podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,589 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

Thanks for the quick reply!

• Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Marriage: 03-01-2014

I-130 Sent : 04-21-2014 I-130 Received at USCIS : 04-23-2014 I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 04-27-2014 (Waiting Period Started) :clock: I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 09-12-2014 :wow: Case sent to NVC by USCIS : 09-23-2014 NVC Case Received : 10-07-2014 Case Number Received : 10-27-2014 :idea: Completed DS-261,Paid AOS Fee : 11-05-2014 AOS Fee Showing Paid : 11-08-2014 IV Fee Generated and Paid : 11-11-2014 IV Fee showing Paid : 11-14-2014 Completed DS-260 : 11-15-2014 (Searching for Joint Sponsor) :clock: AOS & IV Package sent : 01-20-2015 NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 01-22-2015 (60 Days waiting period starts) Case sent for supervisor review : 04-03-2015 (Due to no response till 70 days) Case Completed at NVC: 04-09-2015 :dancing: (After only 7 days in supervisor review) Interview Scheduled: 04-28-2015 (Confirmed by Phone call to NVC) (P4) Interview Letter : 04-29-2015 Status showed "In Transit" : 05-13-2015 Status showed "Ready" : 05-14-2015 Medical : 05-20-2015 (Alhamdulilah Went well) Interview: 06-09-2015 (Alhamdulilah Approved) worldwide Technical problem in visa printing : 06-09-2015 Visa Issued : 07-01-2015 :energy:(Alhamdulilah) Visa in Hand : 07-04-2015 (Islamabad Amex)(Alhamdulilah) POE at Chicago : 07-23-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, VisaNoob said:

@gr8life it's not in the first step, it's at the end, see attached screenshot:

image.png.b2a51c757f5954db20406c3d3c8d6470.png

if you're on desktop it's on the top right part of the page, where your profile is shaped like a letterimage.png.0a03a65e1cf02dcff71870eeb40b4b9d.png

Thanks 👍

@podeena Or anyone else here who can help that would be great i have a question

my question is which spouse fills out the i864 if this is a joint sponsor. Would it be the main tax filer spouse who has lower income or the spose with higher income, who is NOT main tax filer and both these spouses filed IRS taxes as "Married Jointly". I believe it doesnt matter which spouse fills out the i864 because either way a i864A is needed and we can use other spouse income in the i864A.

Can anyone confirm if i am wrong or right? Thank you.

Timeline

Hi All members here I'm so Glad that I started this thread years ago to see how these post helping members here and everyone pitch in to help make me so happy at least still world is not empty from good people that exist.  Please keep helping each others. IA everyone have happy ending in this painful immigration journey 🙏🏽 thanks again and good luck all.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Zs10102 said:

my question is which spouse fills out the i864 if this is a joint sponsor. Would it be the main tax filer spouse who has lower income or the spose with higher income, who is NOT main tax filer and both these spouses filed IRS taxes as "Married Jointly". I believe it doesnt matter which spouse fills out the i864 because either way a i864A is needed and we can use other spouse income in the i864A.

@Zs10102 if I understand you correct your question is who fill out i864 so that's your sponsor who is your wife or husband if their income is low then u can have a joint sponsor whoever relative wants to fill that form and there is only one spouse? Wife or husband other is joint sponsor. I hope I answered your question.

2 minutes ago, podeena said:

@Zs10102 if I understand you correct your question is who fill out i864 so that's your sponsor who is your wife or husband if their income is low then u can have a joint sponsor whoever relative wants to fill that form and there is only one spouse? Wife or husband other is joint sponsor. I hope I answered your question.

Here is my case

I filled out i864 when case was in NVC and i didnt need joint sponsor and NVC approved my wifes case

BUT now, my income is not enough to sponsor my wife. But my sister can be my joint sponsor, but question is would my sister joint sponsor or her husband who on IRS tax documents is the main filer, this is my question. Now what i believe is it doesnt matter if my sister or her husband fill out the i864 because either way i would need one of them to fill out i864A. And also my sister is the one who has higher income than her husband. I hope you get what i am trying to say now, thanks.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, gr8life said:

@VisaNoob

Thanks for pointing that out. However when I try to choose a visa category I don't see CR2 as an option. I see IR2 but no option for CR2.

options.png

You can probably default to IR2 in that case if since technically the priority/cohort is the same. This is used for delivery of your passport so not indicative of your case

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Zs10102 said:

Here is my case

I filled out i864 when case was in NVC and i didnt need joint sponsor and NVC approved my wifes case

BUT now, my income is not enough to sponsor my wife. But my sister can be my joint sponsor, but question is would my sister joint sponsor or her husband who on IRS tax documents is the main filer, this is my question. Now what i believe is it doesnt matter if my sister or her husband fill out the i864 because either way i would need one of them to fill out i864A. And also my sister is the one who has higher income than her husband. I hope you get what i am trying to say now, thanks.

Yes your sister is your joint sponsor you are right 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Zs10102 said:

@Zs10102 If you need to use both of the their incomes to qualify then you'd need both of them to fill out a i864A form because one income is not enough. However, if you can just use the one that makes more money to qualify then just a single i865A should suffice (https://www.lawfirm4immigrants.com/joint-sponsor-i864-affidavit-of-support/#:~:text=What If the Additional Sponsor,his or her household member.)

1 minute ago, VisaNoob said:

@Zs10102 If you need to use both of the their incomes to qualify then you'd need both of them to fill out a i864A form because one income is not enough. However, if you can just use the one that makes more money to qualify then just a single i865A should suffice (https://www.lawfirm4immigrants.com/joint-sponsor-i864-affidavit-of-support/#:~:text=What If the Additional Sponsor,his or her household member.)

No my sister and her husband dont live with me so i believe it would go like this

1. I fill out i864

2. My sister or her spouse fills out i864, now who fills it out is my question does my sister with way higher income fill it out or her husband with lower income BUT he is the main tax filer and both filed together as "married jointly"

3. Either way who ever fills out the i864, someone must still fill out the i864A, because i864A is always required if joint sponsor has a spouse.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Zs10102 said:

No my sister and her husband dont live with me so i believe it would go like this

1. I fill out i864

2. My sister or her spouse fills out i864, now who fills it out is my question does my sister with way higher income fill it out or her husband with lower income BUT he is the main tax filer and both filed together as "married jointly"

3. Either way who ever fills out the i864, someone must still fill out the i864A, because i864A is always required if joint sponsor has a spouse.

Ah I see then it's best to make your sister who makes the most be the main sponsor and husband the additional 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.