podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,598 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Raja007 said:

I have read in few fb posts as well but I think the residency requirements still apply here 

I found this 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html

How do I transfer my Immigrant Visa case from one embassy or consulate to another?

If you would like to transfer your Immigrant Visa (IV) case to another embassy or consulate, please follow the steps below:

If your case is at a U.S. embassy or consulate, contact the potential gaining U.S. embassy or consulate in writing to request a transfer of your case. Please include a justification for the request. If you are not a resident of that country, specify that in your request.  

If your petition is being processed at the National Visa Center (NVC), contact the NVC to request the transfer. NVC will transfer cases to another IV processing post if parties provide a written request along with the address in the requested country and the proof of eligibility (citizenship/legal residency in the requested country or other documentation). This can be provided at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry. In limited circumstances, NVC may need to contact you for additional eligibility requirements. Note that transferring your case might not result in immediate processing as cases are processed in order based on the date the case became documentarily qualified. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

You guys might need to look into this update. Specially the last paragraph.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-worldwide-visa-operations.html

Legal residency or citizenship are still major requirements to transfer your case to another embassy. I don't think anything has changed here.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey guys any new IL?? Or ISL EMBASSY is still got the trophy 🏆 of THE LAZIEST INHUMANE EMBASSY OF THE WORLD  at this point I don't care about any reasoning given by them they're what they are cruel and pathetic.😠😠😠

13 hours ago, AMK2021 said:

I don't think there will be many interview letters next two months bc of the holidays and political env in Pakistan. They will probably just focus on the Afghani cases and expedites. 

If that is the case they should not be taking interviews at all then. They should be stopping the whole process. That is not fair for Pakistan citizen spouse that are waiting for interview for a long time to come to USA with their spouse 

Timeline
On 5/2/2022 at 2:13 AM, podeena said:

We are all keeping track of the slow processing at ISL embassy for IR1/CR1. Wanting to start this thread to share IL/DQ dates, interview tips or questions and spread hope. 😇

Any lastest updates from isl embassy about IR1 visa?

Timeline

https://morrisonurena.com/islamabadir1?fbclid=IwAR15QoVQ6Mpw_8zf6-eNBomvBd0GHMsPrhTKZG-Q897BQa7Ndjk3TzfRpko 

Please join this if you can and were dq'd before Nov 25, 2021. 

Edited by AMK2021

Timeline
16 minutes ago, AMK2021 said:

https://morrisonurena.com/islamabadir1?fbclid=IwAR15QoVQ6Mpw_8zf6-eNBomvBd0GHMsPrhTKZG-Q897BQa7Ndjk3TzfRpko 

Please join this if you can and were dq'd before Nov 25, 2021. 

It is a group lawsuit - due to the unreasonable delays in ISL embassy. It is unhumane what the embassy is doing. 

Edited by AMK2021

On 11/13/2022 at 7:30 AM, AMK2021 said:

Can someone give insight to if that kind of lawsuit would actually benefit us or if it's mostly a scam? I feel we are in a vulnerable situation..

No one can predict the outcome of a lawsuit ad its solely based on the quality of evidence backing it up. More solid evidence a law suit has more chances of it being successful. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

they only covered until March 12 for January 9th interview. Nothing else.  No December interviews

Yes ridiculous I just checked on Instagram, unfortunately we have THE most efficient embassy in the world covering only 2days in 2 months wow 😠😡😥 Shame on them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.