podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,598 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, zaeemshoaib said:

In a recent Facebook Q&A, the Islamabad Embassy confirmed that SIV and DV are going to stay the priority over IR/CR visas. 

This confirms basically what I have been saying: The only way to speed things up and actually put pressure on the embassy is to take action by filing the Mandamus.

The more people that file, especially the ones who are waiting for a year after DQ , the better it will be for others in the pipeline.

If we just sit on our hands, keep waiting and accept that the embassy is slow, nothing is ever going to happen and we will be stuck waiting for god knows how many years to be with our spouses. 

so what you are saying is that they will not increase their movement at all? And we will just be increasing more for months waiting??

what’s SIV and and DV? This sucks man. I’ll think about filing after 12 months waiting they are just taking way to long 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

so what you are saying is that they will not increase their movement at all? And we will just be increasing more for months waiting??

what’s SIV and and DV? This sucks man. I’ll think about filing after 12 months waiting they are just taking way to long 

SIVs are special immigrant visas and DVs are diversity visas. They are basically working on all the cases that came in from Afghanistan first.

They said they are increasing staff and trying to cover the backlog but they have been saying that since the start of 2021 too. 

The fact remains that just sitting and waiting is not going to do anything. Is the wait worth the years of your life you're going to be away from your spouse? For me, it's not.

Edited by zaeemshoaib

2 minutes ago, zaeemshoaib said:

SIVs are special immigrant visas and DVs are diversity visas. They are basically working on all the cases that came in from Afghanistan first.

Man that some bull. they still will not do interview for upcoming cr1 and ir1? Then why did they take on afghan cases if not prioritize us first 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

Man that some bull. they still will not do interview for upcoming cr1 and ir1? Then why did they take on afghan cases if not prioritize us first 

A bit incorrect of me to say they are working on the Afghanistan cases first. They are working on cases by date but obviously an entire country's cases just coming in to one embassy has increased the backlog that was there due to COVID by 10x even if they are going by date.

Why do you think the embassy is still processing cases that were documentarily qualified in March 2021 for interview in September 2022? There's still more than a year of waiting ahead of us at this pace.

Edited by zaeemshoaib

5 minutes ago, zaeemshoaib said:

A bit incorrect of me to say they are working on the Afghanistan cases first. They are working on cases by date but obviously an entire country's cases just coming in to one embassy has increased the backlog that was there due to COVID by 10x even if they are going by date.

Why do you think the embassy is still processing cases that were documentarily qualified in March 2021 for interview in September 2022? There's still more than a year of waiting ahead of us at this pace.

well we been documented qualified since December 2021 so we are good and hopefully we will get ours next year. Is for the people in 2022 will be waiting longer. Thankfully they are in March 2021 at least and we will see by end of December where they are at. Though it does sucks they are going way slower. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

well we been documented qualified since December 2021 so we are good and hopefully we will get ours next year. Is for the people in 2022 will be waiting longer. Thankfully they are in March 2021 at least and we will see by end of December where they are at. Though it does sucks they are going way slower. 

They were stuck on February for almost 5 months. That should give you an idea of how slow it's going. Our DQ date isn't much further than yours but I am not OK with waiting and sort of surprised that you're OK with waiting for another year after being in the process already for a year I'm assuming, but to each their own I guess. Glad that you're managing it well. Being apart from my wife for months at a time is like torture to me. 

4 minutes ago, zaeemshoaib said:

They were stuck on February for almost 5 months. That should give you an idea of how slow it's going. Our DQ date isn't much further than yours but I am not OK with waiting and sort of surprised that you're OK with waiting for another year after being in the process already for a year I'm assuming, but to each their own I guess. Glad that you're managing it well. Being apart from my wife for months at a time is like torture to me. 

We are also not okay with waiting. It’s the same with me waiting apart from the wife taking forever. We will see where we at end of December though and then make a decision. Cause even if we do file the mandamus most the time it will be declined and do not want that happen. Well poodena you are almost a year waiting now you guys should also make a decision about it. 

Edited by Machinecorpse62

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

We are also not okay with waiting. It’s the same with me waiting apart from the wife taking forever. We will see where we at end of December though and then make a decision. Cause even if we do file the mandamus most the time it will be declined and do not want that happen. 

Where did you get that information that it will be declined? The primary purpose of the Mandamus is to show an unreasonable delay and a 2 -year total wait away from your spouse obviously counts as unreasonable.
The burden is on the embassy to show that it is not unreasonable, which they obviously can't.

Edited by zaeemshoaib

16 hours ago, zaeemshoaib said:

Where did you get that information that it will be declined? The primary purpose of the Mandamus is to show an unreasonable delay and a 2 -year total wait away from your spouse obviously counts as unreasonable.
The burden is on the embassy to show that it is not unreasonable, which they obviously can't.

its still a risk to take. I read on other forums so that’s why. we will see next year and see how it goes. Then decide

Timeline
3 hours ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

its still a risk to take. I read on other forums so that’s why. we will see next year and see how it goes. Then decide

That's a very common misconception, that there is a "risk," usually thrown around on forums instead of people consulting an actual lawyer. Most lawyers do consultations for free even. The Mandamus has no bearing on your case being rejected. The USCIS/the embassy has to prove there is no unreasonable delay, especially if the case on hold for a year or more. The burden of proof is more on them. 

Edited by zaeemshoaib

1 hour ago, zaeemshoaib said:

That's a very common misconception, that there is a "risk," usually thrown around on forums instead of people consulting an actual lawyer. Most lawyers do consultations for free even. The Mandamus has no bearing on your case being rejected. The USCIS/the embassy has to prove there is no unreasonable delay, especially if the case on hold for a year or more. The burden of proof is more on them. 

you should give it a try if you think it will work. 

Timeline

Wow this is just too sad... how come Pakistan has to take on the brunt of Aghanistan's SIV cases and not other countries..This is just so messed up. I've been reading up on the SIV cases and I think there are so many ppl (hundreds thousands/millions) eligible for that.. and if all of those ppl are getting priority over us..It's really effecting my mental health. I might just wait the year and see and not look into this much it just gets more and more messed up honestly. Even lawyers, I know so many ppl who's cases got screwed up bc the lawyer didnt do all the paperwork right... but I do agree with everyone that we need a plan T_T 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.