J&D1008

MAY 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

342 posts in this topic

I was also very excited when they started May but now that excitement is completely gone.  They are definitely more focused on June now.  I'm very nervous that I will be waiting into the Fall just for NOA2.  I would feel better if USCIS would just be transparent as to why this happens.  Honesty and transparency goes along way.  I feel like my file has fallen under someone's desk and I can't even bring it to their attention until November when our inquiry date arrives. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I dont understand why my earliest date to contact USCIS is Nov 30 of 2023 when even based on their time frame i should have heard something from them within the next 2 months even tho im May11th an it seems about close to 80% ( my numbers could also be off here)  if not slightly over for the month of May is done... So im wondering if they USCIS is hitting each month hard for the 80% mark and then moving on so as to show progress... I dont know maybe im grasping at straws. Im just trying to understand...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/26/2023 at 1:48 AM, Roy an Panitta said:

I dont understand why my earliest date to contact USCIS is Nov 30 of 2023 when even based on their time frame i should have heard something from them within the next 2 months even tho im May11th an it seems about close to 80% ( my numbers could also be off here)  if not slightly over for the month of May is done... So im wondering if they USCIS is hitting each month hard for the 80% mark and then moving on so as to show progress... I dont know maybe im grasping at straws. Im just trying to understand...

I-129f inquiry date isn't based on 80% of the cases, but 93% of the cases (they do not publish this number). It's about 18 months last I saw.
They may have slowed down on May and moved the bulk of activity to June, but they are still working on May, April, March, even earlier cases. Hope you get an approval soon!

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

I-129f inquiry date isn't based on 80% of the cases, but 93% of the cases (they do not publish this number). It's about 18 months last I saw.
They may have slowed down on May and moved the bulk of activity to June, but they are still working on May, April, March, even earlier cases. Hope you get an approval soon!

thanks for the info... make's sence now... yes we noticed yesterday their still working Mar, Apr, an May cases.. so were in the running.. thanks again for yur time

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, kxp said:

Does anyone know how many May cases are left to be processed overall? It looks like the May-specific spreadsheet is no longer being updated. 

I saw something this week showing just under 600 cases untouched for May 2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 7/6/2023 at 7:41 PM, Ok-Mix said:

I saw something this week showing just under 600 cases untouched for May 2022

It will be under 500 by next week, 14% still unotuched

I wish you all get approved soon, this week has not been good for processing cases due to the 4 July

On 6/22/2023 at 8:23 AM, maryliz said:

I was also very excited when they started May but now that excitement is completely gone.  They are definitely more focused on June now.  I'm very nervous that I will be waiting into the Fall just for NOA2.  I would feel better if USCIS would just be transparent as to why this happens.  Honesty and transparency goes along way.  I feel like my file has fallen under someone's desk and I can't even bring it to their attention until November when our inquiry date arrives. 

I agree, I also started in May of 2022 and see that they are processing more of June rather than finishing the previous months. There does not seem to be a pattern as to how the process the cases but knowing that we are not the only ones is a little more comforting. I hope someone can give us insight on why there is no order. I have to wait until Mid December before I am allowed to question it. 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, K+S said:

Approved today, so relieved. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Congrats ❤️❤️❤️ I'm so happy for you ❤️❤️❤️

I've been following May filers for long time bcs I'm a June filer, I'm having bad days bcs of all this waiting that I wish you all get approved soon🙏🏻🙏🏻 and my case hopefully soon too😭😭

Timeline

Congrats for the 43 Approved/RFES cases yesterday for May filers☺️

Guys you are going to be less than 500 untouched cases (12,5%) tomorrow 13 July🌈

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Elays said:

Congrats for the 43 Approved/RFES cases yesterday for May filers☺️

Guys you are going to be less than 500 untouched cases (12,5%) tomorrow 13 July🌈

Thanks for keeping track of our group:)
Crossing fingers your approval is close👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.