Mara Liceth

Where do I return Green Card

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello All, I relay hope someone can help me with this question. I had my interview for citizenship on March 15 and I was approved right there but in order to get approved since my removal of conditions was pending the officer had to approve that first and the my N400. He told me I will get my new green card but I had to return it because the next day I got my citizenship certificate. My question is where do I have to return it. He never told me and I can’t get through on the phone because it doesn’t give me the option to talk to an agent. Can someone please guide me in The right direction? Thanks I’m advance! 

I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you ❤️

6A198021-A7C3-405C-A1FD-28C831D642CC.png

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

u will surrender the green card to officer at the oath ceremony

I did. But I got the new one for 10 years a week after my oath ceremony 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mara Liceth said:

I did. But I got the new one for 10 years a week after my oath ceremony 

u can send it the local USCIS field office with a letter to explain the reason for returning it

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

u can send it the local USCIS field office with a letter to explain the reason for returning it

Thank you so much! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I kept my greencard as a "souvenir". 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
5 hours ago, Scandi said:

I wish I had that option. Hehehe 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Scandi said:

Are you sure there is not problem on keeping it? The officer told me to return it as soon as I get it. Is been a month but I could never find a way to do it. I just don’t want it to be an issue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mara Liceth said:

Are you sure there is not problem on keeping it? The officer told me to return it as soon as I get it. Is been a month but I could never find a way to do it. I just don’t want it to be an issue.

Nah, won't be an issue. Many people can't even find their greencards when it's time to surrender them at the oath ceremony, nobody asks any questiosn other than "Where's your greencard?", I say "I can't find it". And that's that. Nobody is going to hunt you down over a plastic card, promise. 

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
22 hours ago, Scandi said:

Nah, won't be an issue. Many people can't even find their greencards when it's time to surrender them at the oath ceremony, nobody asks any questiosn other than "Where's your greencard?", I say "I can't find it". And that's that. Nobody is going to hunt you down over a plastic card, promise. 

Perfect! Thank you sooo much! ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.