MLGood

INTERVIEW LETTER RECEIVED ONLY ONE WEEK AFTER DQ!!!!! IR1 - BRAZIL

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

That is a good sign that the backlog at the consulate has been eliminated.  In 2017, we received my wife's interview letter 5 days after getting the "case complete" email from NVC......Great news!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

That is a good sign that the backlog at the consulate has been eliminated.  In 2017, we received my wife's interview letter 5 days after getting the "case complete" email from NVC......Great news!!!

YES!!!!! This is a good sign to everyone that is waiting. It gives hope to all. 

Applicants and petitioners from the pandemic are finally having their relief now. I'm happy for the ones starting their immigration journey now, because probably they are not going to have to wait that much. 

Thank you Crazy Cat!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

That is great news! @MLGood, hope your interview went well! 

Were you able to schedule the medical examination before the interview? In which city? I heard that there is a great backlog which is a problem especially for those already in the USA

I believe that another big backlog now is between I-140 approval and the DS. It is a limbo since USCIS clears out cases once approved and the DS only counts the backlog after DQ. Since December I140s approved are not going from TSC to NVC. Nebraska seems normal. 

J

Timeline
21 hours ago, JBRE22022 said:

That is great news! @MLGood, hope your interview went well! 

Were you able to schedule the medical examination before the interview? In which city? I heard that there is a great backlog which is a problem especially for those already in the USA

I believe that another big backlog now is between I-140 approval and the DS. It is a limbo since USCIS clears out cases once approved and the DS only counts the backlog after DQ. Since December I140s approved are not going from TSC to NVC. Nebraska seems normal. 

J

Hello! Thanks!!! Thank GOD the interview went well. 
Yes! I scheduled in Sao Paulo (the state where I live) 
I was able to schedule in time before the interview, because someone gave up on their appointment, so I was able to take that empty spot. 
I called them and said that I was available to go any time, so if someone doesn't show up, I was going to go. 
They told me that this happens frequently. So try to call them, and say that you're able to pick up if someone doesn't show up.  I don't know how your work schedule is, or how far you live from the doctor, but at the end of the day, being able to get everything ready at the time of the interview is one last thing to stress about! And avoid going under AP. 
Yes, there is a big backlog. Most of the people getting interviewed on the same day as me, didn't have their medical results yet. 
I feel sorry to know that! We know how stressful it is to deal with immigration process. I hope you're able to get everything done in time!!! Wish you all the best!!!! 

Timeline
On 4/18/2022 at 9:53 AM, davidac said:

I was just DQ'd this past week so this really gives me hope. Thank you for sharing! My visa category is f2b though so I don't know if that makes any difference, but anyway, I'm sure it's coming soon!

Thanks for your message! Yes, as far as I'm reading here, I guess the consulate in Brazil it's going pretty fast recently. Another person from the same category as me had his interview scheduled almost as quickly as I had. Hopefully this works for the other categories as well. Maybe their backlog is coming to an end. I hope you get your interview appointment soon! Wish you all the best!!!! 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, MLGood said:
Hello! Thanks!!! Thank GOD the interview went well. 
Yes! I scheduled in Sao Paulo (the state where I live) 
I was able to schedule in time before the interview, because someone gave up on their appointment, so I was able to take that empty spot. 
I called them and said that I was available to go any time, so if someone doesn't show up, I was going to go. 
They told me that this happens frequently. So try to call them, and say that you're able to pick up if someone doesn't show up.  I don't know how your work schedule is, or how far you live from the doctor, but at the end of the day, being able to get everything ready at the time of the interview is one last thing to stress about! And avoid going under AP. 
Yes, there is a big backlog. Most of the people getting interviewed on the same day as me, didn't have their medical results yet. 
I feel sorry to know that! We know how stressful it is to deal with immigration process. I hope you're able to get everything done in time!!! Wish you all the best!!!! 

Thanks! I am still waiting for USCIS to send the case to the DS, so a long way to go. We live in New Jersey, so scheduling the medical examinations is likely going to be an issue

Timeline
7 hours ago, JBRE22022 said:

Thanks! I am still waiting for USCIS to send the case to the DS, so a long way to go. We live in New Jersey, so scheduling the medical examinations is likely going to be an issue

Oh okay! I thought you were living in Brazil. Yes, so it is going to give you a little headache. But in the other hand, you can check with all 4 avaiable places, then fly straigth to the right place. One person here told me here that he was able to get his medicals on time in Belo Horizonte, it was the only one with appointments available. I hope everything works good for you! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/13/2022 at 12:09 PM, MLGood said:

Hello everyone!!!!

I'm sure this is good news for those who are wondering when they are going to get their interview appointment letter from the NVC. I want to share our experience after we were DQ'd at the NVC. Here are the dates: 

DQ on March 14 2022. 

Interview appointment letter: March 21 2022. 

Interview date: April 11 2022 (Rio de Janeiro)

I think it is important and relevant to share when good things happen! I would love to see someone posting this information, because give us an idea of how long it is taking to get an interview scheduled at Embassies abroad. Since they don't share this information. 

Miracles happen!!!! We are extremely happy!!!!

Good luck to all of you! God bless!

What was your PD date? I am still waiting to hear back

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.