Alix64

I-751 MAY 2022 Filers

359 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Are you guys going to do the N400 after this? Or during this? Or not at all?

I just realised that you must have lived minimum 5 years in the US to apply for citizenship...

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

1 minute ago, Alix64 said:

I just realised that you must have lived minimum 5 years in the US to apply for citizenship...

Not entirely correct it's  the 3 year or 5 year rule, look it up!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Not entirely correct it's  the 3 year or 5 year rule, look it up!

Ow I will look it up! I did not know. I just did the "test" to check on my eligibility, but it says that in my case,  I have to wait 5 years of residency. 

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Yes I saw that too. It seems that USCIS sends files to MSC whenever the other "usual" centers are overloaded with files. Anyway :)

Fast = good,where ever they process it😉 Yes,I want to apply for N-400 as soon as I'm eligible . The last consequential step on this journey!

15 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Yes I saw that too. It seems that USCIS sends files to MSC whenever the other "usual" centers are overloaded with files. Anyway :)

I think I'm going to wait for my green card if the petition isn't done and my window for n400 opens. How about you guys?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Don0 said:

I think I'm going to wait for my green card if the petition isn't done and my window for n400 opens. How about you guys?

Honestly, I'm surprised that the average processing time is about 10 months. I was certain, I'll apply for citizenship while I-751 is still pending- cause that actually would speed up that adjudication, because they can only work on the  N-40] if the conditions are removed.usually you'd have just 1 combined interview: first with your spouse,about removing conditions and then alone,to do the civics and language test . We'll see ,how fast it is going to go.....🤷‍♀️

16 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

Honestly, I'm surprised that the average processing time is about 10 months. I was certain, I'll apply for citizenship while I-751 is still pending- cause that actually would speed up that adjudication, because they can only work on the  N-40] if the conditions are removed.usually you'd have just 1 combined interview: first with your spouse,about removing conditions and then alone,to do the civics and language test . We'll see ,how fast it is going to go.....🤷‍♀️

Oh really? I was just thinking I would want to hold on to something like a card rather than just a paper. Lol! Since if I would not wait for the 10 year green card, then it would be longer. But yeah, we'll see! 😊

Hello everyone! Finally I am back in this forum, after 2 year off on Conditional GC lol.. I submitted my ROC on May 23rd by UPS (not as thick as others, only 200 pages  -2.5lbs lol), it get delivered at Elgin Lockbox on May 25th. Today, May 31st I got a pending Credit Card Charges from Elgin Lockbox and this afternoon I received a text message with LIN case number. Hopefully won't be too bad for Nebraska, from USCIS approx. 17.5 months. Patiently waiting for my NOA1 letter.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Don0 said:

Also saw on my informed delivery that a mail is coming from USCIS! 

Awesome 👍

22 minutes ago, mepck said:

Hello everyone! Finally I am back in this forum, after 2 year off on Conditional GC lol.. I submitted my ROC on May 23rd by UPS (not as thick as others, only 200 pages  -2.5lbs lol), it get delivered at Elgin Lockbox on May 25th. Today, May 31st I got a pending Credit Card Charges from Elgin Lockbox and this afternoon I received a text message with LIN case number. Hopefully won't be too bad for Nebraska, from USCIS approx. 17.5 months. Patiently waiting for my NOA1 letter.

Should be there soon! Great!

Timeline

That is great mepck and welcome! 

Good news for you too Don0!

I have just received by post the actualI-797 Notice of Action "your conditional permanent resident status is extended for 24 months from the expiration date on" the green card. :)

A question: does the 10year card start A) on the day we will actually get the 10 year card OR B) from the expiration date of our 2year GC.

My guess is B, but just asking. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Alix64 said:

That is great mepck and welcome! 

Good news for you too Don0!

I have just received by post the actualI-797 Notice of Action "your conditional permanent resident status is extended for 24 months from the expiration date on" the green card. :)

A question: does the 10year card start A) on the day we will actually get the 10 year card OR B) from the expiration date of our 2year GC.

My guess is B, but just asking. 

It should start after interview/ approval,like the conditional greencard.bc my interview/ approval was on 08.12 2022 and that's also the date on my greencard.

Just now, Caligirl1 said:

It should start after interview/ approval,like the conditional greencard.bc my interview/ approval was on 08.12 2022 and that's also the date on my greencard.

Not 2022... lol...2020🤣🤣

Edited by Caligirl1
Typo

2 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

Not 2022... lol...2020🤣🤣

Yeah I agree with this like from the date of the approval. 😊

And I also got my NOA from the mail today! 

6 hours ago, mepck said:

Welcome! We almost have the same timeline! Sent it on the 23rd, got a text on the 27th, got check encashed today 31st and got NOA letter today 31st.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.