Alix64

I-751 MAY 2022 Filers

359 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

That's what I thought,too.the " old" gc plus letter should be enough. And,visajourney updates estimated approval times: mine went yesterday up from March to June next year.soooooo,maybe really nothing to worry about the speed it's going 😉

Yeah, I hope everything will go smoothly! 

8 hours ago, Alix64 said:

I received my 2years Green Card in the mail box in the US, while I was visiting in France (I travelled with the "green card visa" on my passport). 

What we did is that my husband did a scan (it absolutely has to be a clear different size than the original) of the card, send it to me by mail and I had it printed. This is what I showed at the immigration, and they let me go through. 

So I think you can do a similar thing : if you show your Notification that you got the 10 years GC, and explain that the actual card is being delivered at your home address in the US, you should be just fine. 

This is a nice idea too! But I need to find someone who knows techy stuff to do it for me. Seems like I'm the one doing most of it here at home. 😄

8 hours ago, Alix64 said:

CF: BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT - rescheduling

So I am leaving the US on June 20th for 6 weeks (to visit my family). 

My biometrics appointment is supposed to be on Jun 30th. 😱

I just called USCIS (1 800 375 5283). Asked for an operator right away. Waited half an hour. 

A nice lady took my case. Check my identity (alien number, application number, names, dob, address,  phone, email)

She said : walk ins are not allowed (but we know most centers allow them...).

I explained my case. She cancelled my appointment. 

Told me that an agent is going to call me within 72H. She gave me the phone number the agent would be calling me from. 

And gave me a Request case number. 

I told her that I was coming back August 10th, and asked if it was possible to put a note on my case about that so that they would not reschedule like say early August (when I am not back yet), but they cannot put a note. 

I will try a walk in tomorrow. Or Wednesday since it is supposed to be the best day for it. 

And will keep you posted :)

Can you still walk in if you said they cancelled it already? And wow! I think a 30 minute wait is good enough for USCIS! Good luck! Keep us posted! 😊

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
9 hours ago, Don0 said:

Can you still walk in if you said they cancelled it already? And wow! I think a 30 minute wait is good enough for USCIS! Good luck! Keep us posted! 😊

Hello All

That was my concern too... my husband yesterday was like, "why did you call USCIS? Now the appointment is cancelled! We can't walk in" etc. 

But we went anyway and it went super well (Benefits Center at Oxnard, in California). We showed up at 8am. The security guard, after listening to my problem, asked us to talk to a lady (who was in fact the boss of the center). Super nice and warm. She said "we will take care of you in 30minutes". 

After 20 minutes she called me and another super nice lady took care of me. We did the finger prints and that was it. They stamped the NOA (Biometrics appointment letter) and gave it back to me. It took 10 minutes, so we were back on the road at 8:35am. 

Voilà!  A big relief. 

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

an inquiry below...

I'm linking to it rather than re-posing it so it's not forum spam. Please respond in the other thread with insight/experience.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hello All

That was my concern too... my husband yesterday was like, "why did you call USCIS? Now the appointment is cancelled! We can't walk in" etc. 

But we went anyway and it went super well (Benefits Center at Oxnard, in California). We showed up at 8am. The security guard, after listening to my problem, asked us to talk to a lady (who was in fact the boss of the center). Super nice and warm. She said "we will take care of you in 30minutes". 

After 20 minutes she called me and another super nice lady took care of me. We did the finger prints and that was it. They stamped the NOA (Biometrics appointment letter) and gave it back to me. It took 10 minutes, so we were back on the road at 8:35am. 

Voilà!  A big relief. 

Awesome!👍yes,they're all really nice there i went to Oxnard 2 years ago,too.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Caligirl1 said:

Awesome!👍yes,they're all really nice there i went to Oxnard 2 years ago,too.

Cool! We must be neightbors :)

I'm near Ventura

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

3 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hello All

Voilà!  A big relief. 

Wow! That's such a great experience! Congratulations! 🎉

And by the way, are we all from Cali? Lol!

16 hours ago, Don0 said:

Wow! That's such a great experience! Congratulations! 🎉

And by the way, are we all from Cali? Lol!

Except me LOLOLOL

15 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

Yes,kinda- I'm in Pismo Beach 😃

Ohh WOW!!! I love Pismo beach, such beautiful beach!

Timeline
2 hours ago, mepck said:

Except me LOLOLOL

Ohh WOW!!! I love Pismo beach, such beautiful beach!

🏖 yes,it's paradise for me😉😎

1 hour ago, r&jn said:

You've got another Ohio friend over here! 😁

My colleague is from Ohio 👍

2 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

🏖 yes,it's paradise for me😉😎

My colleague is from Ohio 👍

Lucky you! Enjoy to the max! :)

3 hours ago, r&jn said:

You've got another Ohio friend over here! 😁

OH!!! Hello there neighbor! :) We have the same timeline and LIN as well! 

Edited by mepck

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Don0 said:

Just want to update here that I had my biometrics appointment earlier and my case now shows "Case was updated to fingerprints were taken." 😊

Awesome 👌 

9 hours ago, Don0 said:

Just want to update here that I had my biometrics appointment earlier and my case now shows "Case was updated to fingerprints were taken." 😊

Congratulations! Mine is still nothing since the last 24 months extension letter lol, hopefully I will hear about the biometrics soon..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.