling the paperwork she made some error again and when I mentioned about that she didn’t talk nicely again lol, but anyways thats fine. We sorted everything for complete pages, Hepatitis B vaccine, varicella vaccine, correction tape issue. I really don’t want RFE so did all this but if in any way RFE comes (due to expired form, lost form, any other such reasons) then that’s fine because at least now these things have been done the correct and proper way. 

17 hours ago, Nep said:

Today I had an appointment to get a new form to include date for Hepatitis B because I got to know few days back that  the requirement was changed for Hepatitis B. It is now required through 59 years old.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I didn't notice that the CDC vaccination table for immigrants now lists Hep B vaccine as required through 59 years old.  Would you happen to have a link to the memo when the change was made?

On 6/3/2022 at 11:35 AM, Chancy said:

Thanks for pointing this out.  I didn't notice that the CDC vaccination table for immigrants now lists Hep B vaccine as required through 59 years old.  Would you happen to have a link to the memo when the change was made?

Hi, no problem! I will try to attach the link very soon. Till then I would like to let you know that the change is effective from May 21, 2022. Change was made on May 20, 2022 but for those who completed the form on or before May 20, this change will not be applicable. You can update this change. I got to know about this change from a very helpful person. I will make a post too so that others will get to know about the change.

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-p.pdf

USCIS update Hepatitis B vaccine May 2022.jpg

Edited by Nep

15 minutes ago, Nep said:

I would like to let you know that the change is effective from May 21, 2022. Change was made on May 20, 2022 but for those who completed the form on or before May 20, this change will not be applicable.

Thanks for the info!  Looks to be a very recent change.

34 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Thanks for the info!  Looks to be a very recent change.

No problem! I don’t know how the civil surgeons get notified about any change that happens but wish all of them would be updated. My doctor was totally unaware on May 23rd when we signed the form, she just got to know until the last time after I told her. If doctors are still unaware then many will get RFE because of this.

8 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

just warned my friend who did medical today in NYC. i told her to inform the doctor about hep B and the doctor didnt know either

Thats so nice of you! Yes, many doctors are still unaware, wish doctors were updated all the time, many will get RFE because of this. Not all applicants will search on internet so its not possible for everyone to know about every changes and requirements. Luckily, I got to know. Hope many people will get lucky.

Edited by Nep

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/6/2022 at 3:49 PM, Nep said:

No problem! I don’t know how the civil surgeons get notified about any change that happens but wish all of them would be updated. My doctor was totally unaware on May 23rd when we signed the form, she just got to know until the last time after I told her. If doctors are still unaware then many will get RFE because of this.

Hi - we submitted our AOS from K1 in June this year. Medical was done abroad but needed to complete some remaining vaccines, so we saw a civil surgeon to do the rest. Everything was done except Hep B as civil surgeon apparently wasn’t aware of the change. The issue now is that we must respond to the RFE by 12/6, but Hep B vaccine requires 4 weeks between doses (for the 2 dose series). Husband got the first dose today (11/7). Does the 2nd (last) dose have to be completed (and included in RFE response) for his green card to be approved? 

The RFE states: “You must provide the following information in order for us to make a final decision on your case. Submit a completed Form I-693. The Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, that you submitted is incomplete. We need additional medical information to complete your case. The civil surgeon indicated "Not Age Appropriate" for the Hepatitis B vaccination. According to the Centers for Disease Control Prevention (CDC), Hepatitis B vaccine is required up through 59 years of age. Since you are within the age range, you are required to have received the Hepatitis B vaccination.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.