femme0

Marriage Fraud Advice

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I was wondering if someone could advise please. I married a foreigner overseas back in 2018. I was 35 at that time and was already thinking about having a child on my own . I figured that it was time for me at 35 to think about becoming a single mom. Then I met my husband online and it felt really special, so fast forward to 6 months later and we got married overseas. The discussion about children happen right away once we met, so there was no confusion on either side that we both wanted a child or two. So after we met and got married, we also met at two different times overseas while I had already petitioned for him for CR1. During the Covid pandemic, he was short in $, so was I, but I was sending my husband at that time $500/month for about a year or so to help him out as he had no money, so I had also invested in this marriage financially having a little myself at that time since he was my husband and you're supposed to help your husband/wife.

I am the one who petitioned for him and did his docs myself. He moved to the US a year ago in April 2021 at last. By the time he moved to the US, I was already 38! So once in the US, I discovered that he was on several local dating apps to my surprise! We only lived together for 6 months from the moment he stepped foot in the US. Our timeframe of the actual living together marriage was that he moved here in April, got his 10-yr card end of July (so 90 days later) and we separated end of September. As i said, I caught him on various dating apps, once his g.c. arrived he backed off from wanting to have a child, which means I wasted around 3.5 years of my life brining someone to the US thinking he is also serious about the marriage per his interest in having a child. I certainly would not have gone through the relationship if he was honest from the beginning that he didn't want a child instead of intentionally waiting to get his hands on his 10 yr card and then backing off from the plan right away leaving me stranded so to speak. Now I am 39 with lost finances and would have to go through my plan of becoming a single mom because I had my time wasted by a con artist. I do not have the luxury of time to date then get married (if that even happens within a year or two). I feel really stupid and embarrassed, but at the same time, dating in Los Angeles is brutal and I highly doubt that I would have met someone serious had I not met him. It's really that bad here in LA.

So now I wanted to disclose the true problem and ask to which category of immigration law this falls into. So as mentioned, we lived together 6 months and once the dating apps were discovered, I packed his bags and while doing so, I found a foreign passport other than his native one where he moved from to the US. To better explain what happened is that he confessed to me the following as he already had his 10 year g.c. so he had nothing to lose. Let's call his native country, the country A, while the second country he has a passport from, country B. So turns out that he lived in country B for many years and got his citizenship through fake marriage there, then years later, he married the second time in that country B for love, but divorced again, so we have 2 undisclosed marriages from a foreign country where he holds citizenship from....2 undisclosed marriages and 1 undisclosed citizenship from country B! Now...his native country A, which is the country that he lived in when we petitioned for him and where he had just 1 previous marriage that was disclosed in his USCIS petition as I knew about it. So that country B and everything happened to him there and even the fact that he has been there was totally omitted from his immigration visa (DS260) and his USCIS file. I took a photo of his biographical page of that country B's passport for my records.

The problem is even more deeper...his country B passport's last name is the same with a small variation where he intentionally registered by changing two letters there. He did so because neither country A nor country B recognize/accept dual citizenship, which means that his country B passport was not only fraudulently obtained by committing marriage fraud with a female friend of his, but according to country and A and B, both don't recognize dual citizenship, so this is why he had bribed someone at the passport place to slightly change the two letters in his last name so that eh won't be under the radar when travelling between country A and B which he did often. Yes, bribing at the passport center is a norm in 3rd world countries. He said that he was nervous that he might get caught having two passports and that is why his native country's last name slightly differs from the other country's passport, all the other biographical info on both of his passports are the same and the photo is the same as well obviously. The only positive thing is that he is gradually paying me back for the support I sent him back in 2020 covid year which I'm glad that I am getting back at least some of my money but I don't know if he will pay the whole thing back. 

I forgot to mention that I did file for divorce as summary dissolution to make it easier and hassle free since it does not include going in front of the judge and we didn't acquire much during those 6 months of actual marriage. My question is if what he omitted is considered misrepresentation and has a specific law to it or is it fraud per immigration law? How do you or how will the USCIS classify this? I am planning on reporting him but still need to wait for my divorce decree so that I can send it all together. I plan on contacting country B and country A (his native) to let them know that he is holding dual citizenship and that country B's passport was acquired through fake marriage. Do you think the USCIS will look at this or toss it to the side? Is there a way to revoke or deport him for this or having the 10 yrs card will make it impossible, hence his confession knowing that he's now untouchable. He called me the other day asking for my tax return because someone told him that if he can get my tax return, he can apply for citizenship soon LOL so the guy thinks I'm going to help him after what he did to me. Now he has ambitions to become a US citizen after living with my for just 6 months. He told me that "I'll get the citizenship  regardless of your help, I can hire a tom notch lawyers and they can do magic for me!" 

Edited by femme0
grammar

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, femme0 said:

Hi guys. I was wondering if someone could advise please. I married a foreigner overseas back in 2018. I was 35 at that time and was already thinking about having a child on my own . I figured that it was time for me at 35 to think about becoming a single mom. Then I met my husband online and it felt really special, so fast forward to 6 months later and we got married overseas. The discussion about children happen right away once we met, so there was no confusion on either side that we both wanted a child or two. So after we met and got married, we also met at two different times overseas while I had already petitioned for him for CR1. During the Covid pandemic, he was short in $, so was I, but I was sending my husband at that time $500/month for about a year or so to help him out as he had no money, so I had also invested in this marriage financially having a little myself at that time since he was my husband and you're supposed to help your husband/wife.

I am the one who petitioned for him and did his docs myself. He moved to the US a year ago in April 2021 at last. By the time he moved to the US, I was already 38! So once in the US, I discovered that he was on several local dating apps to my surprise! We only lived together for 6 months from the moment he stepped foot in the US. Our timeframe of the actual living together marriage was that he moved here in April, got his 10-yr card end of July (so 90 days later) and we separated end of September. As i said, I caught him on various dating apps, once his g.c. arrived he backed off from wanting to have a child, which means I wasted around 3.5 years of my life brining someone to the US thinking he is also serious about the marriage per his interest in having a child. I certainly would not have gone through the relationship if he was honest from the beginning that he didn't want a child instead of intentionally waiting to get his hands on his 10 yr card and then backing off from the plan right away leaving me stranded so to speak. Now I am 39 with lost finances and would have to go through my plan of becoming a single mom because I had my time wasted by a con artist. I do not have the luxury of time to date then get married (if that even happens within a year or two). I feel really stupid and embarrassed, but at the same time, dating in Los Angeles is brutal and I highly doubt that I would have met someone serious had I not met him. It's really that bad here in LA.

So now I wanted to disclose the true problem and ask to which category of immigration law this falls into. So as mentioned, we lived together 6 months and once the dating apps were discovered, I packed his bags and while doing so, I found a foreign passport other than his native one where he moved from to the US. To better explain what happened is that he confessed to me the following as he already had his 10 year g.c. so he had nothing to lose. Let's call his native country, the country A, while the second country he has a passport from, country B. So turns out that he lived in country B for many years and got his citizenship through fake marriage there, then years later, he married the second time in that country B for love, but divorced again, so we have 2 undisclosed marriages from a foreign country where he holds citizenship from....2 undisclosed marriages and 1 undisclosed citizenship from country B! Now...his native country A, which is the country that he lived in when we petitioned for him and where he had just 1 previous marriage that was disclosed in his USCIS petition as I knew about it. So that country B and everything happened to him there and even the fact that he has been there was totally omitted from his immigration visa (DS260) and his USCIS file. I took a photo of his biographical page of that country B's passport for my records.

The problem is even more deeper...his country B passport's last name is the same with a small variation where he intentionally registered by changing two letters there. He did so because neither country A nor country B recognize/accept dual citizenship, which means that his country B passport was not only fraudulently obtained by committing marriage fraud with a female friend of his, but according to country and A and B, both don't recognize dual citizenship, so this is why he had bribed someone at the passport place to slightly change the two letters in his last name so that eh won't be under the radar when travelling between country A and B which he did often. Yes, bribing at the passport center is a norm in 3rd world countries. He said that he was nervous that he might get caught having two passports and that is why his native country's last name slightly differs from the other country's passport, all the other biographical info on both of his passports are the same and the photo is the same as well obviously. The only positive thing is that he is gradually paying me back for the support I sent him back in 2020 covid year which I'm glad that I am getting back at least some of my money but I don't know if he will pay the whole thing back. 

I forgot to mention that I did file for divorce as summary dissolution to make it easier and hassle free since it does not include going in front of the judge and we didn't acquire much during those 6 months of actual marriage. My question is if what he omitted is considered misrepresentation and has a specific law to it or is it fraud per immigration law? How do you or how will the USCIS classify this? I am planning on reporting him but still need to wait for my divorce decree so that I can send it all together. I plan on contacting country B and country A (his native) to let them know that he is holding dual citizenship and that country B's passport was acquired through fake marriage. Do you think the USCIS will look at this or toss it to the side? Is there a way to revoke or deport him for this or having the 10 yrs card will make it impossible, hence his confession knowing that he's now untouchable. He called me the other day asking for my tax return because someone told him that if he can get my tax return, he can apply for citizenship soon LOL so the guy thinks I'm going to help him after what he did to me. Now he has ambitions to become a US citizen after living with my for just 6 months. He told me that "I'll get the citizenship  regardless of your help, I can hire a tom notch lawyers and they can do magic for me!" 

Even if you are not getting your time/money back, you need to close this chapter in your life, and move on with you plans of getting a child and perhaps getting a new boyfriend. Sometimes when things dont work out, the US part of the marriage tries to take away the green card from the other part but just explain your situation to USCIS because the guy is a pro.

There's a page where you can report marriage fraud, he is not untouchable, i know someone who could not get his US citizenship because he was on jail once, he is in probation for life, if he gets caught committing a felony, his permanent residency will be removed.

https://www.uscis.gov/report-fraud/uscis-tip-form

9 hours ago, femme0 said:

Now he has ambitions to become a US citizen after living with my for just 6 months. He told me that "I'll get the citizenship  regardless of your help, I can hire a tom notch lawyers and they can do magic for me!" 

So your Catch Me If You Can Romeo has informed himself on how US Immigration Laws work :once granted LPR ( green card) only an Immigration Court can take it away & has prepared to pay for the magic. 

He broke your heart, I feel for you, but relationships go south for many and had this union worked out ( no cheating, joy of planning a child) you would be fighting alongside him to overcome the fraudulent passports ( had they become known to USCIS). 

The real mystery here is that now YOU KNOW this man may or may NOT be who he claims…and with TWO PASSPORTS and 2 Citizenships that were NOT declared to the US…what is holding you back from picking up the phone w FBI?  

I don’t condone ANY US Citizen that marries or gets engaged to a Foreigner…saying or acting on “ I will get you deported “..or shouting “ marriage fraud” after successfully  JOINTLY convincing the government ( DOS/USCIS) that it was real/ bonafide…

You don’t need to wait for your divorce to report the fraudulent passports to ICE and FBI…he may be just a harmless romance scammer w fake docs …or 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.